Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message

I just thought that it might be good idea to offer a cashback system for when you don't use a considerable amount of your texts, minutes or data from your goodybag. It could work off percentages so that you could get a bit of money back if you used less than say 25% of your contract materials.

If this idea has already been posted, sorry I didn't find it.

If not, who's with me?

Jaz

I'm a fairly savvy tech user, but it took me a while to figure I needed to go to the "payments" page to change my recurring goodybag.  I'm sure there used to be a "change" link next to the recurring goodybag on the "My account" page.

Please bring it back/implement.  I can't be the only one with this problem (although I don't have the problem anymore :-)  ) !!

Thanks.

theoriginalgiff

No 'expiry date' on gigabags

by theoriginalgiff on ‎06-11-2014 16:25
Hello,

I'm new to both giffgaff and the whole message board/forum thing, so forgive me if this has been covered already, but I'd like to suggest that - as with airtime credit for calls and texts - why not scrap the expiry time on the gigabags? Why not work it so that the gigabag lasts until the user has used up all of their data allowance, rather than simply expiring after a month?
This would be helpful to lighter data users, who might take 2/3 months to use-up their allowance.

If you like the sound of this, why not get on-board!

starturn

giffgaff Community Trust

by starturn on ‎20-11-2014 12:19

Hi all.

Just voted in the charity payback selection, and brought me around to thinking perhaps this could be further developed.

Being involved in a small local charity myself, we often find it difficult to fund our activities, sums of a couple of hundred pounds often make a huge difference.

We recently recieved a grant from a well known national company, and the mileage they got through logo branding and press reports far exceeded the value of the money donated!

Perhaps a scheme could be developed to allow for grants to be made for small organisations in different sectors of the country. I think that way money could be further spread and benefit more.

I don't think voting would work for such a small localised scheme, but a properly constructed application process would mean that the money only went to 'bona fida' groups, which satisfied a strict criteria.

By spreading the payback more, local groups would benefit, alongside perhaps one major national charity.

Comments welcome!

Regards

_mozzy

Make it easy to report Typographic errors

by _mozzy on ‎18-11-2014 00:45

There used to be a thread to report 'Gaffs' which seemed to have a lot of support but then it petered out. There was a link then to another thread of typos which were being corrected, which seemed to get fewer and fewer posts and seemed to be ceased by common agreement.

I have actually read both of these threads all the way through. Tonight I read through the complete thread concerning the Development Hub. It occurred to me that there ought to be a team of proofreaders like the development teams for the apps who could go through ideas correcting english before they went live.

I had a new PM today:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We see you have been busy again, helping our Community members get the best out of giffgaff :smileyhappy:.

To show our thanks and appreciation we have moved you up a rung on our ranking ladder - your new rank is now dabbler. To share your acheievement and see what other members have been doing why not post in the Share Your Achievements thread. For more information on the rank system be sure to check out this helpful thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first spotted the typographic error in achievement a few ranks ago, I hadn't grasped that it was an 'automatic' PM triggered by some random activity I had provoked, giving me a new rank.

But today I tried to report it and could find nowhere to do it.

We need somewhere to trigger corrections.

I am willing to proofread and make corrections if given the wherewithal.

'mozzy

mdanyal

Bring back unlimited text goodybag for £5

by mdanyal on ‎22-11-2014 15:51

I really don't understand why users voted for the removal of the £5 unlimted text goodybag anyone else think giffgaff should bring it back?

bigfriendlydog

Giff Gaff Abroad

by bigfriendlydog on ‎15-11-2014 12:28
I travel abroad quite a bit but I am amazed at how much it costs to use my phone. Could Giff Gaff not come up with a reasonable package to use abroad that includes data download, phone and texting. Sometimes it is not safe to use cafe's Wi Fi if as an example I have to contact my bank or pay a bill. I intend in the future to travel abroad for a few months and a good overseas package would be great

xollobru

Introduce Trio (3 in 1) Sims

by xollobru ‎12-10-2014 00:56 - edited ‎12-10-2014 01:08

I received a replacement sim from 3 in the post today as my new phone uses a different size to my old one and the new sim is what they call a Trio Sim in that it is a standard/micro/nano all in one!

