Welcome & Join

student
valley_rita

Re: Some pitfalls to avoid:)

[ Edited ]

Fantastic OP - I was thinking of doing something similar myself but you beat me to it!

Only thing I would add - for anyone considering joining GiffGaff - register on the forum a few days/weeks before.  Do your research first so you know what to expect and, most importantly, visit the Help section.

So many needless cry-for-help posts could be avoided by a simple check under the Help section.  The same problem posts come up time-and-time-again, but the answers are all there if you take the time and effort to look!

ajh94
Topics: 105
Kudos: 240
Best Answers: 40

thanks mate, really helpful guide! :smileyhappy:

Give Kudos if my post was useful & Click Accept As Solution to let us know your query is solved!

Order a free SIM with £5 free credit here!Order a free iPhone 4 MicroSIM with £5 free credit here!

Smartphone Guides: iPhone - Android - Blackberry   Useful Links: Payback Bands - Educators

adept
fboolf

Great post thanks.  You could have added that Blackberry Internet Services (BBM, Push email) are not yet supported on GiffGaff.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
tutor
hc_1540

The point about choosing your goodybag is a god one. I've done it myself, it is very easy to pick the wrong one...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Kudos: 5,251
Best Answers: 584

Edited to add brief sections on Blackberry and internet settings

bertiebat

Great guide Phil :smileyhappy:

I know it's sounds obvious, but can you add that they should check the SIM is working and phone is properly set up first before requesting a number transfer.  It's just that some people don't and then it makes it more difficult to trace any problems if they occur after the number porting has happened.

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Kudos: 5,251
Best Answers: 584

bertiebat wrote:

Great guide Phil :smileyhappy:

I know it's sounds obvious, but can you add that they should check the SIM is working and phone is properly set up first before requesting a number transfer.  It's just that some people don't and then it makes it more difficult to trace any problems if they occur after the number porting has happened.

Done :smileyhappy:

brulaw

Excellent post Phil. Great for new members and anyone considering joining  :smileyhappy:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
emma1984alfie2006
Topics: 36
Kudos: 102
Best Answers: 20

Fab post for Newbies :smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
aaronjlaw
Kudos: 446
Best Answers: 12

Good post indeed! Answers a lot of new member questions no doubt.
Click here to join giffgaff! - Free £5 to sign up!