[ Edited ]

if anybody is having problems with it i will try and help you with it

dalan
Topics: 119
Kudos: 6,102
Best Answers: 4,279

Re: cot phone p9

Well done.
If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click Banner Above For A Free Sim Or Micro Sim With £5 Credit.
1hale
Topics: 690
Kudos: 3,401
Ideas: 27
Best Answers: 251

mastermind
xollobru

rosiegordon
Topics: 89
Kudos: 44
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 5
Best Answers: 2

Re: cubot p9 phone

Is the phone any good?

newcomer
tommullins

For £80 its a good phone just like Samsung look on eBay you get all the info about it if you buy one check there is a spare battery with it
newcomer
steveo287

I installed the Vodafone Mobile Device Management app from Google Play. After encrypting the phone, the phone rebooted and an image of an android appeared and nothing else happened. Even if I remove the battery or restart it in safe mode and enter the passcode, the same image of the android appears. The phone no longer functions, I cannot access any apps, make calls etc. Any ideas on how I can fix it?
yahiroz
Topics: 5
Kudos: 587
Best Answers: 238

steveo287 wrote:
I installed the Vodafone Mobile Device Management app from Google Play. After encrypting the phone, the phone rebooted and an image of an android appeared and nothing else happened. Even if I remove the battery or restart it in safe mode and enter the passcode, the same image of the android appears. The phone no longer functions, I cannot access any apps, make calls etc. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

From the sounds of things it encrypted everything on the phone including the main Android software, so the phone is unable to boot into it, hence why you're seeing the Android mascot (which is recovery mode). It looks like Cubot didn't properly optimise the software for the phone.

You may need to reflash the software, but this will remove everything on the phone as there's no way to get the encrypted data back.

I have found this site on how to flash software on the P9, but it seems to be a bit of a mess, and you will need to be knowledgeable on rooting Android: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2612234

HTC One M7 - Sense 6.0, Android 4.4.3
Google Nexus 10 - Android 4.4.4
newcomer
anarikunenko

Hi, I am unable to revieve calls or SMS messages on my phone. I am able to call people and send them messages but it takes awhile for it to connect.. Hope you can help please! 

newcomer
iainid

i have a cubot p9 unable to set up , tried giffgaff apn app to no avail any advice appreciated