Welcome & Join

beginner
danharlow

Decent alternatives to GiffGaff!

Hey,

I'm fed up with all the recent issues at giffgaff, they never end. I've got my PAC and i'm leaving. So much for giffgaff keeping prices down due to the fact they have no call centres, shops etc. The fact is there are other proper networks that are now cheaper than GiffGaff.

Why use a network that pays people to post such dribble on the forums instead of having real support? Or makes you wait 24 hours and more for top ups and basic services to kick in. It's not right.

Get your act together GiffGaff. This network is run like crap and so i'm posting suitable alternatives.

Such as Virgin: http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

All of them are 30 day sim only deals and very good value. £12 gets you 1,200 mins, unlimited texts, 1GB data and blackberry services (if you choose it). Alternatively get 150 mins but with unlimited data, plus you can tether.

For £17 get 1,200 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data (with tethering) and blackberry services.

They're the best value IMO at the moment but have a look here for MANY other great deals - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/several-cheap-cheerful-sim-only-deals-giving-mins-txts-data-various-...

Thanks,

Dan

associate
appledroid

Re: Decent alternatives to GiffGaff!

Virgin use tmobile, tmobile for Internet is absolutely useless

I have a contract with tmobile but don't use the Internet much as its soooo bloody slow
beginner
danharlow

[ Edited ]

appledroid wrote:
Virgin use tmobile, tmobile for Internet is absolutely useless

I have a contract with tmobile but don't use the Internet much as its soooo bloody slow

That could well be your area. People say the same about o2/giffgaff and others say the opposite. T-Mobile is also shared with Orange, both of which are very good networks. I've have no problem with internet on them myself, same with o2.

Not to mention EE (orange and t-mobile) are launching 4G at the end of the month, Virgin are looking at getting this too since they run on their network :smileyhappy:

tutor
deanie73

I have'nt ever had any problems with giffgaff but can see in the help section that there are problems within giffgaff's service.

And with my payback it makes my cost of calls £0.00.

No other network would ever be cheaper for me.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
brulaw

@ Dan  , sorry you feel you have to leave , as has been said before all networks have their " glitches " ,

Personally I still find giffgaff to be the best overall deal . 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
beginner
danharlow

[ Edited ]

brulaw wrote:

@ Dan  , sorry you feel you have to leave , as has been said before all networks have their " glitches " ,

Personally I still find giffgaff to be the best overall deal . 

Yeah fair enough all networks have their glitches but at least with any other network you can call up and get it sorted, any time of day. No need to wait 24 hours for a generic response from some clown (agent).

GiffGaff should have callcentres, instead of paying members to post the same stuff again and again. Most of them don't even read the posts.

Plus no other network has issues like this. When was the last time a different network had delayed topups, sim activations and problems buying service for over 24 hours? and with giffgaff this happens every month if not week.

It's really not the best overall deal if you actually look around :smileyhappy:

associate
appledroid

I find since orange and tmobile went EE the network has got worse, no hope for the 4G haha
beginner
danharlow

[ Edited ]

appledroid wrote:
I find since orange and tmobile went EE the network has got worse, no hope for the 4G haha

Well a reliable service even if slow (not for me) is better than none as is the case for many with giffgaff :smileyhappy:

associate
appledroid

The problem with Giffgaff is they don't update their systems

They've been like this since day one
kenp
Topics: 6
Kudos: 59
Best Answers: 6

It's a shame giffgaff seem to have so many issues with payments and activation, they seem to lose a lot of customers through this and really should have it sorted by now.

Get a free giffgaff Sim