Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message

Backround:

Since giffgaff started selling phones last year I've noticed an ever increasing amount of ideas regarding new phones that giffgaff could sell.

Which I am all for as I think the range is quite limited at the moment (eg Not stocking a basic cheap feature phone) and every suggestion will help the people in charge know what phones us giffgaffers would like to buy. 

Idea :

My idea is that every month or so an agent would create a new phone suggestion page in the ideas.

1) All ideas regarding new phones could be merged in and hopefully being together each suggestion could gain some more kudos.

2) With all the ideas together the people who make the decisons could get a clearer idea of the phones people want instead of having to look through 10/15 ideas.

Status: Idea Vault: This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.

While Nokia are not aiming these devices at the European market they have one key feature, they are dual SIM.

This would let giffgaff users either keep their old SIM for incoming calls (assuming it is PAYG) for a while (or have a work and personal number) or use a second SIM while roaming.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26320552 for more info on the Nokia X series phones.

Status: Idea Vault: This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't what our Community wanted, however we'd love for you to re-post it as circumstances change and most Ideas are before their time. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
chesco87

More updates on your recruits [MGM]

by chesco87 on ‎25-02-2014 11:34 - last edited on ‎25-02-2014 15:11 by giffgaff Educator

I really believe we need to push amongst all of us in order to Giffgaff developes a new tool to allow us to be able to check instantantly if our recruits top ups the month 2 and month 3.

At the moment it looks Naiha is the only one who manages this part of the business. She may be overworked receiving emails (like me) telling why I dind't get any reward last month for those who I recruited last January and where can I check that out. And there is no way to check out by ourselves.

It's wonderful when I receive an email telling me that one person has been giffgaffed! Why not letting us know when you are on the Super Recruiter Programm who top up 2º and 3º month so then we can estimate the money we are going to receive each month in our PayPal account? 

[Edit: Clearer Title]

andyhubbert

Update the 4g page with timeframes

by andyhubbert on ‎24-02-2014 22:46
Hi

Just thought it would be useful for Giffgaff to update the 4g page and give a realistic estimated timeframe for the different stages of the 4g roll out. Just to give us users a better idea of when we can expect gg to give us 4g

Milestones such as the new iPhone settings could also be added as Giffgaff gets ready, so we know there is actual progress going on

How many times have you read a plea for help or support that barely makes sense because the member is struggling to get their point across in English?

Chances are there is someone out there in the giffgaff community who is both fluent in their language and has a knowledge of the network so could help them out quickly and easily.

So, I propose some form of system that would allow non-native English speakers to be able to get better Help and Support.

This isn't a technically-developed proposal - you guys will be good at that bit!  But what about asking users to check a box with the languages they speak and would be prepared to offer support in? Similarly at the point of starting a new thread there would be a tick box that would allow people to solicit replies in their chosen language. Perhaps then the system would be able to email all those who have registered as proficient in the OP's chosen language inviting them to respond?  Or something like that?

Or, depending on demand, Help sections in different languages?

We're a multi-lingual lot here, so why not use it to our advantage?

Hi I was thinking that giffgaff could do a little something for the years of service each individual is with giffgaff.
I know we have payback options as an incentive of being with giffgaff but maybe we can get a little credit or even if that's going to be too costly a little certificate like we have on the approved helper quizzes.
Thought this would be a good idea for giffgaff to do for loyalty of us customers. 😊
Please feel free to comment.
stephenmiller

4G LTE notifications etc

by stephenmiller on ‎17-02-2014 18:35

I actually have two ideas. One is a bit on the weak side, the other a bit more practical. I'll start of with the kinda radical one.

For 4G LTE to be a blazing success you need to get people onto it and fast. Unfortunately ther's only so fast you can buil;d infrastructure; but if Mohammed won't go to the mountain you have to bring te mountain to Mohammed! Partner with Rightmove and encourage people to move into an area that has or will be getting 4G LTE very soon. Kind of an unorthadox approach I grant you.

The second is a little on the sensible side but bear with me. Sign up to be notified when 4G LTE is coming to you. Pretty simple, you put in your postcode and when O2 announce masts going up you send people emails or put it on their dashboard or something. Essentially turning the coverage map into personalised notifications.

Will this be a succesful idea? YOU DECIDE!

rocky15n-1-web.jpg

Image 'Rocky' Courtsey of United Artists Pictures.

cellbar

New forum section for phones

by cellbar on ‎20-02-2014 19:50

Hi

I would like to see a new section on the forums for phones - discussing phones, comparing phones, issues with phones, apps for phones, pro's and con's of phones, good phones, bad phones, phone techno, write ups on phones - you get my drift....

Simple things like me trying to compare phones and asking for user input is something I cannot find anywhere in real time and apart from general discussion, there is nowhere else to put it, and realistically, with GG now selling phones, surely its about high time we had a dedicated section for phones?

If you agree, please show your support and add your ideas for it as I would love to see it get up off the ground...

