Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message
anthurya

Bring the E top up card back

by anthurya on ‎13-09-2014 22:44

The E top up card was useful in the fact that you swipe the card and your phone was topped up. It was quick and simple. And thats why Giffgaff should bring it back. Giffgaff should also bring the ability to buy top up vouchers from supermarkets as this is useful to those on Pay and Go rather than goodybags.

liverpoolsno9

Private Message Notification Counter in Site Menu Bar

by liverpoolsno9 ‎28-08-2014 20:14 - edited ‎28-08-2014 21:50

giffgaffidea.jpg

I quite often miss private messages while friends are online, either because I dont notice they are there, or haven't received an email in time. I propose we add a notification counter on the top toolbar of the site (see picture) that shows the amount of PMs you have, and that goes to your private message box when clicked. Thank you for the consideration.

I know theres a notification in my settings, but it doesn't catch the eye, and plus located at the top you can see if you have a PM and how many regardless of where you are on the site. This is for the desktop version of the site, since the mobile app has a similar function already in place.

scobster

payback

by scobster on ‎05-09-2014 21:02

what about we can exchange our payback money and save it up in exchange for a mobile phone from giff gaff

As we can all see, a lot of people are unhappy about the current situation with data on goodybags being reduced, in particular the £12 goodybag losing unlimited data, and in all liklihood, feel that 3GB is not good enough.

I'm sure that the most unhappy people are similar to myself, people who prioritise data over minutes and texts.

For this reason, I suggest an alternative £12 goodybag, with reduced minutes from "Option 1" (which increased minutes to 500)

I propose a £12 goodybag option where:

Data: Unlimited Data remains (At the very least gives a 5GB allowance)

Texts: Unlimited

Minutes: 200/300

giffgaff needs to realise that not all customers require excessive minutes and as this referendum is showing, prefer data instead.

Please Kudos this idea if you prioritise data over minutes :smileyhappy:

original-1.pngAfter the recent consultation over goodybags the new ones are above.
I think although I'm happy with the new £15 unlimited data goodybag it should be open to everyone not just existing members as this will deter new members joining and separate members which is not what giffgaff are about

No segregation of the membership

If you agree please support this idea

Link to statement

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Upcoming-goodybag-changes/td-p/14395647

Got the email tonight about goodybag changes.. thought great, better deals for us all.. until i read the email.

This had been asked many times, the currently consulation regarding changes will only affect the "£12+ bags.

GiffGaff seriously now need to review their £5 and £7.50 bags as the competion are offering better deals.

Like ASDA (now EE): £5 for 100 mins, 2000text and 100MB data and then standard PAYG rates 8p/min, 4p/text and 5p/mb data, compare this to giffgaff: £5 for 60+ mins, 300 text and 20mb data then at 10p/min, 6p/text and 2p/mb until bag ends, then data is 20p for first 20mb per day and then 20p per 1MB... it doesn't compare.

ASDA also do a £5 top up, giffgaff don't.

3 (three) are offering 3,2,1 on PAYG (3p/min, 2p/text and 1p/MB data)

I saw another provider offer a 30 day 100mins, 150 text and 500MB for £5 via their monthly bag style option (no contract).

The forum is a great place, people are being rewarded by GiffGaff to answer the same old question which has been asked thousands of times before and most answers are available in the Help section of the site.

Then there are agents to answer their questions as well.

Won't be popular, How about eliminating a lot of the forums payment costs to members and use the money to offer better all round bags from the entry level up by being more competive. 

Also, how about adding a £5 topup option and reduce the free calls to 30 or 45 days, thus reducing the PAYG standard rates to be more competive with three and ASDA and Sainsbury's.

The way things are looking, the cheaper goodybags are no longer competive and even the PAYG rates are looking a tad more expensive that others.

Time for a total review?

