Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message
alicepowell

Make giffgaff community zero rated for all members

by alicepowell ‎12-08-2014 16:53 - edited ‎12-08-2014 17:07

Its just come to my attention that community.giffgaff.com is only zero rated for some members, but not all.

As you can imagine, I wasnt to impressed to find this out!

If you DO NOT have credit on your account, your browsing on community.giffgaff.com is FREE

If you DO have credit (or an active goodybag), you are charged to access community.giffgaff.com either in credit or from your data allowance.

Why are some members given this charge when others are not?

--------

So my idea is simple ... make community.giffgaff.com zero rated for everyone, not just a select few.

Thanks for reading, and as ever please show support with a "kudo"

charlie_shaw

Where's option 4 - No Change.

by charlie_shaw on ‎13-08-2014 03:54

Effectivley we are being asked to vote on 3 options neither of us want,

We re-occur the £12 Goody bag every month. Its irrevant that we don't use less than 3GB of data.

We signed up to GiffGaff, in order to be able to use unlimited data, if we required it, and in the knowelge it would be available if we needed it.

Now to get the same you are proposing £20, which is £8 per month extra, or £16 a month extra with my wifes goodybag.

I don't think so. If these changes go ahead, with an undemocratic vote, ie no option 4 ( No change), then my wife and I will be forced, YES forced to leave, and probably move to all you can eat on 3.

We signed up, believing in how GiffGaff's business model runs. Now it appears you are becomming as bad as the big boys, and going to ride rough shod over your members.

I suggest including option 4 NO CHANGE, and see how many members vote for that option.

I suspect you, will not take notice, and if that's the case my wife and I will be off to the other operator.

CS

baileys_queen

Phone buy back scheme? or recycling?

by baileys_queen on ‎25-08-2014 08:12

o2 buy back mobiles this would be a great thing for giffgaff. Now that they sell them.

Many people like to buy a new mobile when suits and often left with a fully working mobile that we have to try and sell or recycle ourselves.

why not offer the choice of buying it back for recycling and the money could be credited as payback or as a lump sum towards a new phone or even to be paid out on receipt of the phone.

you could even go a step further and have a link to a sponser or someone thatll buy back if its something that giffgaff dont want to promote

How about a completely new and different pricing strategy? Here's my proposal - it's a very rough idea, so bear with me: 

Pick 'n' Mix: 

Choose the amount of minutes you want. eg.: 

250 minutes 

500 minutes 

750 minutes 

1000 minutes 

Unlimited 

- or whatever might be appropriate amounts 

Then choose the amount of texts you want, eg.: 

200 texts 

400 texts 

600 texts 

800 texts 

1000 texts 

Unlimited 

- or whatever might me appropriate 

Then finally choose how much data you need, eg.: 

250MB 

500MB 

1GB 

3GB 

5GB 

Unllimited 

- or what ever. 

Each "portion" is priced individually. If you choose to have two "portions" (minutes+texts, minutes+data, texts+data) you get a small discount; if you choose to have all three (minutes+texts+data), you get a slightly bigger discount. 

Just a thought. 

Dennis

Got the email tonight about goodybag changes.. thought great, better deals for us all.. until i read the email.

This had been asked many times, the currently consulation regarding changes will only affect the "£12+ bags.

GiffGaff seriously now need to review their £5 and £7.50 bags as the competion are offering better deals.

Like ASDA (now EE): £5 for 100 mins, 2000text and 100MB data and then standard PAYG rates 8p/min, 4p/text and 5p/mb data, compare this to giffgaff: £5 for 60+ mins, 300 text and 20mb data then at 10p/min, 6p/text and 2p/mb until bag ends, then data is 20p for first 20mb per day and then 20p per 1MB... it doesn't compare.

ASDA also do a £5 top up, giffgaff don't.

3 (three) are offering 3,2,1 on PAYG (3p/min, 2p/text and 1p/MB data)

I saw another provider offer a 30 day 100mins, 150 text and 500MB for £5 via their monthly bag style option (no contract).

The forum is a great place, people are being rewarded by GiffGaff to answer the same old question which has been asked thousands of times before and most answers are available in the Help section of the site.

Then there are agents to answer their questions as well.

Won't be popular, How about eliminating a lot of the forums payment costs to members and use the money to offer better all round bags from the entry level up by being more competive. 

Also, how about adding a £5 topup option and reduce the free calls to 30 or 45 days, thus reducing the PAYG standard rates to be more competive with three and ASDA and Sainsbury's.

The way things are looking, the cheaper goodybags are no longer competive and even the PAYG rates are looking a tad more expensive that others.

Time for a total review?

Hi all,

Using http://giffgaff.com/how-much-data-do-i-need you get to work ourt which goodybag is best for you based on your predicted usage.

However, it only looks at goodybags!

how much data do I need

So my idea is ...

Add a section underneath the goodybags, to show "best suited gigagbags" so that those only after data can go straight to the correct gigabag.

