Welcome & Join

matt1111
Topics: 154
Kudos: 1,219
Best Answers: 157
Best Answer

Customer Service Number

Hi All

Just thought I would make it a bit clear to new members and potential members that there is no customer service number to giffgaff.

Why is this? - The reason is because if they did then we wouldn't have the deals we hav right now. They would literally (and I do mean literally) sky rocket. Obviously because you would have to pay for a phone line, which isn't cheap and you would have to hire someone to man the phone all day long. This can be quite costly. 

So what is giffgaff's customer service then? - You're looking right at it! As members we provide customer service to everyone regarding any issue that they be having. The only thing that We as members cannot do is look at account related issues.

Speaking of which, any account related issues this is only dealt by the agents. The agents are a friendly bunch of people that giffgaff have to do account related isses. So if you have issues topping up, internet issues, text or call issues, then they are you're point of call.

How can I contact the agents? - Very simple. All you do is clear here <----- and you will be directed to a form. 

However if you are reverted back to your giffgaff page, do not worry. This just means that you're agent link is broken. Make sure that when you do contact the agents you be very clear on what the issue is. This way the more information you provider the easier it is for them to fix the issue and get the right fix first time and respond to you.

My agent link is broken, how do I fix this? - Again very easy. All you do is PM one of the lovely educators and they will fix the link for you. Link to the educators -----> http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=educator

How long do I wait for a response from the agents? - Now usually this is 24 hours at the most, however agents usually reply in about 4 hours, or as little as a couple of minutes in some cases. 

Hope this clears some things up!

matt1111 over and out!

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93
musaddin
Topics: 25
Kudos: 15
Best Answers: 7

Re: Customer Service Number

They don't have a customer service. You can only contact and agent through the site
matt1111
Topics: 154
Kudos: 1,219
Best Answers: 157

musaddin wrote:
They don't have a customer service. You can only contact and agent through the site

I know that. If you read the post properly, it is how to use the customer service that giffgaff provide. 

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93
novice
gas442

I agree with musaddin there is no customer service on this network when something goes wrong with your account!

Believe me it's absolutely useless contacting agents, educators or even making an official complaint!

Its easier to contact god to try and find out what is actually going on than any of these useless bunch!

GAFF GAFF = God Awful Fone Fraudsters! :smileywink:
dabbler
stevemind88

I'd prefer doing things this way,Never again would I ring up an automated line were other 10000 options only to get a non English person.
maverick78
Kudos: 419
Best Answers: 35

[ Edited ]

matt1111 wrote:

How long do I wait for a response from the agents? - Now usually this is 24 hours at the most, however agents usually reply in about 4 hours, or as little as a couple of minutes in some cases. 

Hope this clears some things up!

matt1111 over and out!

I think you have GROSSLY under reported the agent response time..... 24hrs at the most? I have NEVER had a response within 48hours and on several occasions waited a number of days running into the best part of a week. On one occasion I waited 1 WHOLE MONTH and that was with constant reminders that I sent AND with educators chasing the agents!

I've no idea how you can claim that they usually reply within 4 hours or as little as a couple of minutes. If there were any truth in these claims then at least one of my messages would have been answered within 24hrs and even that has NEVER happened. Neither has it EVER happened to anyone I know that are on GG.

Now I can't say that agents never reply within their own specified periods i.e. within 24hrs - because I simply can't prove that and I'm not one to talk out of my ass, but if that were the norm then one would more often than not get a response within 24hrs..... whilst in all instances that I know of the minimum wait is normally in excess of 48hrs. So whilst agents may respond quickly in some cases, this is most definitely NOT the norm! 

BTW, you may think you are helping GG by making these claims but in actual fact you're merely feeding the expectations of potential customers, and when they find that there is no truth to your claims, they will be even more angry!

If someone has helped or u think they've said something worthy of note, give them KUDOS. Also, remember to close ur thread if u've resolved ur issues by accepting a specific post as a SOLUTION.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
tja
Kudos: 107

[ Edited ]

@maverick, you have obviously missed the new daily updates on the 'service' board... these are publishing daily agent response times...http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates-Notice-board/27-June-Daily-report-Performance-open-...

Last time I asked a question (2 weeks ago) it was resolved in under 18 hours (in fact more like 8 working hours)...

EDIT: of course your experience is equally valid, i'm not arguing that :smileyhappy:

did i help you? that is a surprise
maverick78
Kudos: 419
Best Answers: 35

tja wrote:

@maverick, you have obviously missed the new daily updates on the 'service' board... these are publishing daily agent response times...http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates-Notice-board/27-June-Daily-report-Performance-open-...

Last time I asked a question (2 weeks ago) it was resolved in under 18 hours (in fact more like 8 working hours)...

EDIT: of course your experience is equally valid, i'm not arguing that :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the link tja, I will admit that I DO NOT read everything that is posted in the forum, who has the time to do that!?

But I did read the info in the link and have to say that the fact that GG present themselves so favorably when the forums are riddled with daily examples of complaints about GG not replying for extended periods of time just proves that their stats are meaningless.....

For example, amongst the details given by GG they claim that they have responded to 100% of messages within 24hrs, well I've yet to experience that and I know of half a dozen others that have never experienced this and the fact that this is not reflected means that we can have no faith in what they say..... they even claim that their max response time is just under 24hrs when in my own personal experience I know this is not the case. 

They also claim that their port out requests are processed within 2hrs - I assume this refers to PAC requests..... I requested a PAC code not long ago and it was not delivered until the next day. A family member also requested one and it took over 2 weeks to get it and that was after numerous messages to agents as the automated service did not provide it. 

When companies provide such flawless data regarding their own performance, especially companies that are known to underperform, it's just a blatent lie..... It's like train companies claiming they never have late or cancelled trains, we all know they do so why would you say that your trains are 100% on time, no one with an intelligence would believe them..... at least be smart enough to say 98% of them are on time, that would be hard enough to believe but as least they are not claiming to be perfect!

If someone has helped or u think they've said something worthy of note, give them KUDOS. Also, remember to close ur thread if u've resolved ur issues by accepting a specific post as a SOLUTION.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
tja
Kudos: 107

[ Edited ]

as I say, i'm not arguing with your experience (or yr mates)...

I'm also sceptical of the figures myself, we all know about lies, d4mn lies & statistics... I've never seen it made clear what 24 hours refers to, is it 6pm til 6pm next day? or is 24 agent working hours (which could mean up to 44 hours depending when a question is submitted).

Just felt the need to share the fact they are giving these updates:smileywink:

peace & love dude

did i help you? that is a surprise
augur
rong42

people might want to read Alex's post here, where he confirmed that:

"the 24 hour response time statistic refers to time elapsed since the case was lodged by the member. I can also confirm that the first response statistic refers to the first response from an actual agent - automated responses are excluded. Important here is to note that this statistic is about first response, *not* about resolution: while we always endeavour to provide resolution with the first response, that isn't always possible. The 100% figure being quoted here is in no way meant to indicate that 100% of cases were resolved - it is a confirmation that 100% of cases raised were responded to by an Agent within 24 hours."