How do I top-up? What are my top-up payment options?
You can top-up your credit using either your debit / credit card online or by buying a top-up voucher. If you're on your mobile, you can head to giffgaff.com/mobile for a mobile friendly top-up experience.
How to top-up with a debit / credit card
It's very easy to top-up your account using a debit / credit card. Just log in and follow these instructions:
- Click "Top-up' at the top of the website
- Select the goodybag / gigabag or airtime value you want to credit to top-up
- Review your basket and click on "Continue"
- If you have selected a goodybag, you are proposed to renew it automatically. If you have selected a credit value, you are proposed to auto top-up (see below for more information)
- Fill in your card details and address. if your details are stored, you just need to enter the CVV of your card.
- Click on "Confim order'. You are all done.
These credit / debit cards are accepted: Visa credit / debit (including Electron), MasterCard credit / debit (including Maestro and Switch).
We don't accept American Express or Diners Club - if you have one of these cards, you'll need to purchase a top-up voucher - see details below
How to redeem a voucher
Giffgaff vouchers can be bought in most shops providing epay, payzone or paypoint services. Don't know where to find one of these shops near you? check this article for more details. You can also find them in Post Offices.
The voucher can be redeemed from your giffgaff mobile, or online.
- From your mobile: Call 43430 for free with your giffgaff phone and follow the voice prompts along the way.
- Online: Log in and head to Top-up. Scroll down until you find "Top-up features" on the right hand side.
Click on use it online to load the top-up by voucher page. Enter your voucher's 16 digit code in the field and click on "Redeem". When you redeem your voucher its value is credited to your balance. You can then use this credit to buy a goodybag.
Please note that top-up vouchers can take up to 24 hours to be applied to your account balance (though usually much sooner).
Auto top-up means when your account drops below £3 it'll automatically top up by the amount you've selected (via credit / debit card), up to a maximum per month that you've specified.
If you've already stored your credit card details - just tick the box and select the amount you'd like to be topped up by each time your balance drops below £3. Auto top-up is not currently available on MasterCard debit (Maestro or Switch) or Solo cards.
We'd love to hear what you think of this article. Really. We mean it.
Whether you found it tip top or not