Tips & Guides

motivator
ragnorak

Re: How to get an SMS delivery report

dreya wrote:
Hi - quick question - i have the setting on but since i joined giff gaff it makes no difference? does that mean i have to type *0#? thanks

Yes you will need to use *0# to get a delivery report if the setting doesn't work.

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff :robotwink:
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.

Things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
tutor
coloncancer

hg wrote:

I'm struggling here to work out what "these" you are referring to.

Your guesstimated charge seems flawed as well.  SMS cost 4p with giffgaff so why would delivery receipts be charged at 8p, assuming they were charged at all ?

Because Peter says that o2 charge you for two texts if using delivery reports.  2x4p=8p.

I've never used delivery reports with o2 or anyone else, so have no experience of whether that information is true, but someone on giffgaff without a goodybag will no doubt send a text whilst requesting a delivery report and update us all with details of costs, if any.

Click HERE to request a free SIM card with £5 free credit upon activation.
Having Problems? Try the Search Engine as your first port-of-call.
Bowel Cancer UK - Raising Awareness.
hg
head honcho
hg

coloncancer wrote:

hg wrote:

I'm struggling here to work out what "these" you are referring to.

Your guesstimated charge seems flawed as well.  SMS cost 4p with giffgaff so why would delivery receipts be charged at 8p, assuming they were charged at all ?

Because Peter says that o2 charge you for two texts if using delivery reports.  2x4p=8p.

I've never used delivery reports with o2 or anyone else, so have no experience of whether that information is true, but someone on giffgaff without a goodybag will no doubt send a text whilst requesting a delivery report and update us all with details of costs, if any.

Why ?  As has been said, there is no giffgaff charge for delivery reports.

That was made clear in the first post of this thread, way back in January !

Regards

hg

motivator
ibiza

I found if you send a large text and you use *0# it will only show you 1 part of the message having arrived - rather than the full message that it says if you send a single sized text.

So for a single - you get a normal receipt when using the code.

For a six part message you need to look at your reports folder - and it will say "sending 5/6" when its received and sent with the code - but without the code it would just remain at 6/6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- - THOSE NOT POSTING NICELY - WILL BE TAKEN OUT THE BACK AND SHOT!! - -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
beginner
vwbabe

I'm on o2 & GiffGaff both pay as you go and o2 don't charge me for the delivery reports which are set to 'yes' receive delivery reports on my mobile. I have a GiffGaff goody bag so don't know if it is extra to send text & receive delivery report? I have never been charged for this service on any network i've been on!:smileyhappy:

VWbabe
turkeyphant
Kudos: 566
Ideas: 23

When will proper automatic delivery reports be activated. It's pretty annoying having to use this ugly hack.
motivator
ibiza

I am sure there were discussions about it costing to be implemented normally.

I must have sent loads of messages twice when I wanted a receipt - but forgot to add it the first time.

- - THOSE NOT POSTING NICELY - WILL BE TAKEN OUT THE BACK AND SHOT!! - -
apprentice
bubieyehyeh

turkeyphant wrote:
When will proper automatic delivery reports be activated. It's pretty annoying having to use this ugly hack.

If you do a internet search your see that o2 have had this problem for years, but never seem to fix this "feature" of their network. So I don't see it being fixed anytime soon.

turkeyphant
Kudos: 566
Ideas: 23

Does anyone know what's actually stopping O2 fixing this?
newcomer
devjin

I just tried it, doesn't seem to work. I sent a sms to a lebara number, my sms was sent twice to the lebara number, but giffgaff charged me for 1 sms and it said sending failed :smileyfrustrated: