Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message

So, those members who are active in the help forum on the full site may well have seen this image on the right hand side of the page:

Death of 2020

BUT

Its not doing enough!!!

The demise of 2020 was announced in this thread on the 15/4/14 ... but still members are helping out in the forum saying text 2020, over a week after the death of 2020, helpers should not be giving out dated information.

So what can we do to help stop wrong information being given to people who come looking for help?

• put an announcement banner on the top of the forum on the mobile site, this was done for Earth Hour and often done to promote the ideas forum ... SO utilise the methods available to promote the fact 2020 is no longer the answer!
  • send EVERYONE a PM if logistically possible, and if not PM all members who have taken the bronze quizzes. 
  • make the current Announcement banner appear more often, across the whole site!

PLEASE MAKE THE CHANGE VISIBLE!!!

We shouldn't be seeing members giving out wrong and out dated information to members who need help!

So please show your support and lets get "The demise of 2020" visible

As always feedback is appreciated and please Kudos if you wish to support the idea

Thanks for reading

Alice Powell

24th May 2014: Hey folks, again on this - we'd already implemented the Idea before it was posted so I'm moving this to our Vault.
ben199814

Giffgaff Call + Sms Blocking

by ben199814 ‎11-05-2014 12:27 - edited ‎23-05-2014 23:29

Hi, 

one thing a lot of people have is spam texts, prank calls and just annoying marketing. There are lots of apps available for this however due to updates and the way they are programmed, sometimes they stop other calls coming through or cause more problems. On some mobile devices there is already this feature built in but on others there aren't.

I think giffgaff should either implement a call blocking and sms blocking feature into the my giffgaff app, or into your my giffgaff section on the website. You can view the blocked messages online, and add new blocked numbers so that they never reach your phone. This should be easy to manage and would make a lot of people happy.

Edit: Aswell as call blocking, Do Not Disturb mode is not in every phone however this would probably be more expensive for giffgaff to implement. If we could choose certain times to reject calls. So for example between 11pm and 7am every day to block all numbers except a whitelist of family members. I know this is in most phones however having it through giffgaff would mean you could change this over the internet so far example if you left your phone somewhere, so you could change it to allow all calls through. 

Thanks for reading.

This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
wjack2010

Bonus Payback on Birthday

by wjack2010 ‎08-05-2014 16:19 - edited ‎08-05-2014 16:20

After reading another idea here, I thought of this one.

Some other sites that I have used in the past give rewards or bonuses on your birthday.

giffgaff could do a similar thing here, so you get a few extra points on your birthday, once per year.

You could also make it so that you'd have to be fairly active on your birthday month to receive your bonus, increasing activity over the yearly-period.

Doesn't have to be a huge bonus, just a nice little something to encourage us :smileywink:

This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
deffers90

Change Agent Response Times

by deffers90 ‎09-05-2014 07:39 - edited ‎10-05-2014 11:44

After seeing a recent post on the help forum relating to a problem during the port-in process, I would like to propose a change in the time given for agents to respond.

In the case in question the person has been left with no service at all for at least 2 days.  They have rightly contacted an agent about the issue.  It is not the 24 hours to respond to the initial case that I propose needs to be changed but the time allowed to respond to follow up information, prioritising cases where there is no service. (http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Can-an-agent-or-someone-chase-my-problem-up/td-p/12995... )

At the moment agents have 24 hours to respond to each new message.  The change proposed is that it is 24 hours to respond to each new case and then a new shorter time frame be applied to further messages in that case.  As it currently stands, if a person sends 5 new messages to the agent in an open case it can take 5 days for all of the messages to be answered.  This is obviously not good enough when people cannot use the service they have paid for.

Other issues with less urgency could be exempt from the shorter response time for new responses and there should also be a limit on the amount of time passed since the last communication with the agents and customer that the new shorter response time applies to, to stop people abusing the system.

I also understand that the agents are very busy and that they do do a good job, but in these cases 24hours to reply is a little too long.

Any suggestions for changes to the idea are welcome.

Thank you

Also thanks to @meganlockett for their contribution

Edit:  Would it be possible for "flag a case up as needs further work and any agent around can pick it up and carry on with it ? ( if they don't already )" (Thanks again @meganlockett)  for cases where the user has no service as means of prioritsing the case, thus helping reduce the response time?

