Tips & Guides

khairul
Kudos: 2,914
Best Answers: 150

Re: giffgaffer's guide to Windows Mobile 6.1 (draft)

@biff

What browser do you use?
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
newcomer
biffrangers

google on opera,when using wifi its bt yahoo.

khairul

[ Edited ]

Further updates to the Free access to giffgaff.com section:

• Added NetFront to the list of direct (i.e. non-proxy) browsers as the developer has updated to v4.1, extending the life of their app to the end of March 2011.
  • Added multi-platform browser UC Browser and Java-based browsers Bolt and TeaShark to the list of proxy browsers.
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
newcomer
martibnco

The above is great but (and I am truly sorry about the but . . .) I have a new phone, a Samsung GT-B7300 Omnia Lite. Firstly I have gone inside out of these instructions as they are the closest I have to anything pertaining to the phone on Giffgaff. I am now thinking in desperation becauyse no matter whgat I did as far as the instructions I got for my previous phone (Blackberry Storm)nothing worked.

I am now thinking that giffgaff is not for me but is for these guys who can diddle a few settings and hey, presto! the **bleep** thing works. I admit to getting a bit snippy because the settings should be there on Giffgaff for EVERY phone surely, without having to endure endless iterations for connections.

Please tell me I'm not alone?!

Kind Regards
newcomer
shosoloza

hi   khairul - great guide, thank you.

Quick question for the free giffgaff.com section - will giffgaff.com still be free if running a supported browser within a VPN connection?

Cheers

khairul

Re: giffgaffer's guide to Windows Mobile 6.1 (updated)

I'm not sure, sorry - it'd be better if you start a new topic in the Help section asking the same question.
professor
sheddi

A note to say these instructions are great, and with a bit of extrapolation also work for WinMo 5.1.

Thanks!

Giffgaff's company motto: Communication is our business, not our strong point.

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
To order a SIM from me (go on, you know you want to), click here: Get a free Giffgaff Sim
khairul

@sheddi

Thanks for your compliments :smileyhappy:

It will be a good idea if you could copy these settings and change them according to Windows Mobile 5.1, and then post them here on the forums. Then maybe Vincent can sticky your new thread and I'll post a link to it?
newcomer
terryd

Thanks for the guide.

However, my HTC Touch Pro (ex O2) hits a problem after clicking PHONE, ADVANCED.

You show:

24) Click on the Advanced tab near the bottom of the screen (you may need to scroll by tapping/pressing on the 'right' arrowhead on the right-hand side of the tabs).

25) Make sure Disable phone packet data service is unchecked.

26) Tap on HSPA Setting.

27) Choose 'Enable HSDPA / HSUPA' in the drop-down menu.

28) Tap 'ok' either in the bottom-left or top-right corner of the screen.

29) Tap 'ok' in the top-right corner of the screen.

30) Tap the 'X' button (where the 'ok' button was) once.

Your internet should now be set.

When I get to point 24 I can see four options:

• Reject call with text message
  • Add new phone number
  • Vibrate device
  • When a call is connecting

Can you advise where I am going wrong please?

Regards - Terry

khairul

From that point onwards, HTC devices have different instructions. I will help you with that now, just give me a few minutes ...