Thanks in advance...

g_a

Unexpected airtime credit consumption.

by g_a on ‎27-02-2014 00:42

I read a post this evening where a member had a problem with a queued Goodybag. It had not queued correctly and when his current Goodybag expired his airtime credit was consumed.

In reply another member pointed out that if he had the balance notification turned on he would have noticed the reduction in his airtime credit...... A valid point but it fails to take into account how annoying the balance notifications are to some members and on my Blackberry it unlocks the screen.

So to my idea, if a member has the balance notification turned off and has a Goodybag without one queued when the current Goodybag expires the balance notification should automatically be turned on. This would highlight to the member that are beginning to consume airtime credit and would prompt them to check their account online.

Another potential option is for balance notifications to appear only when members consume airtime credit and no notification when the usage is within a Goodybag's allowance. So notifications only appear when airtime credit is consumed.

I hope you like my first idea!

HI,

I am retired (lucky me!)so most of the time I am able to access the internet through my home wifi.

Because of this I buy one of the smaller Goodybags or use credit.

I think there are probably other users who are restricted to the smaller Goodybags also because of financial constraints.

Or even those who have bigger Goodybags but who have plans for all of their data.

In these cases it is a worry that a connection could inadvertantly be left running and it could all be used up in one go.

I wondered if there could be a way of  users setting a limit for one session of personal useage - say 1mb for me, different for others - and when this was reached a message would be generated?

We are currently house hunting in an area that has highly restructed broadband (horror of horrors) so we have been driving around checking mobile masts for the best signal. Sadly, the iPad with giff gaff sim slowed down and stopped just near where we needed it.

I won't mention that other lot who have the only mast in the area but we are wondering if you could do a link up with a secondary provider?

For anyone who roams about the country, this could be a real bonus. 

essie112mm

Red Flag facility

by essie112mm ‎09-02-2014 17:31 - edited ‎10-02-2014 10:17

My idea

At times, being a giffgaff customer can be a roller-coaster ride. When the network is good it’s really good. Equally, when it’s bad it’s awful. For the most part, I believe the majority of us believe the good outweighs the bad. But as we all know, on occasion Agents botch things and worse still fail to move quickly and efficiently to deal with the fall-out from their mistakes.

At this point when users are at their wit’s end they have few options to pursue. If they want to contact an Educator about their account they see the following message: 

“Please note, Educators cannot deal with account related queries, giffgaff has a dedicated team to help you with account issues - Get in touch here: bit.ly/giffgaffagent ” ( And by the way, the link provided to Agents doesn’t appear to work – I just tried it and got a 404 error page).

Sometimes if users ignore this and go ahead anyway and contact an Educator they receive an unsatisfactory reply or even no reply at all. This of course serves only to ratchet up the tension and anger, quite apart from leaving the problem unsolved. The only other channel of complaint available is to make a formal complaint which involves a five day investigation period, thereby prolonging the misery and preventing an Educator becoming involved in the dispute.

So currently there really there is no satisfactory process for investigation/complaint between contacting an Agent and the nuclear option of pursuing a formal complaint. I therefore propose the following  :

1. If after a 48 hour period from the time of first submitting a complaint to an Agent there is no resolution of a problem, or a plan of action set in motion which is acceptable to the user, then he/she should have the right to submit a Red Flag request to the Agents which would be seen by the manager or most senior Agent on duty at the time. This Agent should then take sole charge of the case, investigate, and resolve the dispute or problem. This Red Flag request would be available only after 48 hours have elapsed.
  2. The Red Flag request should also trigger an alert to the Educators, one of whom would be expected to monitor the situation, contact the person about their problem, and liaise with the senior Agent handling the case to ensure a speedier resolution than is currently the case.
  3. Once the Red Flag request has been activated the user making the complaint should as standard practice receive regular updates from the Agent on the progress of the investigation and the action being taken on their behalf.

Constructive criticism of the above accepted !

timbear

Data only goodybag early renewal.

by timbear rookie on ‎22-02-2014 13:09

I've suggested this before, a long time ago, but I wasn't very clear and it was misunderstood.

I'd like to be able to buy data only, say 1GB, or 3GB as you can now. ThedifferenceI'dlikethoughisthatshouldthedataallowancerunoutbeforetheenddateofthegoodybag there should be theoptiontobuyanother goodybagimmediatelyratherthan having todropbacktoPAYG data forthedurationoftheoriginalgoodybag. 

In short the goodybag should expire on the end date OR when the data is all used up, whichever is sooner. If it could optionally be set to renew automatically under these cirucmstances this would be a big bonus too. For example have two autorenewal selections  "Auto renew on end date only" and "Auto renew on end date or when data allowance used, whichever comes first".

Ideally , it would be useful to have a calls only and a texts only goodybag with the same expiry features, and be able to run them all concurrently in order to make up a personalised package.

suleman4hmed

1000 minutes goodybag

by suleman4hmed on ‎23-02-2014 19:10
Hi. It would be great if giffgaff offer a Goodybag with 1000 minutes. At the moment they offer 500 minutes or next one up is 2000 minutes. There should be one in between at 1000 minutes. Maybe offer a goody bag with 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 1gb data with tethering for £12-£15. So this would be the same as the £10 goody bag but with 1000 minutes for those that find that 500 minutes is not enough but don't need 2000 minutes (which is £20).