I already have the moto g

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/3481580/motorola-moto-g-4g-release-date-price-specs/

the new 4G version is out soon by the  May.

Giff gaff should sell this.

Having only just bought my Moto G i am tempted to upgrade it. And hopefully by then Giff Gaff will have a better 4G tarrif by then,

seantad1999

choose my own goodybag

by seantad1999 on ‎12-05-2014 13:39
It would be a great idea if you could make your own goodybag! So I could choose how many minutes,texts and data I would like because I feel like I'm wasting when my top up runs out. Then when I choose how many minutes and texts and data I want. Giffgaff can check how much it would cost then pay the amount I've selected! :smileyhappy:
william444555

Putting Payback towards your local Mast

by william444555 on ‎20-04-2014 14:40 - last edited on ‎20-04-2014 19:41 by giffgaff Educator

I think that there should be another option under payback where in your loacl area you could put some money towards a new mast so if you live in a bog city that only has 3g then you could add to the fund and when there is enough then giffgaff could pay this to o2 and they will put up a better mast with better signal and speed.

i live in an area where there is only 2g and its a preaty big area so if everyone puts towards some money then we could get a faster mast that has better range. also under this you should be able to see how much you have raised and how much there is left to go and lets say the percentage of what you have contributed.

you could also pay via paypal or any other credit card services.

if you agree in this idea please kudo it and share to you freinds thanks!!!

Status: Idea Vault: This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
786asim786

the little people

by 786asim786 on ‎29-04-2014 11:08

not every one has a big iphone or s5 some off us just have basic phones soo whyat i was trying to suggest is why dont giff gaff give packages on more calls and textss with out the data for people like mee who have no need for the data,,, im not sure iff some thing like this has already been suggested but itss an idea,,, becasuse i know alot off people whoi dont have big phones and dont need the data deals 

what do you think ???? just a thought 

oxen

Raising the profile of giffgaff

by oxen on ‎12-05-2014 13:11

I just joined Twitter (well - no tweets so far, following no-one, no-one following me).

As part of that, I was asked for my mobile number and to select my network from a dropdown. There were the usual suspects in the list, but no GiffGaff.

To raise the profile of GiffGaff and spread the word, would it be possible to contact Twitter along with any other website with a dropdown for network and get them to add GiffGaff?

Exactly that. after starting a new discussion for every single thing i wanted to chat about with my phone it dawned on me it would helpful if we had a section in the forum deisgned speciafically for different phones. Where people could just rant or give tips etc about the phones. Perhaps with sub categorys for the different models within the categories i.e. samsung and then within the samsug section sub categories for s2,s3, s4, s5, s3 mini, s4 mini, and other

i.e. Apple

Samsung

Blackberry

Windows phones

Lg

etc etc

bigbeard

top-up and Goodybag

by bigbeard on ‎12-05-2014 13:35

i think i would be good, if when you pick you goodybag you could put your voucher number in at the same time/same page 

GG is currently charging 20p for the first 20 mm of data on pay as you go and 20p/mb thereafter. Well, the majority of networks realise that the data consumption rises and either lower data prices or offer competitive bundles. I guess that GG should the same by stretching the daily data limit from 20mb to 100 mb at the rate of 1p/mb and 20p/MB thereafter. So if 5MB  used=£0.05 charged, 100MB= £1 and 101MB=£1.2. Any ideas?

wardy0

Community

by wardy0 ‎10-05-2014 16:37 - edited ‎10-05-2014 16:42

The main page for the community has changed since I last visited, I really find the layout a bit confusing. I liked it much more the way it used to be. It took me a few minutes to even notice that the forum topics had been renamed to "sections" it makes it much less clear as to where to start. It iis a very messy page to start from.

I have to recommend switching to a forum style more commonly used. I am a big fan of the common forum style, such as the Wikpedia forums and I think the main community page could do with a clearing up.

I'm not sure what other peoples opinions are and this is just mine.

http://community.giffgaff.com

cnaylor119

Payback

by cnaylor119 ‎10-05-2014 12:13 - edited ‎10-05-2014 12:31
On payback why not show how you earned it, say here is an example.

SIM packs activated 500
Helping other giffgaffers

2x Helping other giffgaffers 4000
3x Extra community points 1400

Fine so, you know that the top is the Sim but what about helping and how can you have 2?
Also three lots of extra community points, what?

