Welcome & Join

newcomer
nmac_nbc
Best Answer

Verified by visa not working.....

Hi there, I have been trying to activate a sim for my son since saturday (8/1/11), but everytime i get to the verified by visa section, there is a problem. I managed to activate a sim for my daughter last week ( 6/1/11) with no problems, but now after i enter the card details and then input the 3 random characters from my password ( for verified by visa) the page refreshes, but nothing comes up, the page will stay there blank untill such time as i either close the tab, or click on the giffgaff logo to go back to the home page. the longest time i have left the page up was for 10 minutes with no luck on the payment going through. I will point out that this is not a problem with my bank as i am able to purchase items in shops using the card, and there is plenty of money in the account. So, after all that, i am putting it out there to find out if anyone knows a way to get around this ( would a voucher work for activating the sim?), or if this is a site problem and if so when it will be fixed/solved Thanks Nick
adam98675
Topics: 50
Kudos: 995
Best Answers: 444

Re: Verified by visa not working.....

Try clearing the cache/History or changing the browser
heavy hitter
jonmc95

Contact an agent.

Bottom of page click CONTACT US then click ASK AN AGENT.

If you like the sound of giffgaff why not Order a FREE sim card below that comes with £5 FREE credit!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
maestro
commsyeo

The quickest solution is to use a voucher - they work fine when activating.

Also, try clearing your browser cache, retarting the browser and then try activating again.

CY
guide
lordofangels
Mobile Phone: ZTEBlade

If the above suggestion did not work then ,Yes you can activate with a voucher

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Click "Accept Solution" if this answered your question.

If you'd like a SIM please click below.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
thesaint
Topics: 189

Intermittent issues with system.Buy £10 GG voucher as this will go through far quicker than an o2 one.Salud,Les  ps,Contact agent,bott.om left of Help page,it's quicker

newcomer
nmac_nbc

Thanks for confirming about the voucher, will give it a go in a bit.

As for clearing the browser cache, or using a different browser, i have tried all that, tried firefox, chrome and IE, all with cleared caches etc, and no joy with any of them.That is mainly why i'm inclinded to think that there is a problem with the website.

Thanks

Nick

newcomer
johnboywallace

I'm still experiencing the Verified by Visa problem, and have had a lot of trouble with card payments recently.

Today I added my Visa Debit card details to the site to allow my card to be stored for future purchases. After I had completed the Verified by Visa page, I was presented with a spinning arrow that didn't progress for at least 10 minutes. After hitting F5, I was returned to my Giffgaff home page, with a red notice telling me that my card had been processed successfully, even though it looked more like an error message.

It is convenient for some of us, myself included, to be able to access shops that can sell a voucher, but for a lot of people the most convenient way to top up is with a card via the website, so I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
scholar
jms0

I've got a ticket open about top up problems atm.  I was able to activate, but haven't been able to add additional credit.  This needs sorting - 'buy a voucher' really isn't good enough and users will migrate elsewhere if they can't use credit cards.

You're the boss so check out Giffgaff's financial statements
sloz

[ Edited ]
Have you tried the top up any number link jms0? Http://giffgaff.com/topup/altruistic