Tips & Advice

bertiebat

Ask an agent?

[ Edited ]

Please note this is a guide and for those seeking further help, please post a question on the Help board here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/bd-p/QA1 :smileyhappy:

I thought it might be useful to have a guide on responding to posts with the 'Ask an agent' and when this is not the answer. 

The whole purpose of the forums is to be helpful and resolve issues without unnecessary involvement of agents.  This is how users get a speedy service and giffgaff keep their costs down so we can all benefit. :smileyvery-happy:

Firstly for less experienced members it is better to wait until more experienced members have had a chance to respond as they may have an answer avoiding the need to contact an agent or seek further information from OP.  The OP can then be confused by the conflicting advice (not helpful) or even waste time by asking an agent who will refer them back to the community (not helpful).

When it's account related (seemingly unexplained loss of credit) then try to check if they have a live goodybag etc that could explain the issue.  Always worth checking the Notice Board to see if there are known issues with further advice on what to do,

When you know that the issue can only be resolved by an agent then explain why and how to contact an agent (helpful). It's bad manners and unhelpful to just respond  'Ask an agent'.  

Common problems that cannot be resolved by an agent:

• Phone Setting issues.
  • Usernames cannot be changed by giffgaff. 
  • Accounts cannot be deleted from the system (they must stay on the system for audit purposes). Suggest that the user changes personal details if that's want they want to do.
  • Community related issues should be directed to an educator and not an agent.
  • Goodybags that are already live cannot be changed.   Queued goodybags however can be changed by an agent if requested outside of 24 hours of the live one expiring.

Common problems that can be resolved without asking an agent.

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
expert
giffgaff_1

Re: Ask an agent?

Nicely put
GetafreeGiffgaffSim
newcomer
luknoor

I need help big time, im getting realy frustrated now, I bought a goodybag 2 weeks ago, they said id recieve it on the 14th when my old goodybag expired, its now 21 hours and 26 minutes in and I have recieved nothing, I realy need my calls and texts and dont want to be told theres nothing I can do and that ive just wasted £20 on nothing.
novice
priceytom

Luknoor, that's a situation where you do need to ask an agent because they're the only ones that can help with like account and finance problems. So defintely speak to an agent!

bertiebat

luknoor wrote:
I need help big time, im getting realy frustrated now, I bought a goodybag 2 weeks ago, they said id recieve it on the 14th when my old goodybag expired, its now 21 hours and 26 minutes in and I have recieved nothing, I realy need my calls and texts and dont want to be told theres nothing I can do and that ive just wasted £20 on nothing.

Hi luknoor,

From the sounds of it you bought a goodybag that queued because you already had a live one.  Your current one will expire later tonight and the new one should kick in around about midnight.  You can dial *100*7# - to give you the amount of minutes, so zero now but loads when the new goodybag has gone live (which should be soon so don't despair).  No need to contact an agent by the way. :smileyhappy:

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
bertiebat

Just bumping this guide up as I'm still seeing far to many questions responded to with 'ask an agent' when this is inappropriate,

As we all know the agents are in high demand at the moment and we do really need to only refer people when this is correct course to take.

Thanks for reading.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
sofia786

Hi
I ad 135 minz in my account and i called giffgaff number and it took all my minz.. My username is sofia786 can u plzz get back to me asap thanks.
newcomer
georgethorley

Hi

I am on the giffgaff Network, I hv an iPhone 4s but is it possible to play YouTube videos on your network without being connected up to a wi-fi server?

Thanks!!!

George
bertiebat

georgethorley wrote:
Hi

I am on the giffgaff Network, I hv an iPhone 4s but is it possible to play YouTube videos on your network without being connected up to a wi-fi server?

Thanks!!!

George

Yes that is possible but maybe you need these settings. http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Guide-to-using-an-iPhone-on-giffgaff/ta-p/3....

in future it is better create a new message in the Help section and then you will get instant support. :smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
sloz

Hi George follow these directions

The problems arise from the settings profile you installed from the link you recieved by texting settings to 2020
You must delete this profile
Go to settings- general- profile
(Profiles is near the bottom)

Now go to safari and install these settings
Http://p.ly/verified
(by deleting the previous profile your Internet will not connect so use wifi or go to settings- general- network- mobile data network
And change the mobile data apn to giffgaff.com
That will enable you to install the new profile)

Once installed all that's required is to change the mms settings a little
Go again to settings- general- network- mobile data network
And change the mms apn from
Idata.o2.co.uk to giffgaff.com
And the mms username from
Vertigo to giffgaff
Don't click reset.
All apps and sites that previously gave errors before should now work