Thanks, AMP

Please kudos to show support

amh3

Sell 'dumb' phones

by amh3 on ‎31-08-2014 17:37

Why do giffgaff not sell cheap 'dumb' phones?

Considering it is a budget brand and its internet service is not very good I though it would be ideally suited for these types of phones as opposed to data-intense smartphones.

I know loads of people who are looking for a cheap handset, but at the minute they are having to go with O2 for a tenners worth of cred before switching to a giffgaff SIM.

So after reading and also commenting on Community Consultation I have now decided on posting my little own option and idea.

Option 4 My idea for massive improvemtns on GoddyBags

To have a new goody bag called mix it match it goodybag. Giving the cusotmer the freedome of choice. Want minuits? Ok move the slider option to selected amount of mins wanted starting from 50 min to 100 to 300 to 500 to 750 to 1000 to 4000 to unlimited ok, happy? Bagged it.

Next now move slider up to select amount of text you want. Use same sort of methords above.

And then repeate for data being say no data at all being 0 being dissabled and only wifi access only.

then a range from 100mb to 300 to 500 to 1 gb to 5 gb to 10 gb to unlimited.

This way the customer can get exctly what they want via a much wider range giving the customer the fredom of choise on all areas.

The prices would varie depending on what a user has decided to put together based on calls, text and internet.

Having such a goodybag like the idea above would see a lot more customers sticking around and also more customers moving over to GiffGaff giving customers more choice and ways to use their phone and to keep things to what a customer likes. Having many goodybags are indeed good or packages with other networks but when you start changing things around people also start moving to other networks.

Using my idea and option I believe most people on here would actualy like somthing like this depending on prices however given the fact of current packages you have with the goodybags you can actually work around prices currently take some of it away and split it up into segments and actualy come up with many more options for customers.

Just my 2 cents and feedback and idea for improvements.

Currently 2 days before your goodybag expires you get the following text message:

"Hi, your goodybag is about to expire on 18/07/2014. Go to giffgaff.com to set your goodybag to recure before 10pm on your expiry day, Cheers"

This message is quite usefull however I feel that you should recive another text once your goodybag has expired, if no new goodybag has been activated saying:

"Hi, your goodybag has just expired. Head over to giffgaff.com now to purchase another goodybag, Cheers"

I feel this would be usefull for the giffgaff customer that doesnt have reacuring goodybags setup and is abit forgetfull!

I know I am that type of customer!

Kudos if this would be usefull for you! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Update: As suggested by @navvy giffgaff could incorportate the prices for texts, calls and data in the text much like when you are going abroad. An example text would be:

"Hi, your goodybag has just expired. Until you get a new goodybag you will be charged 10p per minute for calls, 6p per text and Mobile Internet is charged at no more than 20p a day (up to 20MB), Cheers"

bmw4175

remove @mention limits

by bmw4175 ‎28-08-2014 04:40 - edited ‎28-08-2014 19:44

Hi folks Just a quick simple one :smileyhappy:

Everybody that is a regular to the community knows what  @ mention is but I bet not many of you know that in any one post you can only do a maximum of ten. I myself did not know this but earlier I had to write a post that I needed  to mention 15 people  so I did it all pressed 'post' and then got the message about not been able to post my msg as I'd exceeded the limit of 10 mentions so I had to do 2 posts just to get them all in.  But this kind of messed up the point of my post

So as I said it's a very simple idea but can we get the limit removed so if we need to mention more than 10 people then we can do it all in the same post? 

Well thats all folks so I welcome your comments and don't forget to click the kudo button to show your support if you like my idea. 

Thanks

Bmw4175 

bmw4175

travelodge vending machines-giffgaff sims

by bmw4175 on ‎18-08-2014 18:21

I've currently been staying in a travelodge which is classed as a budget hotel, even though it's lovely here. 

In reception they have a vending machine that sells drinks, chocolate, crisps but no sim cards! 

Now in the month I've been here there are many people from abroad and this is there first stop after the airport so how about giffgaff doing a deal with travelodge and getting there sim cards into there vending machines. 

Travelodge is a budget hotel with over 500 hotels throughout the uk all with these vending machines in so how about giffgaff, the budget network, as I've said try and get there Sims into these vending machines? 

The incentive for travelodge is they could get the Sims free from giffgaff and charge say 99p per sim, which seems to be the going rate to buy a sim say in a newsagent.

A very simple idea but one I think could get giffgaff a lot more new members as after all if the person staying here, in a budget hotel, then surely they'd love to find out about the budget network? 

So over to you guys :smileyhappy:

I have been a gg member for about 4 years now. I have not had cause to contact an agent for over two years but I now find that the system has changed. I now find it very difficut to find the ask an agent link - I spent ages looking all over the site - eventually found a link posted by someone else and followed that - but I do feel that it should be much easier to find. When I eventually got to it I was then stumped by choices which did not match my query and required fields which were not relevent - so in the end I made up something just to get to the next stage. 

