Tips & Guides

novice
jcpcleeds

Unlocking / Installing a new Rom for Orange San Francisco 2 & T-Mobile Vivacity

I cant take full credit for this but it has really helped me, and should help you if your wanting to sort your new SF2 or TMVC.

Modaco Forums - Unlocking San Fran 2 & Vivacity

I personally had a few problems as im on win7 64bit. If you have the same issue check modaco area for "fastboot adb" problems or 64bit adb drivers. You can force the drivers to load to get this to work properly, and get clockwork mod.

Get clockwork mode working fully and your good  to go.

The other issue i had was that some roms have been made for the vivacity, and putting these on the SF2 made the keyboard off and was near imposible to type, flashing the correct "kernel" sorted this out, just ensure you flash the correct kernel for your phone, be it the "orange san francisco 2" or "t-mobile vivacity".

Ive tried a few roms for my SF2 and so far have found the Fish and Chips Rom  with Go Launcher EX to be the best combo for performance and looks.

Ive been using GG for a while now and having had the previous Orange San Fran, Unlocked and customized im finding working with the San Fran 2 has been just as easy and support and development is just as good, if not better.

If your searching for this about either phone, have a look at these few pages

PDA Net - ZTE Crescent

Modaco Forums

I'll finish by saying im a new owner of the SF2 after having the original SF, im loving the ZTE brand. Cheep and great Spec's. Ive unlocked both to GG and I couldn't be happier.
Thanks to both ZTE and GiffGaff.

Also big thanks to all on the Modaco Forums. 

Hope this has helped. J. 

ZTE Blade - CM9
ZTE Crescent - CM9
Samsung Galaxy Fit - Razodroid 4
SE Xperia Mini Pro - CM9
All GiffGaff Unlocked & Custom Roms
guide
carolinel

Re: Unlocking / Installing a new Rom for Orange San Francisco 2 & T-Mobile Vivacity

Im sure this will help some people. Thanks for the info
foxymac2020
Topics: 8
Kudos: 330
Best Answers: 70

Re: Unlocking / Installing a new Rom for Orange San Francisco 2 & T-Mobile Vivacity

That will defo help people
sydbrazil1
Topics: 133
Kudos: 496
Best Answers: 161

This will help users
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
beginner
neostar

would also love to see some of those screen protecters that cover the logo for this model too :smileyhappy:

but thanks for this guide it's very useful for new users
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
novice
jcpcleeds

I got some universal ones from orange, just need to mark it and cut it to size.

Hope this does help, if anyone has any problems ill be keeping an eye on this post, so please do ask for help if you need it.

ZTE Blade - CM9
ZTE Crescent - CM9
SE Xperia Mini Pro - CM9
newcomer
kyliemecklenburgh

Just had a read, gunna give it a go.
been looking for this for a while, ill let you know how it goes
ta
kudos :-)
novice
jcpcleeds

one of the wonderful guys @ modaco added this to help with unlocking

http://www.modaco.com/topic/352518-how-to-unlock-the-orange-san-francisco-ii-complete-beginner-noob-...

ZTE Blade - CM9
ZTE Crescent - CM9
SE Xperia Mini Pro - CM9