Tips & Advice

trainee
tyrrell9

MicroSIM -> SIM adapters

Don't know if these have been mentioned on here before, but thought they could come in handy for people using giffgaff with the new iphone. As you can only have one sim card after it's been cut down it obviously won't fit any phone other than the iphone. Ordered one of these last week and they seem decent quality, most of the others on ebay seem to be from Hong Kong. Haven't been able to try it yet as haven't yet got round to cutting my sim down. Going for £2.60 delivered now, I paid about 3.50, prices seem to change depending on the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MicroSim-adapter-iPad-Convert-Sim-Micro-Sim-/120588979214?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_M...

There might be a few more floating around on ebay as well, these seem decent though, took about 3 or 4 days for delivery.

iPhone 4 32gb
http://twitter.com/tyrrell9
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
allan1954
Topics: 262
Kudos: 1,302
Best Answers: 323

Re: MicroSIM -> SIM adapters

tyrrell9 wrote:

Don't know if these have been mentioned on here before, but thought they could come in handy for people using giffgaff with the new iphone. As you can only have one sim card after it's been cut down it obviously won't fit any phone other than the iphone. Ordered one of these last week and they seem decent quality, most of the others on ebay seem to be from Hong Kong. Haven't been able to try it yet as haven't yet got round to cutting my sim down. Going for £2.60 delivered now, I paid about 3.50, prices seem to change depending on the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MicroSim-adapter-iPad-Convert-Sim-Micro-Sim-/120588979214?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_M...

There might be a few more floating around on ebay as well, these seem decent though, took about 3 or 4 days for delivery.

i thought o2 was giving these away for free to iphone users.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
contributor
zanityman

yes, they're *meant to* but I've not heard of anyone acutally getting one... (maybe it's just that not many people need them?)

Cheers - ZM

I don't work for GiffGaff, I'm just a very happy customer! Views expressed above are my own personal views are not necessarily those of giffgaff.

instructor
brradley

You can get them for around £1.16 here, and don't worry, they're reliable, I've bought loads of things from there before! :smileyhappy:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
counsellor
danielclo1il
Mobile Phone: iPhone 4 32GB White

brradley wrote:
You can get them for around £1.16 here, and don't worry, they're reliable, I've bought loads of things from there before! :smileyhappy:

i have a couple of the noosy ones, there absolute crap!

there too flexible, the microsim pings out of it..

Thanks
Dann

novice
paperweight

If you use one of those "hole punch" microsim cutters, keep the offcut and use that as a microsim holder (you know it fits because your microsim was cut from it!)
newcomer
nikkidev

I bought a micro sim adapter from Carphone Warehouse which was useless for converting a micro sim back to use with an iphone 3gs. It was too thick and the way it is designed, you have to use tape to stick it to the adapter so that it doesn't fall out of the iphone's sim tray! Avoid