I understand that using drop down boxes and required fields might save time - but surely there must be a "none of the above" option. The agents are obviously used to this as they have answered my queries fully and promptly - but I do hate filling in rubbish just because the computer says I have to.

sloz

The need for a mid priced goodybag with more minutes

by sloz mainframe R us ‎23-08-2014 07:49 - edited ‎23-08-2014 08:06
A lot of the recent emphasis has been about data. That's been discussed and the new data amounts have been decided,
but I feel there needs to be another goodybag with more minutes ( which I raised here)

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Extra-goodybag-needed/m-p/12322976

There's a large monetary gap between the £10 goodybag with 500 minutes and the £18 goodybag with 2000 minutes.

There needs to be a goodybag in between,
that provides someone (who is not particularly interested in a data allowance) with more minutes

My idea is to have a goodybag priced at £14 with 1000 to 1200 minutes along with 1gb data and unlimited texts.
I think pricing it at £15 would cause confusion and mix up's with the current £15 goodybag and £14 is right in the middle of the £10 and £18 goodybags
kathleen414

IDEA : Access payback for topping up or buying a goody bag each month

by kathleen414 ‎20-08-2014 00:43 - edited ‎20-08-2014 01:43

Hi everyone
I think the members should be able to access their payback balance each month but only to top up credit or buy goodybags
This would help members each month with costs and the payback would be generated back to giffgaff so it's a win win

And as  your payback balance is reset each month  it seems odd you can't access it when you need to use it occasionally and this way it only benefits the members and giffgaff themselves as full payback at 6 months may never be spent with giffgaff anyway

If you agree please support this idea

lawarcbur79

free voicemail with or without credit

by lawarcbur79 on ‎31-07-2014 11:14

i think we should receive our voicemails free with or without credit as long as you have topped up in the last 3 months, there is nothing more frustrating than missing a call and you have used up all your mins, i think this could give giffgaff another edge again in the market.

Top up £5

by 78697 on ‎07-08-2014 04:50
We should be able to purchase £5 airtime credit rather than £10 (minimum).

rhelan

WiFi on the Underground: a possibility?

by rhelan on ‎29-08-2014 00:51

Hi all,

It has come to my attention, now that Three has joined the list of other mobile networks which can access Virgin Media's WiFi on the London Underground, including o2. With this in mind, would it be possible to add giffgaff to the list? I'm running out of reasons not to switch to Three these days.

rhelan

ian011

Goodybag clarification on price list page

by ian011 ‎20-08-2014 18:31 - edited ‎22-08-2014 22:31

Some of the most common questions in the help forum are:

"I bought a Goodybag. Why is my call credit balance depleting?"

and

"I bought a Goodybag. Why can't I call 084 and/or 087 numbers?"

One of the most common answers posted in response to these questions is:

"Have a look at the price list page to see what is and is not included in goodybag allowances."

Upon looking at the price list page it rapidly becomes apparent that there is no such explanation of what is and is not included in goodybag allowances.

Can I suggest adding on the price list page a large "g" (for goodybag) or a miniature goodybag icon next to each of the items that goodybag allowances can cover? Furthermore, code it such that clicking this icon also takes you through to the goodybags page itself.

Idea Issue Tracker

bmw4175

the new unlimited £15 goodybag

by bmw4175 ‎21-08-2014 14:55 - edited ‎21-08-2014 15:31

So existing members will still be able to buy the unlimited £15 goodybag but not be able to change it or they'll not be able to buy it again. 

giffgaff is meant to be about been able to choose what ever goodybag you want depending on your needs at any given time so I propose that you should be able to buy the £15 goodybag but if one month you decide on a different bag you shouldn't lose the option to buy the unlimited £15 goodybag. 

Very simple so if you agree you know what to do! :smileyhappy:

Very confusing but from what I understand you can use another goodybag for inbetween but only once and you have to then queue the £15 unlimited bag or you lose it for ever??? 

Just make it so long as your a member before this date kicks in you will still be entitled to buy the unlimited bag when ever you want. 

Or are giffgaff trying to trick people into losing the right to this goodybag with all this confusion? 

plus this is like a contact only if you forget you've lost it!  You may as well go to virgin and get unlimited everything for £15 a month on a 30 day rolling contact! 

Don't forget to kudos the idea to add your support :smileywink:

i_am_sy

Balance Notice on website and App

by i_am_sy ‎02-08-2014 23:46 - edited ‎02-08-2014 23:48
Hi, I have noticed a lot of people coming to the community with a problem with their balance, and/data usage, this is normally when the website or app says they have less credit than they do, a lot of these people are not very happy as they believe there credit has disapeared.

I would like to add a note to balance amount shown, for example:

"If you believe this amount is not correct, then please dial *100# for confirmation"

I believe this would reduce the amount of customers that are confused as to why the credit has as far as they know gone.

Thanks
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count