Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message

Most of us will have other sims, from offers, travel, or that came with a new phone.

How about with a system similar to Hokey Cokey, giffgaff has its own number & calls to this number us the money paid for receiving that call (the termination charge) into a fund that can donate to foodbanks (or their other charity donations)?

So when you return with your holiday sim, the sim you got with 2000 free mins, or the £20 sim credit with your orange/EE phone you are intending to use here; you call up the giffgaff charity number & just left the minutes run out (I suspect there would be no need to do it in 60 min calls).

Basically it would mean money that would normally stay with the other mobile companies is going to the giffgaff charity number.

I have over 3000 extra mins left this month on my data sims, so others must have similar too.

Itemised usage log.

by chillpill90 on ‎29-01-2015 13:33

I have been using giffgaff for years now and I find that at the end of each month I get a usage summary about how many texts I have sent, who I have called the most and how much data I have used as well as other useful information. Now I do love this feature and it its great.

I think that what giffgaff should implement is a itemised system on our accounts. So lets say you have called someone and need or want to find the number incase you accidentally lose it off your phone then you can find it. I mean at the moment giffgaff can track how long we are on the phone, how many texts we send etc so this should be quite simple to implement. It is also one feature that alot of other networks have and I feel that this is needed to keep up with other networks. 

I personally had an issue with a job where they were disputing when about if i had called in to work to let them know that I was off work and cos my battery had been removed from my phone I lost my call log.If there was a itemised usage/call log keep on our accounts that we can log in to see then it would have helped as I could have printed it out and sorted things out for me.

Sim Activity Checker

by alibrightwell on ‎04-01-2015 10:32

After 6 months of inactivity a giffgaff sim will be deactivated. At present the only way to find out when this will happen is to check your call and text logs, work out when you last topped up (source), or wait for an email from giffgaff warning you of your sim's impending doom (source).

I would like to suggesst a Sim Activity Checker for the dashboard/My giffgaff page. This could simply be a link to a page showing 2 dates: one for when the sim was last considered active, and another for when the sim is due to expire/become deactived.

I spend quite a lot of time overseas, and I selected giffgaff because of its flexibility. I love that I can get a contract-like deal for my sim for just a month or two at a time, and avoid paying over the odds with payg or getting a contract that I simply won't use. I can only imagine that there are many other users just like me.

Being able to check sim activity for intermittent but committed users like myself would be a real help. Not only will it help us to avoid losing our numbers and credit, but it will also give us a quick and easy way to check our sim's activity and put our minds at rest, without having to scramble around for call logs or emails.

I hope you like this idea and can show your support.

Ali

4G goodybags suggestions

by khalil337 on ‎28-01-2015 20:18
I think giffgaff should offer more data on the 4g goodybags
£10- 2/3 gb data 250 mins unlimited text
£15- /7/10 gb data 500 mins unlimited text
£20- 15/20 gb data 1000 mins unlimited texts

4g gigabags

by flyer22 on ‎19-01-2015 09:24

These would be great. Tesco Mobile are now doing them and their offer is good. Nudge Nudge!

Personalised Goodbags

by elijoby12 on ‎03-01-2015 17:31

GiffaGaff For The People By The People. (I love this idea) 

So my idea goes like this- Instead of having set plans i.e £12 for so many minutes, texts, and data; you have the option to pick how many minutes, texts, and data you want. The cost is processed from the relavant ammounts you choice, and everyone is happy (hopefully).

I'm not sure if this makes much sense (the festive times have certainly catched up with my senses) so I've attached a picture I created on paint. You're welcome to even use my wonderful 'slider' idea and the catch phrase. 

Peas xGiff~Gaff Idea.png

giffgaff's guides

by cps15966 on ‎20-01-2015 14:02

Just a little idea that would be simple to implement....

Anyine that has been here just a short while will know that most answers to technical queries already have official giffgaff guides and answers. They normally show with a giffgaff symbol in front of the text (see below).

We should firstly promote this before other answers as this is updated by gg and kept up to date when things change.

The idea - All official gg answers to start with the same text. I suggest this is also promoted and shown as a "How to" guide. If all these start with "How to" also then any searches would come up firstly with the official gg guides. It would standardise things.....