Please consider this giffgaff. Thank you.
essie112mm

BlackBerry Plan

by essie112mm on ‎03-02-2014 17:27

" if i already added my goody bag and its went on ican i still add the blackberry Bolton"

The question pasted above is typical of those posted on the Help & Support forum and in view of that my proposal for the Ideas Board is that the web page advertising goodybags ( “Our offer) should be changed. This is because it gives misleading and confusing information to newcomers and others  who don’t understand the BlackBerry Add-on.    

On this page  http://giffgaff.com/goodybags   and below the list of the goodybags offered it states,

"BlackBerry Add-on

• For £2.50 extra a month get this Add-on to access BlackBerry Services. If you have a BlackBerry 10 handset then you do not need this add-on.

Note: The BlackBerry Add-on is available combined with all goodybags but not gigabags."

This would be more accurate if it stated,

“The BlackBerry Add-on is available combined with all goodybags in the BlackBerry Plan range, but not gigabags”

It would be even better if it were changed to :

Get the BlackBerry Plan for all devices below the BB10 ::

For £2.50 extra buy the BlackBerry Plan which combines a goodybag with the Add-on to access BlackBerry services. If you have a BlackBerry 10 handset then you do not need the combined BB Plan goodybag.

Also, at the moment if someone clicks on “more info” they see the following:

“If you have a BlackBerry 10 device, you get access to these services automatically, but you will need to have a mobile Internet allowance. If you have an older device, you will need to purchase a BlackBerry add-on for £2.50 at the same time as you buy a goodybag in order to get access to BlackBerry services.

Note: The BlackBerry Add-on is available combined with all goodybags apart from data-only gigabags.”

This information implies that the Add-on has to be purchased separately, which is no longer possible. At no point is there any mention of the BlackBerry Plan. On the right hand side of this web page there is another list of the goodybags/gigabags offered, but nothing to show that they are not combined with the Add-on as they are with the BlackBerry Plan. Little wonder that when a newcomer buys a goodybag for their BlackBerry they make the wrong choice, discover they have no internet, and get frustrated and annoyed.  So this page needs to be re-worked as well.

Feel free to support or criticise my idea. 

rand

Divide ideas in to category's

by rand on ‎16-01-2014 17:55
This simple addition is a must. Members keep submitting ideas over and over without knowing that it has already been submitted. An easy category addition to the ideas section would make it very easy to search for an idea thus avoid unnecessary posts and frustration.
This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it wasn't popular with our members, however we encourage you to re-port this Idea now as reassessing demand is healthy - times and technology change and you never know. Thanks for keeping us run by you.

As giffgaff's financial year end is just finished, I think it is a good time to propose this idea. This is "the network run by you", apparently.  Perhaps it would be a good idea for giffgaff to publish their annual accounts to the community.

I feel this would be a great thing, since ultimately it reinforces the idea that we are all stakeholders. It's obvious that there are many members who are quite passionate about giffgaff, this would only serve to bolster that.

I see no reason why giffgaff's accounts couldn't be posted on here, at the same time as lodging accounts at Companies House.

your thoughts guys?

all the best

graham

This Idea is entering the Vault. This means at the time of posting it didn't reach enough support from our members, however we encourage you to re-post this Idea as reassessing demand is healthy - times and technology change and you never know. Thanks for keeping us run by you.
wjack2010

Notification when Quoted

by wjack2010 on ‎18-02-2014 13:37

Currently we can receive e-mail notifications for replies to topics we subscribe too, when we receive a new kudo, new topics in certain areas and when we get mentioned in a post.

I think it is just as important to receive a notification when someone quotes your post too, so that you know someone is talking to you, rather than relying just on mentions. This is because quotes are quicker than mentioning, and it seems silly to mention a user when you've quoted their post anyway.

bobrobinson

Early payback for uk flood victims

by bobrobinson on ‎16-02-2014 19:05

As many of you lovly people donate some or all your payback to charity. Wouldnt it be great if giffgaff could pay out your payback early to those who want to give it to the u.k flood victims.I know it would only be two months worth. But it would help a lot. What do you think 

baileys_queen

Ratesetter loans on under £100 phone

by baileys_queen ‎20-02-2014 13:47 - edited ‎20-02-2014 14:48
Ratesetter loans on under £100 phones

I have been asked by other members to post this in ideas section -

why cant we use the loan for phones under a hundred pounds?  i know that spread over two years is not feasible as it would be like pennies but could we have an option with a payback time of 12 months?

Not all of us want expensive phones or we want to buy for our teenager kids :-)

Perhaps as a better option make the down payment option less on these. i.e. a month in advance not £50. For those that dont want or cant afford the bigger phones. Students and people on lower incomes or just starting out. Not everyone can afford £300 phones or £100 to buy a phone up front :-) 

Just an idea :-)

Announcements

Weekly Poll
Are you aware of the #alltheboss campaign?
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count