Welcome & Join

newcomer
pauly105

swap sim keep 02 number

i have account for a blackberry with giffgaff and lost phone,i got new sim to go with new sony xperia phone, and sim doesn't work. giffgaff sent new sim for a friend and i have placed it in the phone and it is working, now i would like to remove blackberry account , and activate new giffgaff sim.new card wont activate because i already have an existing account, i also want to port my old o2 number( that i've been using) over to giffgaff.

can u help please. paul

amir667
Topics: 15
Kudos: 694
Best Answers: 734

Re: swap sim keep 02 number

you need a new account for the new sim to activate.
Click here to get your free giffgaff sim with £5 free credit
coach
ste53

new sim, new account, your old account will deactivate after six months of not being used. ask 02 for your pac code and port it to gg,

Get a free giffgaff Sim
virtuoso
rong42

as said above, each sim needs it own account

if you wanted to, log into the blackberry account, and then use this link to report the sim as lost

http://giffgaff.com/support/lost

giffgaff will then send you a replacement sim (1st class I think), for your blackberry account (so you will keep the same number, credit, payback, etc on that account)

otherwise, just create a completely new account, active your new sim on that new account, and away you go

for porting your old number, you'll need to get a PAC off o2. sort out your account first (either the replacement sim or activating the new one) and then follow this guide

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/How-do-I-keep-my-mobile-number/ta-p/3521127

graduate
the_releaser

why dont you sign into your old account (the blackberry one) and report the sim and phone lost. Giffgaff will block that phone and send you out a replacement sim with that old number on it. Then if you really wanted you could just port your o2 number onto that account.