1.jpg

View agent messages quicker and easier!

by muffinface ‎20-01-2015 01:30 - edited ‎20-01-2015 01:45

Having dealt with giffgaff's lovely agents frequently over the past few weeks, I think it would be wonderful if:

1. The back-and-forth messages between the agent and the customer could be colour-coded so they become distinguishable from each other, and therefore easier to read for those of us with poor vision or learning difficulties. At the moment, a single incident's messages are basically a big wall of unfriendly text!

2. You could opt in to receive an alert (either text or email would be fine) when your incident gets updated by an agent. Otherwise I found I ended up checking constantly throughout the day to see if an agent had replied yet.

That's all, thanks. (:

Change courier company

by franface on ‎25-01-2015 15:43
I had completely appalling service from UK Mail, wasting three whole days sitting in waiting for my phone. I got no support from their phone centre, despite dozens of calls. In the end I had to get a lift and drive the 40-min round-trip to the depot and collect it myself.

I was raving about GiffGaff to my family when I told them I was getting a new phone through you, and they were thinking of doing the same. But now my frustrating experience has scared them off, because they don't want to deal with UK Mail. The review websites and their Twitter feed (and that of "UK Fail") shows my experience wasn't isolated.

I suggest GiffGaff move to a different courier asap - while they're delivering to GG customers then they are part of the face of GG, and we don't want any part of such a poor reputation.

I recently found out a new network, VECTONE, that offers a similar goodybag (even if it is not called like this) but for £10 they offer 2gb more than GiffGaff (so 3GB in total) and 500 minutes of calls between national and international numbers. 

I think GiffGaff should think to include at least interational calls to our goodybags! 

Considering that many of us live in London and are from different countries, this feuture would make a massive difference!

Share your thoughts! :smileywink:

On nearly all networks (both prepaid and postpaid) including giffgaff, consumers have no reasonable option but to buy their mobile phone usage in monthly allowances or bundles of minutes, texts and data, which we know as goodybags. Imagine if we had to buy electricity and gas in this way – guessing how much you will consume in a month and then wasting any units that you don't use by the end of the month. Consumers wouldn't tolerate it with energy, so why do we tolerate this practice with mobile phone services?

If you don't buy your mobile usage in monthly allowances or goodybags, then the per-minute, per-text or per-megabyte charges are prohibitively high. The only network that offers reasonable incremental pricing is Three – 3p/min, 2p/text and 1p/MB. On the other hand, giffgaff charges 20p/MB (£200/GB) after the first 20MB each day, yet it offers a monthly bundle where a gigabyte costs just £7.50.

The only purpose of monthly allowances and goodybags is to charge the consumer in full for usage that isn't fully consumed and to charge prohibitively high rates for any usage outside the monthly allowance or bundle. This practice favours mobile networks without giving any advantages to consumers. It’s fine to offer volume discounts, e.g. reduce the incremental price per minute, text or megabyte after certain usage level each month, but forcing consumers to pay for usage that they don’t actually consume is absurd. If this happened in the energy sector, Ofgem would clamp down on it quickly, but when it happens in the telecoms sector, Ofcom allows it to become the norm.

I therefore propose that giffgaff abolish goodybags and instead charge on an incremental basis based on actual consumption with volume discounts. Examples of such pricing could be as follows:

• 10p/min for the first 10 minutes per month, then 1p/min for all subsequent minutes
  • 10p/text for the first 5 texts each month, then 1p/text or free
  • 1p/MB for the first 500MB each month, then 0.75p/MB for the next 500MB, then 0.5p/MB for all subsequent data

I am not proposing these exact prices; these are only examples of how a volume discount could work without goodybags in practice.

Giffgaff top up cards

by andrearourke69 on ‎25-01-2015 01:52
why can we not have a giffgaff top up card along with our ordered sims or have the ability to register an O2 top up card to top up our accounts?<br>Not everyone likes to use cards, but the only current way to top up via cash is to faff about with a voucher, baring in mind that O2 vouchers only come in £10, £15, £20, £25. No good if your goodybag is £12 Or £18

Unlimited 4G Goodybag

by mattcarr on ‎29-01-2015 18:04
I use my phone for work constantly and think it would be a great idea if there was an Unlimited 4G Goodybag, maybe £22

Unlimited calls
Unlimited texts
Unlimited 4G
Free GiffGaff to GiffGaff

Thoughts??

