Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message
philbond

Order history - better description

by philbond ‎16-08-2014 10:27 - edited ‎18-08-2014 09:59

As the title says.

In your order history, if you buy a gigabag it should say gigabag and not goodybag. Surely makes sense that order history tells you exactly what you ordered? 

At the moment.  If you buy a gigabag, when you check your order history it says 1 x goodybag.

I imagine something along along these lines has been suggested before and apologise if it has but I did a quick search and found nothing :smileysad: 

EDIT: credit @figment_uk for correctly pointing out that to the right of each item in order history is a VIEW DETAILS link which leads you to an accurate description. However, if I want to visit the mens room I'd be a bit confused if I first had to go through a door marked LADIES :smileytongue: 

laurence22

Show reply for thread in giffgaff mailer instead of just a link by default

by laurence22 ‎20-08-2014 12:49 - edited ‎20-08-2014 13:13

Wouldnt it be usefull if in the giffgaff mailer emails the reply to the thread was included in the email by default. Currently you can achve this but you need to go into bookmark and subscription settings. Wouldnt it be better if it did this by default, and a link was at the bottom of the email alowing you to change back to the old method.

I think that this email should include the reply that it is referencing e.g.

Kudos if this would save you time.

callumh003

Become a NUS extra partner

by callumh003 ‎18-08-2014 08:47 - edited ‎18-08-2014 18:06

http://www.nus.org.uk/en/commercial-services/nus-extra-partnerships/

After finding out in the marketing update that 25% of people in the UK live with their parents I thought it safe to assume that most of that is students? I myself am a student and (wait for it...) I know at least 4 or 5 (there it is! :smileyvery-happy: ) other students who are also on giffgaff. I've also got my parents on giffgaff too and thought this is incredibly useful for those 'you will ring me every week' calls since free giffgaff to giffgaff minutes etc.

Virgin Media are already partners and offering 15% student discount.

Here is the list of 'benefits' from the link above:

What do brand partners get from NUS extra?

• Association with the National Union of Students UK
  • 652K+ active NUS extra cardholders
  • of which, 16.8K+ are active NUS Apprentice extra cardholders
  • Association with NUS extra, a not-for-profit with net promoter score of 54
  • Access to 7million students and apprentices via NUS UK touch-points
  • Exposure across 600 students' unions throughout the country
  • Opportunities to feature in e-correspondence
  • Opportunities to run flash-sales or competitions to student market
  • Data capture opportunities
  • Discounted paid-for marketing via NUS Media
  • Discounted paid-for market research via NUS Market Research
  • Access to the latest, market leading, student market research
  • Exposure across social channels reaching inexcess of 165K students
  • Exposure across NUS.org.uk with 6million+ unique visits in 2013

I know SIMs are free anyway but now that giffgaff has phones etc maybe discounts can be offered on those? Perhaps a free £10 goodybag for subscribers through the NUS?

I think there's a lot of scope for giffgaff to use this.

twat12345

OPTION 4 NO CHANGE

by twat12345 on ‎13-08-2014 11:53

Well there should be an option 4 for no change, how can only 3 options all of which i do not want be democratic.

I will move to another provider if these changes go ahead. 

andyxhill

Giffgiff Uni

by andyxhill on ‎20-08-2014 09:07

Only a month or so to go and there are a couple of hundred thousand 18 yesr olds away from home and needing mobile more than ever.

How about setting out some street teams in Uni area to hand out sims and offer instant activation. Teams are not paid but get £5 per activation.

techiebloke

'Three strikes' data abuse policy

by techiebloke on ‎20-08-2014 19:05

I keep reading lots of threads about people being unhappy about data speeds, leaving because of this etc.

The fact that GiffGaff management have had to introduce traffic management also appears to be an acknolwedgement that the problem is serious but can only go so far to address the issue of people abusing network resources.

I'd like to see a 'three strikes' policy put in place whereby if people get three warnings the system then sends them their PAC and they are given 30 days' notice to quit, after which their SIM gets disconnected and any credit is forfeited, they can appeal during the 30 days and this can be reset by an agent.

Alongside this needs to be education about what any unlimited allowance can be used for, specifically getting across that you can't stream all day and all night and that it is only really designed for short bursts of data.

I know this might appear heavy handed but it is the only way for those causing issues to be dealt with IMHO.

mkphil

Check a number is on giffgaff

by mkphil on ‎20-08-2014 22:34

I'd like the ability to check a given mobile number is on giffgaff (hence, free calls) or not before I dial so I can decide how long to call or even it to use an alternative means (landline, skype, sms email or the old "half a ring" missed call trick! etc.) to contact that person.

Possible methods:

* Text the number to a shortcode (for free!) which replies with "yes giffgaff" or "no giffgaff"

* Search box on the website where you can enter the number.

martinwallis

Remove data from goodybags completely.

by martinwallis ‎10-08-2014 11:59 - edited ‎10-08-2014 12:02
Ok so with all the furore over unlimited data being taken away from the majority of giffgaff customers, I have an idea that may help both giffgaff and customers.

A complete overhaul of all goodybags, making them call and text only. Removing data from them completely.

