Tips & Guides

nellisere
Topics: 130
Kudos: 798
Ideas: 14
Best Answers: 46

How to use SIM Swap

[ Edited ]

You can only do a SIM swap between 4:30am and 9:30pm.

So Giffgaff have finally enabled SIM swap ( http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/SIM-swap-launches-Nano-SIMs-arrive/ba-p/6884758 ) And for many people this is good news, it means when Agents request that we get a replacement sim, we won't be without service for a couple of days, only a couple of minutes. Or if you need to switch to a Nano sim, you can do so without losing your number or credit/goodybag

*NOTE* You will lose all contacts and texts saved on the sim, so make sure you back them up.

Points to note 

• once started, SIMswap is non-reversible 

Here is how you perform a SIM Swap. 

1) You will need to order a new sim, or use one you have lying around the house. Make sure it isn't activated.

2) Logout of your giffgaff account, and click activate SIM on the homepage.

3) Here is where you will enter the Activation code of the NEW sim you're swapping to.

1.PNG

4) It will then ask you if you're already have a GiffGaff account or not. Obviously, you choose yes.

5) This is where SIM swap starts. It will confirm that you want to swap sims. (You need to double check the serial numbers, just in case.)

2.PNG

5) After choosing yes a few times, your old sim should deactivate, and you will lose signal on your old sim.

4.PNG

6) Put the new SIM into your phone, and it can take up to 10 minutes (maybe a bit longer) for the sim to become active. (Personally I would leave the phone turned off with the new sim in for 10 minutes, then keep turning it on and off until you get signal)

7) You have completed SIM Swap! Enjoy.

Nano SIM's can be ordered from here (http://nanosim.giffgaffapps.com/ ) It is possible that you will recieve a hand-cut sim (you could still receive a factory-cut) as there are still supplies for them, they will still work without a problem but once the hand-cut supplies are depleted, only factory-cut ones will be sent out.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If i have helped you at all, please click on the kudos button, it would make my day :smileyvery-happy:
kbates
Topics: 297
Kudos: 476
Best Answers: 38

Re: How to use SIM Swap

great post :smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
markdyson1
Topics: 37
Kudos: 282
Best Answers: 16

You're a brave person to test it and good luck! Good post btw :smileyhappy:
nellisere

markdyson1 wrote:
You're a brave person to test it and good luck! Good post btw :smileyhappy:

I needed to get a replacement sim anyway because that's what the agents suggested haha. Always happy to take one for the team!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If i have helped you at all, please click on the kudos button, it would make my day :smileyvery-happy:
rudedog

Great post but your link doesnt work so might wanna check that. But good advise!

Reach for the stars if anyone has helped you :smileywink: Also Accept the best Solution :smileyhappy:
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!
markdyson1
Topics: 37
Kudos: 282
Best Answers: 16

@nellisere Good on ya! Hehe :smileyhappy:
nellisere

rudedog wrote:

Great post but your link doesnt work so might wanna check that. But good advise!

Thank you! Have now fixed the link :smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
rookie
mrchrisbrogan

How do you actually order the factory cut nano sims that giffgaff now has though?

nellisere

mrchrisbrogan wrote:

How do you actually order the factory cut nano sims that giffgaff now has though?

You can get them from here ( http://nanosim.giffgaffapps.com/ ) But I'm not sure if they're shippng the factory produced ones or not, so you might have to wait a few days, but they're still nano sims, even if they're not GiffGaff's factory cut ones.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
dan_the_man
Kudos: 369

[ Edited ]

None available yet - but very soon - I would guess a few weeks though, no days.

:smileysad:

Any official update I hear, I will post here!

{updated 20th Dec - ALL nanos sent via nanogaff are punched down hybrids again - due to technical problems the factory nanoSIMs are not being sent out yet. There is no information yet on how soon nanogaff will start to provide factory nanoSIMs.}