Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message

International Roaming Goody Bags

by 0450 on ‎08-10-2014 13:34

At last twice a year I find myself in the United States. I've experimented with buying disposable SIMs and the like but realistically, if I'm making a call I'll use an OTT service through a WiFi connection. Outgoing calls on my mobile are minimal so really the service is needed for incoming calls.

With my last provider, typically my bill increased by £60 to £80 for months containing a visit to the US. These tend to be business trips and tend to last 5 to 6 days.

As things stand at the moment and given Giffgaff's international (non-EU) roaming rates, my Giffgaff SIM will be in a drawer somewhere for the duration of the trip.

That's reasonable income that Giffgaff is leaving on the table.

Giffgaff should offer international Goody Bags. These can be country specific. Also, they can have a shorter life than traditional Goody Bags.

While cost saving would be good, one of the principle aims here would be to "cap" spending while abroad -- so it'd be really neat if roaming was automatically disabled once the international Goody Bag had been consumed.

I'd happily buy a £50 US Goody Bag for my next trip in a couple of weeks time.

Just because I want to be in control of my spending on my mobile phone doesn't mean that I wont spend.

Giffgaff, broaden your offering.

Thanks for listening.

Simon

ripbox

Turn Goodybag into Air time

by ripbox on ‎22-10-2014 14:03

Hello my fellow giffgaffers

As we all know here at giffgaff we can turn Air time into a goodybag for some brilliant package deals, we all love this idea and it works well.
After some thinking about the Cash back thread http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Cashback-for-unused-texts-minutes-and-d... there have been some positive and some negative thoughts.... well maybe this will win over those negative thoughts.
The Idea simple as you may tell from the title....
Turning Goodybags back into Air Time!
This is not only a reason to get back cash back as in the cash back thread linked above, it also helps where a member needs Air Time to use weather they are travelling abroad, only have data allowance left or texts and need to make that all important phone call for whatever reason.
There will be much to deliberate and a system to be put in place and of course a percentage (exchange rate if you like) so that giffgaff still profit (i.e. unlimited texts/data Defaulted) or % deducted from £x goody bag.

I hope and trust this idea will go down well with the vast majorty of the community but most importantly Giffgaff.

saarahibrahim

£5 goodybag

by saarahibrahim on ‎06-10-2014 21:28

Hey guys

I usually buy the £5 goodybag, but been having to buy the £7.50 goodybag because I've been using my phone a lot more and it's annoying because when I have the £5 goodybag, I really have to watch my mobile data. I think that for £5 20 MB is not sufficient and it should be slightly more, because think about it you get 250 MB for £7.50 AND unlimited texts AND 200 minutes, whereas with the £5 goodybag you get 60 minutes, 200 texts and 20MB, its not really balanced well is it? I think the £5 goodybag should offer somewhat 50-100 MB of data

What do you guys think?

awais_khan12

Calls log

by awais_khan12 on ‎19-10-2014 18:37
Hi there,
I think Giffgaff should keep a record of the numbers we call, how long it lasts and the price so we can check what we use our credit on. I hope this is implemented.
Thanks
deanljbirch

Service to 43430

by deanljbirch on ‎16-10-2014 20:05
Earlier today I was browsing YouTube on my mobile when it started playing up. Like a cat without a fiddle I was tune-less.

So I thought I'll pop on to giffgaff to check the service in my area and after 5 long minutes I realised that it wouldn't possibly work due to the fact of why I was actually checking the service.

So it got me thinking that giffgaff should set-up a service to check the service around you via text by texting the word SERVICE followed by the first part of your post code to 43430 (possibly an additional number to text from a non-giffgaff number).

Comments and Contributions below...
samuelsparrow

GiffGaff vs Lyca

by samuelsparrow on ‎20-10-2014 12:45
GiffGaff, can you consider reinstating the £15 ‘unlimited internet’ goodybag for NEW customers.

Lyca are currently offering:

Unlimited 4g internet
Unlimited Texts
500 Mins

All for £15

I know they’ll be people who say Lyca have terrible customer service, reception, it’s not unlimited, they don’t offer payback etc. etc.

However, I just don’t believe GiffGaff represents the best deal for new customers anymore.

Yes, we get payback – however, to new customers or people not willing to use the forums it’s not a real incentive – they’ll go with price first and foremost.

On top of this is the fact that Lyca offer ‘unlimited’ 4g...GiffGaffs 4g planned usage limits are pitiful in comparison.

I remember when GiffGaff offered unlimited internet on a £10 goodybag! When all this was fields...

Come on GiffGaff...it’s hard for us to sell you to friends and family when they can see better deals elsewhere...

This idea comes in several related parts.

Firstly, I understand the call price information when roaming is being revamped because the call price information shown for some parts of Europe is incorrect. That being so, the revamp seems to present a suitable opportunity to split the "international calls" and "roaming prices" information on to two separate pages. Perhaps retain http://giffgaff.com/index/international for the international prices and create a new page at http://giffgaff.com/index/roaming for the roaming prices. This will reduce the on-page clutter. Most people are interested in one topic or the other, rarely both at the same time.

Secondly, the Goodybags, Blackberry Goodybags and Gigabags pages each have a common navigation bar along the top of the page. I am now suggesting that a similar "UK Rates", "International Rates" and "Roaming Rates" navigation bar also be added across the top of the respective pages to link them together.

Thirdly, the heading "International SIM Card" seems to suggest that in order to make international calls, a separate or specific type of SIM card is required. This is not the case, but that isn't explained anywhere.

