Welcome & Join

claw
Best Answers: 72

Are you nearing the end of your mobile phone contract? Then read this . . .

Most of us have been there.

Remember 12, 18, 24 months ago?

Remember that shiny new phone you got with that contract?

How much are you currently paying per month?

As you are essentially paying for your phone through your monthly payments, you will more often than not find that once your contract is up, you will find the same service (calls, texts and data), or perhaps even a better allowance, for a lower price!

If you are currently considering giffgaff, then you'll probably know, it runs on the o2 network. This means that if you currently have a phone locked to o2, you can use a giffgaff SIM in it. If its unlocked you can also use a giffgaff SIM in it.

If your out of contract, and happy with your phone, forget rigid contracts, and sure, consider 30 day contracts, but I would suggest that while they require notice if you want to cancel, giffgaff offers true flexibility. Want to buy a goodybag this month? You can. Want to top up credit instead the next month? You can. Want to skip topping up or buying a goodybag one month? You can, and remember free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts last for 3 months, so even if you have no credit, and no active goodybag, as long as you have topped up or bought a goodybag in the last 3 months, you can keep in touch with your friends and family on giffgaff!

Remember, once your contract period has passed, its your phone.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
tom144000
Kudos: 611
Best Answers: 119

Re: Are you nearing the end of your mobile phone contract? Then read this . . .

Nice one. Hopefully it will make someone see the sense of it. Most of us can verify that we are very happy customers And though we have the freedom to leave, we choose to stay because they really great!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
rochessel
Kudos: 1,674

Fab post claw! Thank you! :smileywink:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

jellius
Topics: 43
Kudos: 211
Best Answers: 95

Being doing it for years now got a decent HTC and paying £12 a month unlimited internet instead of £20 for 250mb where my bill was always around £40 by going over data plan, orange thriving money grabbers
Get a free giffgaff Sim
claw
Best Answers: 72

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the supportive replies! :smileyhappy:

I must say, I'm not against contracts - I've had a few phones through them that I would otherwise have been unable to afford. But expensive monthly payments are definitely not something you want to keep paying after the contract period is over.

Also, for anyone nearing the end of your contract, remember to account for the notice period! :smileyhappy:

Get a free giffgaff Sim
thesaint
Topics: 189

Good stuff :smileyhappy:
Best thing i ever did was soon as my contact was up i joined giffgaff :smileyhappy:

Les :smileyhappy:
jules9
Topics: 161
Kudos: 559
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Best Answers: 13

Nice, helpful post :smileyhappy:)
If I've been of help please click the STAR on the left

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If I've been of help please click the STAR on the left
if your query is resolved please click "Accept as solution" on the right