Tips & Guides

aks782
Kudos: 2,474

Activating sim card using voucher (o2 and giffgaff)

[ Edited ]

Q: Is it possible to activate my sim using a o2 voucher

A: Yes! But as we move on into July, why not try asking for a GG voucher in the shops next time :smileywink:

Step 1)  Begin activating your sim  - remember there is a limit of 1 sim per account.

Step 2&3) Fill out the "Login" and "Personal details"

Step 4) You should now be on the 3rd stage called "Top-up". Look out for the box in the mid-right of the page, as seen below

Enter you code and click go, and then that will be applied to your account.

Step 5) Finish off the activation process :smileyhappy:

Problems during process?

“Sorry, that voucher code has already been used” – worry not! This is a common error message relating to topup vouchers, just try the activation process again and it should work. If the message reappears, then leave a couple of hours before re-trying, the reason for this is that the giffgaff payment systems sometimes take a while to update their database.

Also try; clearing your browser cache, restarting the browser and re-trying the activation process – if this fails, try the procedure in a completely different browser or PC. 

For a giffgaff sim with £5 FREE CREDIT when you activate, click here

newcomer
therealmccoy

Re: Activating sim card using voucher (o2 and giffgaff)

hi I bought an o2 voucher on the 8th of September and I'm trying to activate my sim with it as you said but there is no box for the voucher code. there is only the part to pay by credit card.I know there were some problems with topping up with vouchers but these were fixed on the 24th august. please help I really want to be able to use my voucher. thanks & sorry if I'm a right noob.
heavy hitter
rjheald

[ Edited ]

If you got to the part to pay by card then you went too far - the option to enter the voucher code is on the page before the card details.

For a free sim with £5 credit click here
To switch signatures off go to My Community Settings>Preferences and remove the tick from View signatures in posts.
newcomer
ishy96

I am very very very dissapointed with giffgaff. I tried activating my sim with an o2 voucher but when I put the 16 digit code in it said "Sorry, that voucher code has already been used". So a few days later I tried again with a giffgaff voucher. And it said the same thing. So I have just lost £20 and cant even activate my sim. Please help. 

newcomer
ishy96

No it went to the part where you choose what goodybag you want. Its on the right hand side.

newcomer
ishy96

Its ok! I tried again and again and it finally worked! :smileyhappy:
newcomer
giffgaff_kk

When I type in the 16 digit code number from the o2 voucher and then press enter, it says something similar to *the code is invalid* and I have tried it a lot of times! What should I do?
adsb
Topics: 47
Kudos: 244
Best Answers: 25

giffgaff_kk wrote:
When I type in the 16 digit code number from the o2 voucher and then press enter, it says something similar to *the code is invalid* and I have tried it a lot of times! What should I do?

How long have you waited since you bought the voucher ?  O2 vouchers seem to take at least several hours before they're accepted as valid.

I now buy a voucher well before I estimate I need to use it (maybe a week before), and I haven't had any problems since doing that.

newcomer
teo_busu

It happened the same to me. Any help?

ljrose
Kudos: 416

teo_busu wrote:

It happened the same to me. Any help?

What happened to You.

We can only help iof you tell us what is wronng im afraid

Please Mark as Solution the post that Solved your Problem and give Kudo to anyone you think helped you.