Idea Issue Tracker

mike1ceman

"other" option when asking an agent

by mike1ceman on ‎14-10-2014 22:17
So I just had to ask an agent for the first time and when I was filling in the form and it asked me what my query was regarding I noticed there was no option for "other" so my proposal and sorry if it's already been suggested is that we have an option for other or anything else. Something like that, it would mean that if your question isn't covered by one of the topics you don't have to select the wrong category which makes it less confusing for members trying to find the nearest category especially if none are really close and also easier for agents who may receive a message with one category only to find something totally different talked about in the main message
jamie1c

A complaints sub forum

by jamie1c on ‎21-10-2014 18:40

As per title, the general discussion board seems to have a few complaints threads. So would giffgaff benefit having a complaints sub forum? 

samuelsparrow

Family Account

by samuelsparrow on ‎04-10-2014 09:07
I'd like the ability to manage my families GiffGaff accounts from one dashboard.
darrenb44

Voice Mail

by darrenb44 on ‎18-10-2014 18:38
Voice Mail should be free as caller already paided for call
Its a pet hate for everybody and annoying we have to pay for this service, years back this was free on all networks ...mind you dont know how many years i going back
Its just unfair at if "giff gaff" made it free to listen to voicemail it would be a big thumbs up and better value & respect from everyone
So sort it out "giff gaff" please :smileyhappy:

Since the £10 Goodybag was changed the £7.50 doesn’t seem the value it was and the £5 looks even worse so I bring this suggestion.

£5.00 Goodybag

•                                  80 UK minutes
  •                                  Unlimited UK texts
  •                                  40 MB Internet
  •                                  Free to giffgaff numbers

£7.50 Goodybag

•                                  250 UK minutes
  •                                  Unlimited UK texts
  •                                  500 MB Internet
  •                                  Free to giffgaff numbers

Now the £10 plus tariffs offer over double the £7.50 so I think this is perfectly reasonable as most will opt for an extra £2.50 for double minutes/data.

Currenty Goodybags

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags

It is time to update the GigaBags so they are more inline with GoodyBags.

People who own tablets do not want to pay for minutes and texts, they want a data only package that is priced accordingly, GigaBags are being somewhat neglected considering all of the recent changes to GoodyBags.

The 1GB GigaBag is an example of how data only can be priced at less.

rooster250

4g to be same tariffs we have now.

by rooster250 on ‎06-10-2014 00:12
Looking at tariffs on giffgaff at the moment well they suck. Please keep them the same for your existing customers.
3 who I'd rather not join are doing 4g unlimited text n data plus 200 minutes for £15 monthly contract.
anonymice

Goodybag without data?

by anonymice on ‎19-10-2014 14:18

It seems that there are many people clamouring for more data, and insofar as this is economically viable, this would be good -- the better giffgaff is able to compete with other networks, the more we shall all benefit.

I should like to suggest an extra product aimed at a minority market -- those of us who do not, for whatever reason, need a data allowance. This may, for instance, be because we only own "feature phones", or because we are housebound and therefore use our own wi-fi for Internet access.

Each month my data allowance is unused. I use my phone mainly for texts and occassional calls, both incoming and outgoing. On the £5 hokey- incoming calls boost my

phildo79

Sim cards with more memory capacity

by phildo79 on ‎08-10-2014 13:12

100 contacts is not always enough. Think I have nearly 50 on my phones memory so if my phones breaks, I've lost 50 contacts. I've had other sim cards, in the past, that had a capacity for 200 contacts so why so fw with giffgaff?

leonag

Changes to the report function

by leonag on ‎18-10-2014 07:35

So my idea is that the reporting function is updated to include drop down category menus.

Based on a recent thread on the forum about the report button, I thought it would be a cool idea to revamp the report button and instead of having just a blank space to write about the incident. We should have categories to select from a drop down menu. My reasons are I think it make it easier for reporting by using this method. This would make it easier for compiling information for data reports for the staff. It would help prioritise report's I'm sure it would help the members particularly those not sure what they should be reporting or to help them specify the issue.

The purpose would be to segregate the issues so that they can be dealt with by priority but this would also be useful to people using it, it would help people that aren't sure whether to report it or not, if the category is there it would also be educating them whilst encouraging people to report more, which would be a great step towards cleaning the forums up.

if its something simple like reporting a post in the wrong area it wouldn't be as important as someone being abusive.

Another benefit would be when compiling the data it would surely be easier to do.

I realise its quite a boring idea :smileyhappy: but i think it would be useful nonetheless

gmb45

what staff are online and private messages

by gmb45 ‎20-10-2014 16:21 - edited ‎20-10-2014 16:21

i mentioned this in another thread so thought best to mention it in here ,how about something on the main forums page http://community.giffgaff.com/ to tell you what staff are online, also if possible a pop up that appears when you get a private message ( obviously this is when your online ) a lot of forums have these 2 things.

saarahibrahim

Paypal

by saarahibrahim on ‎11-10-2014 19:56

hello guys

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I was just wondering whether its possible if giffgaff can give the option to pay for top up using paypal. they give payback via paypal, but it would be good if paypal was an option for payment for top up

What do you guys think?

Thanks

4ndygr4yuk

Change couurier from UKMail

by 4ndygr4yuk on ‎03-10-2014 10:22

I believe that giffgaff should put its contract for courier services (currently being poorly delivered by UKMail) out to pitch.

my research it would appear that a significant proportion of our community have experienced considerable inconvenience resulting from giffgaff's use of UKMail as a courier - myself included. Their service is very poor. My own experience of having a driver not attempt delivery, a parcel 'going missing', spending hours on the phone on hold to the UKMail office who promise to call you back but never do... sadly does not seem uncommon.

Quite simply, there are a wealth of other couriers in a very competitive market for delivery services. Giffgaff should take advantage of this and invite pitches from other suppliers.

Enough is enough

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count