Tips & Advice

1hale
Topics: 473
Kudos: 2,065
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 22
Best Answers: 204

Re: GiffGaff Short Codes - Access Hidden Parts Quickly

Stevenb1976 yes there is a permanent way.....

........Move networks to a network that does not use the O2 infrastructure and signals.
soothsayer
oldyorkie
Mobile Phone: Nexus 5 32gb.

@1hale ... your reply is rather inappropriate ... the question was a valid one.:smileyindifferent:

Your attention is drawn to this thread

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/Keeping-It-Constructive/m-p/3545487...

From which, the following is extracted for you

The community guidelines say:-

• "4.Respect each other: New members and frequent contributors alike, everyone’s input is encouraged and there is room for different opinions."
  • "5.Pointless posts:Pointless posts are posts that do not offer value or contribute to a discussion."

You need to remember that for some people their first interaction with the community is when they have a problem. They may not be fully aware of options open to them and they may express their frustration openly. As long as it is kept clean, then giffgaff don't have a problem with this and feel no need to censor it.

Whilst not all of us may like that, it should be appreciated that more often than not these are generally good people like ourselves who are having a bad day and encouraging them to leave isn't going to help, but may only aggravate the situation further.

It doesn't serve the customer, the community or giffgaff as a whole to see people leave and join another network without first making a positive attempt to help them resolve a situation

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try :smileywink:
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at :smileytongue:

Get a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
soothsayer
oldyorkie

stevenb1976 wrote:
Is there a permanent way to get delivery reports for every text sent without adding *0# to each text?

Hi Steven

Unfortunatey not mate, sorry, I have the same phone as you and have tried all sorts, but to no avail.

Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at :smileytongue:

1hale

@oldyorkie and @Tobias_b consider of fully reprimanded.

@Stevenb1976 I sincerely apologize for the tone of my previous post.

All I really meant to say was that because giffgaff runs on the infrastructure used by O2 then because O2 don't natively support delivery reports without the *0# code then customers on O2, Tesco and giffgaff will always have to use the shortcode in their text messages.

I do hope that one day in the future O2 DO start using the traditional delivery report meaning we no longer need to enter the *0# code but until they do then we are stuck with it I am afraid.

So once again I would like to apologize for what I said earlier.
soothsayer
oldyorkie

@1hale - nice apology :manhappy: and a much better explanation of why delivery reports don't work without *0#

"Respect" to you for revisiting the thread.....well done :manhappy:

1hale

I have also pm'd it to Stevenb1976 and Tobias_b also look http://is.gd/sorry1
newcomer
valapolandro

This is an awesome bit of info :smileyhappy:

newcomer
bencr

Settings one worked, many thanks :smileyhappy:
newcomer
benbcook

Hi I've try'd using the Internet configuration code and it isn't working its just tellin me my ballence, any one know what's wrong ? (blackberry curve)
newcomer
anayah123

can giffgaff put a block number service which allows someone to block a number