Welcome & Join

academic
thinkpad

Re: GiffGaff vs Tesco Mobile

Tescos is suited to people who want less account management / community involvement.
motivator
ragnorak

thinkpad wrote:
Tescos is suited to people who want less account management / community involvement.

And those who don't mind paying 20p per min if their minutes run out or a lot more if they use over 500MB. :smileyhappy:

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff :robotwink:
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.

Things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
trainee
theskybeblue

tesco is good if you make a lot of phone calls but do nothing else, triple credit means calls only cost 6.66p per min if you use all the free credit they give you, texts are about average, most networkks do them very cheap or free. internet on tesco is absolutely appaling, i bought a new android phone and it used £10 credit in 5 mins just because an application updated in the background, i then tried buying a bolt-on which took nearly a week to activate, by then my phone had again eaten all my credit.

giffgaff wins hands down over all, my goody bags were active within 15 mins, internet took was active next day but would have been sooner due to my phone not being compatible with automatic settings, texts are costing me less because they are mostly free and calls are costing less. giffgaffs main advantage is their automated systems deal with things in minutes not days

If I miss-spell things please tell me! I have a tendency to not look at the keyboard or the screen when typing. So you might notice I nearly always edit my post within a few minutes of creating them, :-)

I worked as a computer technitian(repairing PCs an laptops etc.) for about 7 years so I'm a good person to ask computer related questions!
kenya
Topics: 21
Kudos: 148
Best Answers: 25

Tbh the texts and internet are probably not actually unlimited. Also giffgaff offers payabck and easy to us communities.

Communites - Here you can find an answer to a question usually within miniutes, and you can discuss whatever you like.

Payback - You can earn money, the money can be used for charity, to go into you bank account or to be spent on air time credit. Im pretty sure other networks don't offer this

hope i helped if i did kudos me and accept my answer as the solution, thanks :smileyhappy:
beginner
mellyham1

The texts on Tesco are not unlimited but youd have to text alot to go over! the unlimited internet is actually 500mb a month - not unlimited at all. 0800 numbers are not free and it is not free to call or text other tesco mobiles! I know as I ordered a tesco and a giffgaff sim and after trawling the small print, giffgaff fares better, but it does depend on the individual needs I guess.

mel
contributor
3243kyle

first of all tesco mobile- unlimited texts= 3000 (i use 12000) unlimited internet = 500MB 600 mins = work by minute not second for example on giffgaff if the person your calling dont awnser and it goes to voicemail if you have a goodybags it uses seconds on tesco it takes a whole minute away also the same for any legnth of call like 1min 1 sec would be taken as 1min and 1 sec on giffgaff and giffgaff do unlimited calls anxs texts to each other,, and also just the name tesco mobile,, i mean embarrasing much! welcome tesco mobile messaging servcice! LOL
bill
Topics: 34
Kudos: 284
Best Answers: 15

To me, Tesco Mobile seems very much a "smoke and mirrors" service with things like the "Triple your credit" offer (why not just have cheaper prices?) and "Ping me a pound" which just seems to encourage poor budgeting.

Wouldn't touch them with a bathroom.
**Did this message help you? Please give it Kudos! Click the orange "Star with a plus" button over on the right. Thanks!
bill
Topics: 34
Kudos: 284
Best Answers: 15

Oops, bargepole, not bathroom. Silly iPhone spellchecker.
**Did this message help you? Please give it Kudos! Click the orange "Star with a plus" button over on the right. Thanks!
helper
onlyfoolsandhorses

I think the comparison here is with the Sim Only on Tesco so the triple credit is irrelevant. For majority of people that are medium users, the 500 minutes for £10 will be unbeatable. Not everyone is looking for truly unlimited like you and me! :-)

Want a SIM with £5 FREE credit when you activate CLICK HERE!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim