Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message

pause on goodybags

by kerensac on ‎03-04-2015 21:54

would it be possible to pause a goodybag if you go abroad on holiday for 2 weeks you cant use any of your goodybag while your away so would it be possible to pause the goodybag for a time limit of 2 weeks or whatever you pick till you come back even if you only have so many times your able to use it, seems a waste if you pay for a months goodybag and only get to use it for half the time

I think there should be an option where we can top up £5 because sometimes we can't afford to top up £10.
There's another reason why we should be able to top up £5, for example if you got £10 airtime balance and you want the £12 goodybag and you can simply top up another £5. And buy it. I know you can top up £10 and do that same but sometimes you don't have that type of money or it looks too much.
So overall I think £5 top up should be available. It will benefit us (giffgaff members) and giffgaff (company) aswell.

'Add a new HokeyCokey+ bag with included airtime credit'

by mawdge ‎12-04-2015 11:30 - edited ‎12-04-2015 14:32

you should be able to buy credit in a goodybag even if its just £1 depending in what goodybag you buy, maybe something like the £5 goodybag with £1 credit will cost £6 or £5 goodybag with £2 credit would be £7 but the credit wont expire when your goodybag does just so maybe that £1 can keep you going if you cant top up straight away when your goodybag runs out some people cant aford to buy a goodybag as well as £10 air time

online account statements

by chris2293 on ‎06-04-2015 16:16

online account statements

this would benefit alot of us ,we would like to know who we talk to the most, what we use our services on. phone calls, texts, and internet

just a simple statement at the end of each month telling us who we have text,called and what we've used our internet on

because it will all be online it shouldn't cost a thing as theres no paper so its no extra cost.

i have at times looked at my balance on my account and have had missing minutes and texts any i would like to find out where they have gone, ive had people text and call me who i dont even know. people who i dont speak to. this statement would be also good for parents to keep an eye on their childrens usage. what do you guys think post your comments below suggest more ideas. Other networks offer this service 

goodybag for a non smartphone

by ali991 on ‎10-04-2015 12:39
There's a lot of people who don't use a smart phone
And I've realised that there's no goodybag for that. If they buy the for example £10 goodybag then the 1GB data will go to waste.
So there should be a goodybag without data just MINUTES AND TEXTS like for £10 1000 mins and unlimited texts

International pricing texts

by littlemisszoe on ‎30-03-2015 14:29

Hi,

I wasn't sure what to call this, or what to search to see if it's been suggested before.

Basically, when a member wants to find out for example, how much it would cost to text someone in France, they have to check the pircing page.

Why not have a text service that does this?

Like, texting 'France' to 43430 would get a reply with the price for texts, calls, mms and data.

Obviously including all the countires. 

I think this would just make things easier, especially if a member can't access the internet to view the website. 

unlimated internet

by davieclarke on ‎03-04-2015 01:09

would be good if they came up with a goodybag cheaper than the £20 one that has unlimated internet and less calls and texts instead of unlimated texts on most of them just have so many text and unlimated internet

£5 top up voucher

by kmiahs786 on ‎10-04-2015 12:19
Am a student and sometimes it's too much for me to top up £10. If there was a option to buy a £5 voucher like EE then it would be really helpful to us. £10 might not sound a lot to some people but to me it does sometimes. So giffgaff take this into count and try to work on this. I want to hear what giffgaff thinks of this?

be more clear!

by bmw4175 on ‎24-03-2015 16:44

Just a quick one :smileyhappy:

So when you click onto a banner to order a sim card it says a few things about giffgaff but I've just noticed that it says this :

''Free calls & texts to giffgaff numbers

Keep in touch with your friends for free with unlimited calls & texts to giffgaff numbers.''

But no where on this page does it explain that you have to top up or buy a goodybag every 3 months to get these free allowances which could be very misleading to people that don't already know this!

So I propose that giffgaff include this information on this page even if they just add an asterisk (*) with small print at the bottom of the page explaining about the 3 month top up rule.

This should be there in the interest of fairness and it's very easy and free to implement! 

So if you agree that giffgaff should point this out then click the kudos button to show your support. 