Then create a new goodybag databag, so to speak, starting from say 50MB for a £1 up to Unlimited for £10.

Then allow a goodybag and the databag to run at the same time, allowing the user to choose a tariff that will match their needs perfectly, instead of being forced to have a prescribed set of allowances.

Thanks for reading, what do you think?

Top up £5

by 78697 on ‎07-08-2014 04:50
We should be able to purchase £5 airtime credit rather than £10 (minimum).

gsklb04

Simple agent contact

by gsklb04 on ‎21-08-2014 09:57
How about a simple agent contact page.
Instead of having to find different contact subjects to contact an agent
yalam96

Implement SSL on community.giffgaff.com and force SSL across the entire site

by yalam96 ‎10-08-2014 12:47 - edited ‎10-08-2014 12:50

Last thread I saw about this was in 2012. It's 2014 and we still have a site that sends session cookies in plain-text. Giffgaff needs to take user's privacy and security seriously and SSL/TLS is an easy way to do that. It will cost gg nothing and therefore there is no reason not to.

lawarcbur79

free voicemail with or without credit

by lawarcbur79 on ‎31-07-2014 11:14

i think we should receive our voicemails free with or without credit as long as you have topped up in the last 3 months, there is nothing more frustrating than missing a call and you have used up all your mins, i think this could give giffgaff another edge again in the market.

janetihill

block data use on airtime credit

by janetihill on ‎05-08-2014 22:25
Many users don't want to accidently use up credit when going over gbag allowances.Settings to allow to block data use outside of goodyags should be avialable
i_am_sy

Balance Notice on website and App

by i_am_sy ‎02-08-2014 23:46 - edited ‎02-08-2014 23:48
Hi, I have noticed a lot of people coming to the community with a problem with their balance, and/data usage, this is normally when the website or app says they have less credit than they do, a lot of these people are not very happy as they believe there credit has disapeared.

I would like to add a note to balance amount shown, for example:

"If you believe this amount is not correct, then please dial *100# for confirmation"

I believe this would reduce the amount of customers that are confused as to why the credit has as far as they know gone.

Thanks
tearza

mms msgs & free voicemail too

by tearza on ‎17-08-2014 23:28

I would love to see mms msgs to be added into the goodbags or just take up 5 of the standard messages in the googybags..

And for our voicemails to be all free.

andrewjoh

European data plans

by andrewjoh on ‎16-08-2014 13:51
Can we please have a better deal on data usage in Europe. I spend a week a month in France and mobile is just such an expensive rip off that I turn it off, catch up on wifi when I have access. However, what I would prefer is mobilr access at a reasonable price. I think the EU should make all data plans within an EU country work without any additional charge across the whole of the Union.

Regards.

Andrew
george5356

Top-up Goodies

by george5356 on ‎14-08-2014 19:39

I find it incredibly frustrating when one element of a goodybag, for example my texts run out, yet I still have much left inside of my goodybag. 

Then, I have to buy another goodybag to continue using all features of my phone to their full potential, thus rendering the rest of the bag useless!

I propose a type of bolt-on 'goodies' (to go in the bag) with small or medium sized top ups to data, minutes and texts, so you can continue using the rest of your goodybag for the alloted month.

Please give this idea Kudos if you hate wasted data, minutes and texts and would like low price top ups to your goody bags!

xollobru

Replace Kudos To Support Ideas

by xollobru on ‎12-08-2014 21:46

As many members will have noticed the Ideas board is a complete and utter mess with the few original ideas drowning in the deluge of unoriginal ideas.

All existing systems to encourage searching do not work and now the merging of ideas has been stopped making it even worse.

It has become apparent that one cause of these duplicate ideas being posted by members is their addiction to kudos, possibly because they believe that they affect payback, this was illustrated by a member whinging that the kudos for their duplicate idea were transferred to the original idea when they were merged! 

In order to combat this gaming of the system I propose that a new voting system is introduced where members simply tick a box to support the idea!

Now in an ironic twist please kudos this idea to show your support!  

naughtyindianboi

Data topup option on 4G goodybags

by naughtyindianboi ‎16-08-2014 23:48 - edited ‎17-08-2014 08:46

Hi all,

I wanted to switch back to giffgaff, but I'm struggling with the 4G offerings on giffgaff.

I know the pricing will be reviewed come the end of the trial, but I wondered if the idea of a data topup would solve the problem?

Let's say, I purchase a £15 4G goodybag which gives:

Mins: 500 (same as Lycamobile)

Texts: Unlimited (although I hardly text, so I think 200-300 is enough

Data- 5GB 

If I run out of data within the month and need a topup, maybe do this:

1GB: £2

2GB- £4

after 2GB why not increase the cost by £1 per GB?

Can this idea be explored guys?

Also, can giffgaff tell how much data a user has used on 4G if I've continually switched from 4G to 3G reception?

Jay

sargantana

Don't get rid of unlimited data

by sargantana on ‎12-08-2014 19:43

I use less than 200MB a month but buy the £12 Goody bag because I really don't want to have to worry about it. If I have to pay £20 for this (Option 1) I'll move to Three, where it's £15.

Announcements

Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count