When I needed to setup my Internet and MMS settings for Giffgaff in the past I sent a text message to which I received an automatic download and the phones were running within seconds. Perhaps, it would be a great help to put this number in the http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Settings-for-your-device/Internet-and-MMS-settings-APN-guide/ta-p/3... guide as an option. A lot of posts in the help section are about difficulties people have setting up their phones and this could reduce this problem significantly. It is simply the easiest and quickest thing to do once your account is activated for all those new members. I cannot be certain as it was over a year ago but I think I text 'settings' to 2020. If someone could confirm this it would be brilliant as I need to reset my phone shortly as well. Regards John
kevinr

How about a day pass Gigabag

by kevinr on ‎01-09-2014 12:30
I'm sure many people with dongles or a MiFi would love these. If you could buy a reasonable amount of data for a quid say. Valid for a 24 hour period. Great for a day out with the wifi only gadgets.
methusan

Sims without my name

by methusan on ‎14-09-2014 16:33
Giffgaff to send sims to hand out to people without the members name on the cover!

How about a completely new and different pricing strategy? Here's my proposal - it's a very rough idea, so bear with me: 

Pick 'n' Mix: 

Choose the amount of minutes you want. eg.: 

250 minutes 

500 minutes 

750 minutes 

1000 minutes 

Unlimited 

- or whatever might be appropriate amounts 

Then choose the amount of texts you want, eg.: 

200 texts 

400 texts 

600 texts 

800 texts 

1000 texts 

Unlimited 

- or whatever might me appropriate 

Then finally choose how much data you need, eg.: 

250MB 

500MB 

1GB 

3GB 

5GB 

Unllimited 

- or what ever. 

Each "portion" is priced individually. If you choose to have two "portions" (minutes+texts, minutes+data, texts+data) you get a small discount; if you choose to have all three (minutes+texts+data), you get a slightly bigger discount. 

Just a thought. 

Dennis

ray2

to be more helpful to members

by ray2 on ‎13-09-2014 11:53

when members ask for help with an issue,it would be great when you are responding for a drop down list in the corner for all the shortcodes to add in with your answer e.g ask an agent,manual roam,so you can copy and paste and add straight on to your answer,rather than hunting for the correct shortcode,which takes time,especially as they,re so many,my memorys not great so would find that a massive help,what do you think?

charlie_shaw

Where's option 4 - No Change.

by charlie_shaw on ‎13-08-2014 03:54

Effectivley we are being asked to vote on 3 options neither of us want,

We re-occur the £12 Goody bag every month. Its irrevant that we don't use less than 3GB of data.

We signed up to GiffGaff, in order to be able to use unlimited data, if we required it, and in the knowelge it would be available if we needed it.

Now to get the same you are proposing £20, which is £8 per month extra, or £16 a month extra with my wifes goodybag.

I don't think so. If these changes go ahead, with an undemocratic vote, ie no option 4 ( No change), then my wife and I will be forced, YES forced to leave, and probably move to all you can eat on 3.

We signed up, believing in how GiffGaff's business model runs. Now it appears you are becomming as bad as the big boys, and going to ride rough shod over your members.

I suggest including option 4 NO CHANGE, and see how many members vote for that option.

I suspect you, will not take notice, and if that's the case my wife and I will be off to the other operator.

CS

shanzbedlas

Finding a Way to change usernames

by shanzbedlas on ‎07-09-2014 17:43

Now I understand that everything on here works on usernames and what not but I think that giffgaff should work on a way for a user to be able to change there username if only once. I have seen all of the other suggestions like this been added to the ideas vault but seeing that there just been an update the the ask an agent and there's getting goodybag changes I think its time to see this come to light again.

maybe a reasoned argument via an agent, to allow someone who has chosen an unsuitable username to be able to change it once only

What I propose is that we implement a way to change a username if only once, my reasons for suggesting this are outlined here:

1. Many user's choose a name that is related to there personal name's they may not know that they will be involved in the community.
  2. In my case my account was set up by my mam when I was 17, since then I turned 18 and became active in the community stuck with this stupid username (that I used to use for gaming and got trolled a lot etc) that I didn't choose.
  3. A lot of people outgrow there username or pick one that can be misconstrued.
  4. Many users just dont like there username.

As much as I am aware that Lithium technically doesn't allow name changes I still think it is time for this to make a new rising. I am unsure as the technicality's of this and that changing the system may be a bit drastic but perhaps we can put up a poll for alternate systems as I am sure they will have many other benefits, not just permitting a name to be changed.

