Tips & Guides

counsellor
danielclo1il
Mobile Phone: iPhone 4 32GB White

T-Mobile Unlock Codes - FREE

You can get free unlock code from T mobile.

All you need to do it write to them as the following address:
Subpin Team
T-MobileUK
Customer Administration
6 Camberwell Way
Doxford Technology Park
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN

Include your Handset make & model (eg. Nokia 6120 Classic)
Your unique IMEI number (press *#06# on your phone to get this)
Also include a contact telephone number and your name & address (or alternatively, your email address).

Hopefully that should save some of you some searching & more importantly, money!!

Thanks
Dann

mentor
geekonthepc

Re: T-Mobile Unlock Codes - FREE

Nice find - kudos!

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. :smileyhappy:

That little star on the left can make my day :smileyhappy:. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. :smileyhappy:
trainee
sammi

Does this actually still work? I've googled it and can only find some 2 year old posts about it and nothing more recent.

T-Mobile are still quoting £15 for a an unlock code even though I've been with them for over 3 years

visionary
anthonydclark

do you need to have been with them for so long or that the phone has been active for a certain length of time. surly you cant just go and buy a phone from a shop today and send a letter to them asking for it. dont networks block them due to a so called subsidy charge to the network. ie will not unlock for a certain period or top up to get this back. i know virgin mobile use to allow you the code when you have topped up at least 30 on your phone. there are swings and roundabouts getting codes my trick was my phone was on voda only few months old and i pretended i went over to asda mobile as it accept asda sims. said to voda that asda could not unlock my phone as i wanted to go elsewhere and it was ridiculous to port to voda just to get code to portback out. anyway got the code for free after pushing them.
motivator
ragnorak

I'm going to give this a try, I hope it works. :smileyhappy:

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff :robotwink:
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.

Things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
novice
beaker

Failing that, you could try a i-SmartSim 2008 SIM from dealextreme.com. Been working flawlessly in a T-Mobile locked Pulse for months with no issue.

You may need to cut out a small square shape in the top of the sim to get it to fit, but its dead easy to do and there are tutorials on youtube.

Quite a list of supported phones on dealextreme and only $3.25 with free shipping. Not tried it in my Desire yet - think I'll order another and test ;-)

motivator
ragnorak

[ Edited ]

Sent my letter a couple of weeks ago, still waiting...

Edit: (two months later) Still waiting...

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff :robotwink:
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.

Things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
newcomer
uphillphil

As far as I know, T-Mobile insists on charging you £15 to unlock your phone & insists that you have a contract with them for at least 3 months before they'll unlock the phone. I ended up using an ebay seller to unlock my G1 for £6 which worked fine. Ebay seller was "express-codes" and he gave me an unlock code within twenty minutes or so. Can't complain about that, although a free unlock would have been better! (I believe HTC control the databases for unlocking their phones & they charge for access, so it's pretty much impossible to get a free unlock on recent HTC phones.)

aspirant
revomutharock

It's not free but it's the cheapest for T-mobile mobiles made by Huawei http://www.unlock-tmobilepulse.com/

novice
mikehtc

Great!  I wrote to T-Mobile at the suggested address. It took about 10 days, but they wrote me with clear instructions on how to unlock my Siemens SL55 phone, and these worked fine. It was FREE! (i.e. it didn't cost a penny). Maybe it is if the phone is old enough and obviously off contract that they do this, but it sure is nice. So thanks DAN -Mike