Welcome & Join

om2
pathfinder
om2

How long does it take to activate my SIM?

I need to activate my SIM and start transfer of my existing number on the 27th (that's a Sunday... so I'll have to do 28th)

WHEN should I activate the SIM?

Is it instantaneous?

Can I then imemdiately start the transfer of my existing number?

Thanks

Omar

johnnylager
Topics: 49
Kudos: 1,163
Best Answers: 295

Re: How long does it take to activate my SIM?

activation can take up to 24 hours.

When you transfer your number you have to give at least 2 days notice, not including weekends. so if you want to port on the monday you should put in the request any time before the preceding wednesday and specify the 28th

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
mary_r_t

Your sim should take less than 30 mins to activate although it can take up to 24hours in extreme cases.

The activation back end is offline between 10pm and around 6am so you could do it now and wait for it to go online in the morning.

You can submit your PAC to giffgaff for your port as soon as your sim is active (with what will be a temporary phone number) but it will take giffgaff 2 working days to procecss your port. Once you submit your PAC giffgaff will send you a confirmation email with your port date.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you are visiting the UK and want a sim sent to an international address, click here
Urban Myths - The truth is out there!
aphex

I would activate now and port at the beginning of next week.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
rookie
nathan6

Yeah I agree best to activate now and port next week :smileyhappy:

graduate
carlos292

It can take up to 24 hours for a sim to fully activate , usually it only takes a few hours but there has been a few issues in the past , I suggest give it 24 hours and if not happening get in touch with an agent to see if they can get it sorted asap , hope this helps
heavy hitter
jslaterb

Mine took about 8 hours to activate.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
khairul
Kudos: 2,915
Best Answers: 150

And you get to choose when you want giffgaff to port your number in, as long as you give two days' notice.
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available