Tips & Advice

pupil
justin999

OS 5.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (A4 Devices) Can Now Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b6

The iPhone Dev-Team – reliably as per usual – have updated its Redsn0w jailbreak tool, allowing those using the latest iOS 5.1 to set their devices free. It works for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices except, of course, the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2. Additionally, as you may already be aware, the jailbreak is tethered, meaning you will need to connect your device to a computer to boot tethered each time it is switched off for whatever reason. How to jailbreak iOS 5.1 using Redsn0w Step 1: Download the latest version of iTunes (10.6) Step 2: Open up iTunes, and back up your device. Step 3: Upgrade your firmware to iOS 5.1.  Step 4: Download the latest version of Redsn0w Windows https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.10b6.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 Mac  https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b6.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 Step 6: Now we move on to the process where you will need to repeat every time your device is switched off. This is called tethered boot. Launch Redsn0w, select "Extras", then"Just Boot" in order to boot your device tethered.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
contributor
romloader

Re: OS 5.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (A4 Devices) Can Now Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b6

What's difrent in 5.1 I'm on 5.0.1
pupil
justin999

Re: OS 5.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (A4 Devices) Can Now Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b6

@ romloader Official change-log: - Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)  - Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream  - Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)  - Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces  - Redesigned Camera app for iPad  - Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers  - Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer  - Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad  - Addresses bugs affecting battery life  - Fixes and issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
eddnoon
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,044
Ideas: 9
Best Answers: 135

Nice little tip for all those on iphone!
contributor
romloader

Sounds good but I need a untethered phone so I think I'm goin to have to wait for the update

But thanks for the up