Welcome & Join

coach
alyamani

GiffGaff Abroad, simply great !

Just returned from Italy, I was so reluctant to take my GG SIM in fear of poor network related mishaps. Now that I have experienced the best network coverage even in the most remote areas, I can encourage everyone to enjoy their trip with no networks fears.

As soon as the aircraft landed at Milan Bergamo Airport, I was picked up by an Italian local network called I-WIND, reception strength 'maximum' and continued as such until the third day when I visited Venice then a day later visited Pisa where I was picked up by another local network called 'TIM' which was just as good.

Because GoodyBag become inactive outside the UK, the rates are standard and similar to all other networks; 35p calling, 10p receiving a call and 10p for messaging. Roaming for those who need to get connected is £1.50/1mb which is acceptable if you are only planning to check your e-mails and quick browsing.

Furthermore, I was also able to contact GiffGaff free of charge to check my ballance and do top-ups.

All-in-All, I am impressed and more than happy. Well done GiffGaff.

maestro
dave005

Re: GiffGaff Abroad, simply great !

Brilliant advise aswel

Cheers
Want A Free Standard Sim Or A Microsim (click below)

maestro
dave005

*Advice :smileyhappy:
Want A Free Standard Sim Or A Microsim (click below)

bertiebat

That's great to hear and hope you had a great time.  Just a minor correction as your prices aren't quite correct so I've copied the correct pricing below. :smileyhappy:

Roaming in the EU and other selected countries

If you call from any EU country, Andorra, Croatia, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Iceland, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, San Marino, Serbia, Switzerland, Vatican City.

Making calls and calling your voicemail (charged in per second increments after the first 30 seconds)35p per minute
Receiving calls (charged in per second increments)11p per minute
Sending texts10p per text
Receiving textsFree
Picture messages (MMS) to a UK mobile16p per MMS
Picture messages (MMS) to any other mobile24p per MMS
Data Roaming*£1.50 per MB

*Roaming data charges can build up quickly. If you are concerned about this we recommend setting your handset not to use data whilst abroad. More on roaming settings

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
rlproper
Topics: 29
Kudos: 473
Best Answers: 53

Calling giffgaff to do a top up from abroad is not really an option unless you took a voucher away with you (why would anyone go that?) So I don't think it is a true account of what you did.
I try to give good info but remember I am just another customer.
coach
alyamani

Thanks 'bertiebat' for the correction, maybe because I did not use picture messaging I did not include its rate. Your corrections are great and make the whole picture clearer.

Cheers !

coach
alyamani

'riproper', Thanks for taking part, I have no reason to make anything up. The facts are that I did call our local shop and bought a voucher. You are spot on to an extent; I had a voucher in a way or another.

Cheers !

rlproper
Topics: 29
Kudos: 473
Best Answers: 53

I just thought it would lead people to assume that they could top up with a credit card over the phone. Thanks for clarifying that.
I try to give good info but remember I am just another customer.
marvel
andy0

rlproper wrote:
I just thought it would lead people to assume that they could top up with a credit card over the phone. Thanks for clarifying that.

But they can

Use the website. The Opera Mini browser with images switched off will use probably about 10 pence or less worth of data for the whole transaction.

bertiebat

andy0 wrote:

rlproper wrote:

But they can

Use the website. The Opera Mini browser with images switched off will use probably about 10 pence or less worth of data for the whole transaction.

Will there be a problem with the fact that the card is being used abroad as it checks the IP address and it has to be in the UK  

Saying that I wonder what this is when on the phone rather than a PC?   

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim