Tips & Advice

newcomer
zulu149er

Re: giffgaffer's guide to Blackberry

You can get the Internet to work on the blackberry bold 9700 because I have successfully installed the Internet service book.
beginner
sacha1996

I thought that giff gaff cannot support BB as they don't have an agreement with BB for access.  As the BB services come directly from Blackberry and not your network provider

heavy hitter
jslaterb

sacha1996 wrote:

I thought that giff gaff cannot support BB as they don't have an agreement with BB for access.  As the BB services come directly from Blackberry and not your network provider

Read this thread from the start. The guides and workarounds do work. I have a Blackberry and am perfectly happy with it on Giffgaff.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
jamesd2010

@Darrenpainter

You may now want to add this exciting news into the main post:

In other news and as many of you know, currently giffgaff doesn’t support the full range of Blackberry services (push e-mail, Blackberry web and BB Messenger). Across the Community, Facebook and Twitter we get almost daily requests and questions regarding Blackberry. As a result a project has kicked off to launch the functionality to get these services up and running. This project is already underway but it’s a significant piece of work and effects lots of different systems, so the likely launch date is in the summer.  Once launched we can get all our Blackberry using friends to make the switch to giffgaff.

More information: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Product-Update/ba-p/835537

newcomer
fmforyou

My Wife and I have BB 8900's. We have followed ALL the tips on here (some took a bit more research and fiddling) but we now have two BB's fully giffgaffed. :-)

We have:

1) Gmail synced via IMAP (we linked our POP3 accounts to Gmail)

2) Google Calendars (one each synced via Google sync, which updates BB native Calendar with each other activities)

3) Nimbuzz and IM+ PRO (which replcaes, sort of, BB IM, but gives access to fb chat, skype, twitter)

4) Google MAPS (excellent)

5) BB native browser (used the tips on here) now works (also have Opera 6 installed)

6) FB Mobile via browser

All in all we are very pleased as the giffgaff running costs is sooooo cheap :-) I can only say, for us any way, that we do ot need to pay extra for BIS !!

newcomer
eagles131

Hi Guys,

I have change apn setting for internet , have opera installed and still no internet

I have checked incase there is a bar , but there is not.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

G

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
mali1967

Hi im a new giffgaffer :smileyhappy:

Myself my GF and little one have just moved our numbers to giffgaff

After spending hours trying to get the BB8520 the help on here really helped,

I just want to point out after following these instructions http://www.hackingunlocked.co.cc/2011/01/enable-or-hack-blackberry-browser.html  i found my browser and app world still didnt work , the problem was in your services after you have installed the browser service, you need to take out everything except Browser config and email.

Also uninstall facebook you already have in, and reinstall facebook 1.7 or less.

The phone now runs evrything except BB messenger, without any BB data plan

newcomer
collette21

hi ive got blackberry torch how do i get internet settings 

darrenpainter
Kudos: 13,223
Best Answers: 3,965

collette21 wrote:

hi ive got blackberry torch how do i get internet settings 

Go back to the beginning of this thread and read the 1st post :smileyhappy:

newcomer
wasteman32

I recently lost my phone and got an old blackberry from a friend which was with O2. I ordered a new sim and activated it and it carried over my £5 goodybag, yet i cannot send any texts. At the moment in the top right corner it says GSM, usually it should say gprs right? Can anyone help with this?

cheers