sims

by umar3251 on ‎28-01-2015 16:52
Giffgaff should design their sim as all 3types ofsim in one I had an EE sim designed like that it makes it easier when switching phone

payback

by pete694 on ‎13-01-2015 14:29

here is an idea why can't we save up our pay back for as long as we need to and buy a new phone from giffgaff as it stands now unless i am wrong we have three choices 1 phone credit 2 charity 3 cash into paypal well i'd like to see a 4th choice phone bank that i don't need to cash out every three month as you have to now what are peoples thoughts on this

If a member inserts a giffgaff SIM into an IMEI-blacklisted phone, giffgaff automatically rejects all GSM services to/from that phone, i.e. calls and texts. 3G and 4G data are unaffected. The phone generally reports an error such as "No service" or "Can't connect to network", which causes the member lots of confusion as he/she can still use data. The member then tends to come on to the help and support forum and posts a cryptic/ranty/confused message; it takes several posts and often a referral to the paid-for Checkmend service in order to get to the bottom of the issue. Even then the member often refuses to believe or accept that the phone he purchased has been reported stolen.

The proposal therefore is that if giffgaff detects an IMEI-blacklisted device being used on the network, it should send an email and display a prominent notification on the member's dashboard to say so, with links to a Knowledge Base article where they can get more information. Saves members trying to guess what is wrong, saves them the £1.99 on a Checkmend report (I know it's not much but every little helps), and also provides them with good evidence to take back to whoever sold them the duff phone.

European Goodybag

by crypticmiss on ‎02-12-2014 16:18
As I travel a lot, sometimes for long periods in Europe, it is prohibitively expensive to even receive calls on Giffgaff let alone make them. Is it possible to have a goody bag for use in Europe. I currently put my Giffgaff on hold and buy a sim in the relevant country, but this means people in the UK cannot get hold of me on my different number. I think Giffgaff is great value and this would be a great help for anyone holidaying in Europe. Thanks. Please give kudos if you think this is a good idea.

2GB goody bag?

by molliedawson98 on ‎25-01-2015 11:39
1GB isn't enough but 3GB I think is a bit excessive, just a thought.
i don't know whether this is technically possible, but if you have more than one account ( eg a phone and a tablet), it would be useful to be able to store all user logins on the GiffGaff app so you can easily and quickly switch between them on a single device. This would make it easier for me to keep a check on my usages, rather than having to keep logging out and logging back in.

More Goodybags per price tier

by lorizle on ‎18-01-2015 02:28

I have read many ideas and threads about making goodybags more flexible and they all seem to be great ideas on the surface that unfornately get pushed 'figuratively' to one side either because they would be to expensive to implement, because other networks have already tried and failed using that tactic or even because the ideas were a bit 'too big' to try to attempt.

Examples of said ideas:

1.http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Pick-and-Mix-Goodybags/idi-p/15787995

2.http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Create-your-own-Goodybag/idi-p/10206

Too many others to list without turning this into an essay, so I'll stick with these two simply for the sake of having examples.

Imagine this:

£5 goodybag - offers 2 seperate goodybags to choose from for this price.

£10 goodybag - offers 2 seperate goodybags to choose from for this price.

£12 goodybag - offers less mins - less texts and more data alowance.

£15 goodybag - Remains exactly the same.

£18 goodybag (£20 from 1st April 2015) - Remains exactly the same.

Not too many changes and nothing that should be too difficult, expensive or ULTRA time consuming to accomplish. As for the goodybag alternatives mentioned above: 

£5 goodybag - no mins - no texts - 3gb data <to be concervative> Free to giffgaff numbers.

£10 goodybag - 750 mins - 500 texts - 500mb data - Free to giffgaff numbers.

£12 goodybag - (This isn't a suggestion for an alternative, but a replacement for the orginal)

250 UK minutes - 500 UK texts - 5 GB Internet - Free to giffgaff numbers.

If you haven't commited the current price plans to memory yet then here is a link: 

https://giffgaff.com/buy/goodybag

To close; these price plans would not be interchangeable or "mix 'n' match" but would be fixed just like the current goodybags but, with More options. I think this offers a better variety that woud appeal to a wider audience. I am now officially open ears for all comments; please offer Real reasons why you think that this would not or should not be implemented and not just "I don't agree with this idea" I really thought about this and would love to get some positive criticism if anything. I also welcome anyone who would like this idea to be implemented, let's be a voice together and hopefully we'll be heard. Thank you all for your time =]

Announcements

Weekly Poll
How do you mainly get your Entertainment fix?
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors