Welcome & Join

newcomer
bulldog187
Best Answer

Hotspot on iphone 4

Bit dissapointed about not having the hotspot on iphone 4 just because of the carrier i choose. I suppose having a cheaper monthy plan than some of the big names does have its disadvantages. Maybe giffgaff should look into trying to get this changed?
mba_263
Topics: 70
Kudos: 443
Best Answers: 79

Re: Hotspot on iphone 4

i do like having a hotspot it can be useful :smileyhappy:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you want your free Sim simply follow the below link, and gain yourself free £5 credit !!: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/mba_263
scholar
bigjohnhall

you need to get on to apple about this. its up to them. giffgaff has tried and are still trying
mickf

It's not like gg kept it secret.  As a poster above says lobby Apple about it.  If gg start selling iphones things may change.  As far as i know though the phones for sale lineup has yet to be announced.

ip633

[ Edited ]

bulldog187 wrote:
Bit dissapointed about not having the hotspot on iphone 4 just because of the carrier i choose. I suppose having a cheaper monthy plan than some of the big names does have its disadvantages. Maybe giffgaff should look into trying to get this changed?

Hi,

They are trying very hard to resolve this particular issue, and as you've correctly alluded to, the problem is entirely down to Apple's reluctance to recognise giffgaff as being an official carrier. They are I believe in negotiations with Apple, in an effort to get the official carrier file, which would enable features such as "visual voicemail" or "personal hotspot". The situation will hopefully improve once they start selling handsets, and the fact that the iPhone 4 and 4S is to be included in their line up, should give them an even stronger case.

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed  :smileywink:

ip633

mickf wrote:

It's not like gg kept it secret.  As a poster above says lobby Apple about it.  If gg start selling iphones things may change.  As far as i know though the phones for sale lineup has yet to be announced.

Hi Mick,

The actual line up was announced here:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/The-first-22-giffgaff-phone-range/ba-p/10417127

david26th
Topics: 22
Kudos: 179
Best Answers: 25

bulldog187 wrote:

It's something they're looking into, Apple aren't the easiest of business partners and it takes time.

Sadly, it is a disadvantage, but it's perhaps the only one for iPhone users :smileyhappy:

endorphin
Kudos: 7,464
Best Answers: 5,744

With the fact that giffgaff will be selling iPhones and the popular support for this idea http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Direct-Relationship-with-Apple-resultin...

I think that we will get a resolution sooner rather than later! :smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
dave99
Topics: 11
Kudos: 533
Best Answers: 23

I suspect O2 are equally involved as Apple, when you try and use the hotspot it diverts to an O2 page, it should be relatively simple for O2 to add a giffgaff hotspot sign up page rather than the O2 one.

Perhaps O2 are keeping it restricted because in every other way Giffgaff beats O2 hands down.
I'm not the Boss
adept
usmahn123

Try adding setting again