01-01-2011 21:18 - edited 01-01-2011 21:27
Further updates to the Free access to giffgaff.com section:
- Added NetFront to the list of direct (i.e. non-proxy) browsers as the developer has updated to v4.1, extending the life of their app to the end of March 2011.
- Added multi-platform browser UC Browser and Java-based browsers Bolt and TeaShark to the list of proxy browsers.
on 02-01-2011 21:02
I am now thinking that giffgaff is not for me but is for these guys who can diddle a few settings and hey, presto! the **bleep** thing works. I admit to getting a bit snippy because the settings should be there on Giffgaff for EVERY phone surely, without having to endure endless iterations for connections.
Please tell me I'm not alone?!
on 22-02-2011 17:46
on 25-03-2011 13:03
A note to say these instructions are great, and with a bit of extrapolation also work for WinMo 5.1.
on 25-03-2011 15:55
on 04-06-2011 11:20
Thanks for the guide.
However, my HTC Touch Pro (ex O2) hits a problem after clicking PHONE, ADVANCED.
24) Click on the Advanced tab near the bottom of the screen (you may need to scroll by tapping/pressing on the 'right' arrowhead on the right-hand side of the tabs).
25) Make sure Disable phone packet data service is unchecked.
26) Tap on HSPA Setting.
27) Choose 'Enable HSDPA / HSUPA' in the drop-down menu.
28) Tap 'ok' either in the bottom-left or top-right corner of the screen.
29) Tap 'ok' in the top-right corner of the screen.
30) Tap the 'X' button (where the 'ok' button was) once.
Your internet should now be set.
When I get to point 24 I can see four options:
- Reject call with text message
- Add new phone number
- Vibrate device
- When a call is connecting
Can you advise where I am going wrong please?
Regards - Terry