No more need to perform a sim swap if and when someone changes mobiles and they take different sizes obviously assuming that they remember to keep the spare bits but they do clip back together for safe keeping.

Just a thought in that any extra costs in sourcing and supplying these new style sims will hopefully help reduce the need for and cost of sim swaps.

Kudos this idea if you think that giffgaff should look at supplying these sims, thank you!

Edited to add: Obviously this would also help if someone doesn't know which size sim to order or makes a mistake when ordering

IMG_20141012_242728671.jpg

IMG_20141012_242803677.jpg

So been advised by an educator that this is worth posting here so here goes. When the charity nominations come about it seems that smaller charities get ignored so since payback happens twice a year what I was thinking is have one of those only open to big national charities and have the other one for members to suggest only small local charities that way they won't be overlooked by everyone automatically voting for the big charities they are already familiar with. As if one period was only open to members nominating local charities from their area then most members won't be familiar with most of them and will have to research them to decide who to vote for. This will give small charities a bigger chance of winning as they are only competing with each other and not the big ones and on the flip side bigger ones are only competing with each other and not pretty much ruling out local charities by automatically being already in the public conciseness.

On the New Ideas forum, there are a lot of duplicates – ideas where different people at different times have suggested basically the same idea.

Where the idea is a good one, each submission attracts a fresh batch of Kudos and (usually) a comment that the idea has already been suggested.

As each suggestion must gather sufficient Kudos for it to be considered, where multiple suggestions for the same idea have occurred, the kudos the idea gains is diluted with each subsequent re-suggestion.

So here’s the idea:

GiffGaff should add the newly awarded Kudos for the duplicate idea onto any gained in the original idea’s posting, so that the tally of Kudos for the idea is the sum of all the votes for the idea rather than it being spread across multiple submissions (which reduces its likelihood of ever being properly considered).

Kudo this idea if you like agree.

As mark of respect for all the people who gave there lives from countries all over the world be different race colour or creed or what everside they fought on  The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month the forum should fall silent as when we have lithium mantainence page we should have message saying giffgaff are marking this moment for people to remember and reflect on the futility of wars

Click here to go to the British legion website

The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month

marks the signing of the Armistice, on 11th November 1918, to signal the end of World War One. At 11 am on 11 November 1918 the guns of the Western Front fell silent after more than four years continuous warfare.

What is Remembrance Day? Remembrance Day is on 11 November. It is a special day set aside to remember all those men and women who were killed during the two World Wars and other conflicts. At one time the day was known as Armistice Day and was renamed Remembrance Day after the Second World War.

Right now the 4G goodybags are on offer so they should just make the 3G users into 4G users becsaue they cost the same for the samethings.

dylanhere

Goodybags Revamp

by dylanhere on ‎25-11-2014 02:49

I'm sure you've seen a ton of ideas similar to this, but please hear me out: To start off with, I'd just like to say that the £5.00 and £7.50 are perfect in my opinion. Moving on, I think 3G and 4G goodybags could cost a bit less. Like many other giffgaff members, I think that 4G should come at no extra cost. If giffgaff are reluctant to not doing this, then please sacrifice part of your goodybags to lower the price:

Texts are ruled out of this comparison because they're unlimited on £7.50 goodybags and up. On 4G, please lower the £12.00 goodybag with 1GB of data to £10.00, and half the minutes to 250 minutes. Everyone is different, most people will use minutes and data, but usually more of one than the other. If someone prefers 4G over 3G, then I think it's same to assume that that person is more reluctant on data than minutes.

For the £15.00 4G goodybag with 3GB of data, please lower this to £12.00. Once again, please half the minutes to 250.

