Welcome & Join

rochessel
Kudos: 1,693

Re: O2 careers.

[ Edited ]
Wonderful so now it's out in the open that O2 own giffgaff. And bit geek as I mention my now mobile example was just a poor example as mentioned previously! As i have always been told o2 doesnt own gg and they are meant to be totally seperate! So now when the staff say O2 has nothing to with gg I shall shout rubbish!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

khairul
Kudos: 2,907
Best Answers: 150

@bitgeek

Telefonica Europe *is* O2 (as opposed to O2's parent "Telefonica SA")!
The point we are trying to make is that giffgaff is part of the overall Telefonica family *via* O2, not directly.

From Wikipedia article "Telefónica Europe":
"In September 2009, a new MVNO called Giffgaff was launched. The operator is wholly owned by O2."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telefónica_Europe

That's why giffgaff jobs are advertised on the O2 Careers website.
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
phenomenon
stephenmiller

khairul wrote:
@bitgeek

Telefonica Europe *is* O2 (as opposed to O2's parent "Telefonica SA")!
The point we are trying to make is that giffgaff is part of the overall Telefonica family *via* O2, not directly.

From Wikipedia article "Telefónica Europe":
"In September 2009, a new MVNO called Giffgaff was launched. The operator is wholly owned by O2."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telefónica_Europe

That's why giffgaff jobs are advertised on the O2 Careers website.

Which makes sense seeing as O2 UK are the UK branch of Telefonica globally, who's Gav Thompson more likely to go to to propose giffgaff, the global head office or the UK head office

smacha
Topics: 4
Kudos: 18
Best Answers: 1

I don't know if giffgaff aren't largely independent, they probably have some sort of mandate giving them a good degree of autonomy. After all, O2/Telefonica/whatever obviously want to see if the business experiment works, but they probably have a lot more involvement in giffgaff than any of them are willing to let on. Does anyone know if they have to show O2/Telefonica/whatever financial reports etc.?

Sorry, for sounding so cynical! :smileysad:

rochessel
Kudos: 1,693

Thats funny Someone said the same thing to earlier that they bet O2 has a lot more involvement then they want us to know about!

Sorry I don't know about financial reports but I am sure someone else will :smileywink:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

bitgeek
Kudos: 1,882
Best Answers: 512

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/9cb4b2f11a250ea383b59d073aa50dd3/compdetails

giffgaff-wck2-name-changes.png

Another thing a little interesting, the giffgaff company number used to be used by O2 for other purposes.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

smacha

Bitgeek is on fire.

apprentice
joejackson

Hey this has turned out to be one of most intresting threads I have read to date,pity there wasent more.

Oh apart from the thread about a cat playing a piano laughing.

khairul
Kudos: 2,907
Best Answers: 150

We've had a thread like this before; you guys will find it interesting:
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Definitive-Who-owns-Giffgaff-from-Companies...
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
smacha

Thanks khairul! I'd seen that thread before and the reason for starting this wasn't so much about finding out who owns giffgaff, rather that I hadn't realised just how closely the two were linked. (Not legally, but practically.)