Calls over wifi

by anita0085 on ‎08-04-2015 00:36

With all the major networks (3, O2, EE, Vodafone) announcing that they either already have or plan to launch calls over WiFi this year this is becoming a baseline service. When will giffgaff adopt this as a baseline service so we can plug the gaps in the network in the UK and make and receive calls overseas on WiFi from our goodybags http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/10/vodafone-wifi-volte-calls/ Like this if you agree

recieving calls abroad charges

by kerensac on ‎03-04-2015 01:03

why does it cast 4p a min to recieve calls when abroad could giffgaff not come up with a goodybag for abroad users to recieve free calls from giffgaff users maybe even take it off mins you have on your excisting goodybag?

Ban/Hide animated avatars!

by angelkeira ‎27-03-2015 20:17 - edited ‎27-03-2015 20:29

Animated avatars - they appear to slow my internet down when I'm reading a page, and I'm  sure they probably take more MB do download/stream than standard avatars.

Anyone else think they should not be used on giffgaff forums?

I know that there have been MANY many ideas posted all asking for threads to be locked after a certain amount of time or some other criteria has been met BUT this one is diferent.

PLEASE please read first BEFORE marking as duplicate.

Right the idea:

As giffgaff or for that matter ANY company progresses and grows new processes are introduced that either compliment or superseed the previous processes.

So I suggest that giffgaff lock any and ALL threads that have replies appertaining to the old processes to prevent new members replying to a thread making fellow newbies confused as to what advice to follow and what not to follow.

For example:

As of 1st April 2015 giffgaff have done away with the seperate BlackBerry Add On priced at £2.50 and made it free to ALL members albeit with a activation setting under the "My giffgaff" dashboard.

For more/further details on these changes please visit:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/BlackBerry-Plans-Update/td-p/16063856

HOWEVER there are litterally hundreds of threads all answering the same question:

I don't have BlackBerry services running, How do I enable them?

with the following WRONG (as of 1st April 2015) answers:

You need to purchase a BlackBerry Add On along with your goodybag. It costs price of goodybag + £2.50 extra for the Add On.

So since that  reply and others is now WRONG that thread should be locked to prevent any further confusion to members.

Also on the same note I think that instead of editing/removing KB articles the following should be done:

Put everything appertaining to the previous correct Knowledge reply into the Spoiler and above it add the new correct Knowledge.

So a working example:

How to use BlackBerry Email, BIS and Browser:

Please go to your Dashboard at www.giffgaff.com/dashboard and on the phone settings tab you will find a tick box to active the BlackBerry service. This Add On is provided to members FREE of charge by giffgaff.

Previous outdated KB reply for this article:

Spoiler
Visit the top up page at www.giffgaff.com/topup and click the BlackBerry tab to purchase a BlackBerry goodybag for the usual price of the goodybag + an extra £2.50 for the Add On for example the £10 goodybag with Add On will cost £12.50

ill_003a.jpg

emergancy credit

by davieclarke on ‎12-04-2015 12:24

i know people have came up with the idea of emergancy credit before but how about if you can pick an option for giffgaff to hold some of your credit of your choice and you have that there for emergancy use if you run out of credit and need to call someone just phone a number or send a text of how much you want to take as credit, what do you think? would it be possible?

I propose a much cheaper gigabag with substantially less data than the current ones or potentialy similarly priced gigabags that last for much longer. Possibly 3 or 6 months. The idea is for them to be a solution for independent machine to machine devices.

Some background...

There is this thing being talked about called the 'internet of things', it's proper name is machine to machine, or M2M for short and it's an IP based system for connecting things to the internet or networks. Currently and over the next year there'll be a lot of these things being made, soime by large companies and some by people in garages. This is a video from a current Kickstarter campaign from spark.io, some other companies such as GPS chipset manufacturer ublox have products out now too

http://www.u-blox.com/en/wireless-modules.html

Things like the Raspberry Pi and Arduino have really taken off in a big way and enabled many people to engage in home made electronics, both hardware and software. M2M is the next logical progression of that and is guaranteed to be a big deal but currently mobile data plan wise there's nothing for customers that don't have a dedicated financial team to organise enterprise contracts. The big three networks already have wholesale enterprise M2M solutions for large scale companies (and lots of info on M2M)

http://m2m.vodafone.com/

http://www.o2.co.uk/enterprise/services/m2m

http://wholesale.three.co.uk/

That is the background in a nutshell.