The £18.00 4G goodybag with 5GB data, an increase of minutes to 1000 was nice, however I'm sure it's not what people want if they're switching to 4G. Please lower the price to £15.00 and the minutes to 500, or even 250 if needed.

For the £15.00 unlimited 3G goodybag, please announce when you're going to remove it. Not only does unlimited data clog up the network, it's even more frustrating when some members can get it and others can't, due to the date on when they joined.

For the £18.00/£20.00 unlimited 3G goodybag, please lower the data to 5GB, unlimited data is the major cause of congestion on the network. As well as that, please increase the minutes. If someone is using this goodybag, more than likely they're on the phone for hours on end, using up a lot of minutes. If the data is going to be lowered, then please keep the price at £18.00 and up the minutes if possible

Thank you for reading.

bluemoonbaz

PayBack rollover no expiry

by bluemoonbaz ‎30-10-2014 19:38 - edited ‎30-10-2014 19:49

Good evening 

I think payback should be able to rollover more than once and I fact you should be able to choose to rollover at every payback  windows 

This could be for many reasons ..

You may only have a small amount or you may wish to wait until you have enough to purchase something 

But for whatever reason it should be a giffgaff members choice to either take payback or rollover to a payback windows of their choice after #werealltheboss

Ie

June 2015

Dec  2015

If you agree please support this idea by kudos 

Here's what happens now 

7.4. If you do not notify us how you want to use your Payback Points within the Selection Period, any Payback Points you have accumulated during the last Payback Period shall roll-over into the following Payback Period. Such roll-over only applies once and any Payback Points which have previously rolled over shall be removed from your Account.

https://giffgaff.com/boiler-plate/terms#Payback

chezpitt

free internet home page

by chezpitt on ‎24-11-2014 20:43

as i work away alot and dont always have acess to the internet, when my goodybag or credit runs out im not able to top up a goodybag online an recieve the benefits of topping up online. when you have no internet left, it should take you to giffgaff home page to allow you to top up again! would be very helpfull for me. cheers x

drhpc

new goodybag

by drhpc on ‎27-11-2014 14:30

what is the general view on  agoodybag at £10 per month,

that includes 1000 UNITS  ( 1unit per text one unit per minute)  PLUS SOME INTERNET AND THE USUAL GG  AND 0800 FREECALLS with top up every 3 months?

:smileyhappy:

davemanship

Data display after call

by davemanship on ‎21-11-2014 12:15
when you finish a call and you get shown how many minutes you have left and your balance would it be possible to add how much data you have left as well?
mujhussain

Pay by pay pal

by mujhussain on ‎03-11-2014 20:42
I think we should pay by pal pal as it will be a lot easy and more people will use

Hi fellow giffgaffers, 

I've been helping out for a while now on the the support forum and one thing I've noticed a lot is that people don't mention the model of phone they need help with. So, with that in mind, how about having a phone selector box when someone posts in the support forum. That way, people trying to help would know exactly what phone they're helping with without having to ask. 

It could just be a drop down selection box for make, then model or just manually type it in and have a short message highlighting that people should fill the box in if they're asking for help (that way, those answering could just leave it blank). This selection would then appear at the top or bottom of the message body letting helpers know exactly what phone they're helping with. 

I believe this could save a lot of time and help to make the advice of helpers as accurate as possible. 

Please show your support if you agree. 

kathleen414

Ideas in the vault brought back if they reach the required kudos

by kathleen414 ‎09-11-2014 19:57 - edited ‎09-11-2014 20:27

Hi everyone 

IDEA

When you post an idea and it doesn't reach the required support within the time frame allowed 

Your idea is sent to the Vault .

So my idea is if your idea then receives the required support at a later date it should be released from the vault .

Why you ask ??

But not for duplicated ideas 

Well your idea may not have received the support for may reasons ..ie not many members looking or at the time a lot of more pressing ideas being put forward .

Also as the ideas section can move quickly at times new ideas come to the top and the older ideas ..even if they are very good soon disappear from view .

So if you agree please support my idea by giving kudos to this post 

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count