So simplify it so it could be like
Activated Sims
Approved helpers quiz
Promotion
Community Rank
etc

This would make it easier so you could see what to keep doing and what is paying you the most.

-------
Also wouldn't it be better for people to know so if you knew you did better giving sims then helping people, and just then focus on giving sims, more people will join giffgaff.
And people better at helping then giving sims, then focus on helping, it will save giffgaff time having agents answer questions that can be solved by the community.

Thanks,
Callum
anita0085

GiffGaff to sell Moto E

by anita0085 on ‎13-05-2014 13:30

I would like to see GiffGaff sell the new Moto E phone

http://www.motorola.co.uk/consumers/mobile-phones/Moto-E/moto-e-gb.html

gnans22

Expected stock date - for out of stock Phones

by gnans22 ‎17-05-2014 08:43 - edited ‎17-05-2014 20:02

Hello all,

On back of existing idea about stock alert on this section of forum, We need to have an expected date of availability for the phones which are out of stock. This will provide a more transparent information for people who wish to buy phones. If they can't wait till the date they might find another retailer rather than waiting for GG with no proper dates.

This could be a long shot at this stage but as a growing business model this will be vital.

If you agree to my Idea, don't forget to click on the Orange UP arrow on the left. Thank you !

Status: Idea Vault: This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
enchantedsun

Regarding voting for Ideas

by enchantedsun ‎21-04-2014 16:06 - edited ‎23-04-2014 15:31

Currently Ideas are voted for using the kudo system where you can only grant so many kudos per day, and only one kudo per idea (ever). This is helpful in determining how popular an idea is. There is something, however, I think would be useful to add to this system.

My suggestion is that we add an option for members to be able to select one idea from the Ideas Board per day and vote it as what they believe to be the "Best Idea of the Day". Each day you can thus choose only one idea that you find to be the most important idea currently on the Ideas Board, and thus the idea you want implemented most. This would give statistics on what giffgaffers not only find a good idea, but where their priorities lie.

Once an idea has its status changed (to for example "Not for Us" or "Looking into it", etc) there will no longer be the option to vote for it for "Best Idea of the Day".

Unlike with kudos, I believe you should be able to vote for the same Idea as being the "Best Idea of the Day" on multiple days. For example: if on Monday you find one idea the best and vote for it as "Best Idea of the Day", and then on Tuesday you still consider it to be the best idea currently on the board -> you can vote for it on Tuesday again. However, if on Wednesday you find that there is an idea you like even more, then you vote for that idea instead.

In summary:

One vote, per day, for any Idea with the status "New Idea" that you as a member believe to be that day's best and most important Idea (the idea you want implemented the most). This is to be on a seperate counter from the current kudos counter.

Example

Edit:

As @simonefaye78 pointed out: like with kudos, no voting for your own Idea!

@alicepowell had the other good point: you must give kudos to an idea before you can vote for it as being "best idea of the day"! This idea is meant to support the kudo system and improve upon it, not replace it!

Also:

Along with "Hot Ideas", "Top Ideas" & "New Ideas" a new tab could be given to the Ideas Board giving the idea with the most votes that day for "Best Idea of the Day". 

Under one's giffgaff profile's statistics the number of one's ideas that were voted for as "Best Idea of the Day" can be displayed (similar to "Best Answer").

24th May 2014: This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
baileys_queen

Ability to delete posts

by baileys_queen on ‎03-05-2014 10:38

I know this has probably been posted before but its still missing.

Its a shame because sometimes we might post something and then think better of it, or we might decide our info is not suitable after posting, or that the time its taken for the system to update the thread there is multiple replies and the post is not needed.

why cant we just beable to delete the whole post with a click o a button instead of just deleting the text but leaving an empty post?

steeplechaser

Flag, or star important PM's

by steeplechaser ‎23-04-2014 15:52 - edited ‎23-04-2014 23:16

Hi giffgaffers,

PM's seem to be on the increase, seen some threads on unwanted PM's.

I'd like to be able to flag, or star important PM's to keep,

so I don't accidentally delete them, as there is no "undo".

Would be good (for me), if it were possible :smileyhappy:

Keep on giffgaffing, SC

24th May 2014: This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
When i was on contact i use to get my mins and texts the ones that i didnt use put on to my next month it would be good if yous can fo that cause most of the time i hardly use them
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count