The proposal?

To be the first UK no contract MVNO to offer something for independent and small scale M2M makers and users. There is literally nothing like this currently on the UK market.

Why so little data?

Internet connected M2M devices don't use much data and nor do they necesarrily need a constant connection. They send bytes of data (tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny amounts), it'll just be something like a line of code or a geolocation, quite literally just a few bytes of data. There's no need for a gigabag with 500mb because approximately 499.9999.........mb would be left unused each month. A far smaller gigabag or one that lasts a helluva lot longer would tempt a lot of people...I say a lot but that's relative.

Is it right for giffgaff and why not use PAYG

PAYG is good but has odd pricing and isn't really for that. A product line that is geared specifically towards M"M and the internet of things is both enabling, simple to understand and sends a great brand message that giffgaff are a forward thinking company concerned with morte than mere mobile phones. It says 'this is the future and we want to get in on the ground floor'. (apologies if that sounds hyperbolic, I feel dirty having just written that).

I am by no means an expert in M2M, what the data needs are or what specifically would make an enticing plan but flexible data costs starting RIDICULOUSLY LOW and with as little maintenance as possible sounds good to me.

Disadvantages

Honestly? Not gonna be a big seller or make a whole lot of money but it won't lose money. The amount of people doing this on a scale that would need an cheap MVNO are are going to be extremely low buit are only going to grow.

Advantages

Getting in super early and offering something before there is even a demand for it. Brand wise it's a huge differentiator and opens up giffgaff to hardcore technical enthusiasts. And you can have a page on the website about the internet of things and how giffgaff are an MVNO with ambitions to facilitate that.

picture text in goodybag

by kermit222 on ‎03-04-2015 20:51

would be good if you could use so many texts from a goodybag to send a picture message maybe 3 text to send 1 picture message

One day all you can eat goodybags

by andyxhill on ‎11-04-2015 00:06

Soemtimes you need a lot but just for a short time.So how about 24hrs unlimited calls text and data for ..say...£3?

I'm hoping Iam not the only one here thinking this?

There seems to be NO feature for Registering more than 1 sim card to an account???

Let's say I want a 2nd number to be activated?

I don't want to HAVE TO setup another giffgaff account online just so I can have a second Sim or a 3rd Sim. There should be a tab on the Sim activation page or a seperate page stating the Mobile Numbers on the account with its relevant airtime details also featured underneat, by side etc. Also having to submit your same details over multiple accounts might be a slight security risk???

Sometimes having to setup another giffgaff account to activate a 2nd or 3rd Sim can be confusing and time consuming especially when you may be the only owner of those 2-3 sims. It would be much easier to manage via only 1 giffgaff account???? It would only be 1 Password to remember, I have read comments of other members not rmembering passwords or the email/user name for the 2nd or 3rd Sim registered even for a TEMP basis?! This has then lead to problems sometimes with the Payment System chosen such as Auto/Repeat pay monthly and the Sim might not be in direct use after a period of time but payments still being made to that Sim Account??

I think this needs to be looked into?

giff gaff Members Benefits

by tektris on ‎10-04-2015 22:01
Make giffgaff more irresistible. For example ... Spotify / Netflix membership? Discount cinema tickets? Payback is great but lets have something else on top make giffgaff more satisfying to its current customer base and more appealing to potential customers on other networks

New activation video

by traelkom on ‎28-03-2015 09:57

When the very first time you activate a giffgaff sim you do not really know how this is going to work.

I suggest to create a video conteining informations about activation, how to get help forums and top up.

This can be very helpful, as last time that a friend of mine activated a sim that I gave to him , he really did not understand how to do it (even though he is up to date with the tecnology), so I helped him via phone call.

Plese support this

traelkom:smileyhappy:

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count