For now the only way I can see to change the username but keep the number would be to collect my payback port my number out paying to activate a sim on a PAYG network. Then porting back and making a new account. This is frankly ridiculous.  Every other network and forum petmits these changes, if giffgaff wants to keep on top of the curve it will have to get with the demands of the people

lord_childe

Place restrictions on ‘unlimited

by lord_childe on ‎12-09-2014 16:56

We often hear that the majority are suffering because of the actions of a minority - poor speeds and the like.

So put conditions on the use of unlimited goodybags: kick out those who consume astronomical amounts of data (over 100GB+), and throttle the speeds of those who use 30GB+. Individuals who abuse the system don’t deserve any favours.

Technically, it would no longer be unlimited if there were restrictions. Giffgaff could change unlimited to ‘unfathomable goodybag’ or ‘ill-defined goodybag’… anything that changes the current definition of ‘unlimited’

I’m certainly not calling for unlimited deals to be scrapped. I use 5-10GB pm, which is perfectly acceptable, but if speeds are slow due to the actions of a few then their unlimited use should be restricted.

So after reading and also commenting on Community Consultation I have now decided on posting my little own option and idea.

Option 4 My idea for massive improvemtns on GoddyBags

To have a new goody bag called mix it match it goodybag. Giving the cusotmer the freedome of choice. Want minuits? Ok move the slider option to selected amount of mins wanted starting from 50 min to 100 to 300 to 500 to 750 to 1000 to 4000 to unlimited ok, happy? Bagged it.

Next now move slider up to select amount of text you want. Use same sort of methords above.

And then repeate for data being say no data at all being 0 being dissabled and only wifi access only.

then a range from 100mb to 300 to 500 to 1 gb to 5 gb to 10 gb to unlimited.

This way the customer can get exctly what they want via a much wider range giving the customer the fredom of choise on all areas.

The prices would varie depending on what a user has decided to put together based on calls, text and internet.

Having such a goodybag like the idea above would see a lot more customers sticking around and also more customers moving over to GiffGaff giving customers more choice and ways to use their phone and to keep things to what a customer likes. Having many goodybags are indeed good or packages with other networks but when you start changing things around people also start moving to other networks.

Using my idea and option I believe most people on here would actualy like somthing like this depending on prices however given the fact of current packages you have with the goodybags you can actually work around prices currently take some of it away and split it up into segments and actualy come up with many more options for customers.

Just my 2 cents and feedback and idea for improvements.

n4tz

Add report button to ideas board

by n4tz ‎06-09-2014 08:55 - edited ‎08-09-2014 19:28
Unlike the rest of the boards, there isn't a report button on the ideas boards. I know the comments will be read by educators eventually however there's no option to report inappropriate content in the interim

Edit: just to add, this is for the mobile site as it's already available on the full site - thanks @darrenpainter for pointing this out:smileyhappy: Also it's worth taking this opportunity to clarify that this is to report the replies to the OP as it's already possible to report the OPs themselves. Thanks for your support so far. Nat
matthewhill1996

Weekly Goodybag

by matthewhill1996 on ‎14-09-2014 23:27

To match EE

Say £5

60 mins

unlimited texts

500Mb

Ok we can all set best answer.

but how about removing useless repeating posts and posts where the users has obviously not read the question and just posted something for the sake of kudos.

Also

how about when a best answer is set it moves directly under the question. i know you can press the hyperlink to go to the best answer, and some times its interesting to read the entire thread.

But somes times question - answer is the best way, cutting the dross

enchantedsun

Usage Summary

by enchantedsun on ‎25-08-2014 23:14

You might have noticed that at the bottom of gg e-mails there is a message which states "To help you pick the goodybag that suits you best, we've jotted down your recent usage below. You will also be able to see this information at any time by logging into 'My giffgaff' and clicking the personalised link from your newsfeed."

You can get there in My giffgaff by clicking on the "here" link at the bottom shown below:

Screenshot from 2014-08-22 21:53:57.png

What you get when you click it looks something like this:

Screenshot from 2014-08-23 21:33:14.png

The issue with this:

Giffgaff points out that this is there so we can make a better more informed decision as to what Goodybag is right for us. However, the Usage Summary consists also of non-goodybagable Mins and Texts such as international calls and texts. Mixing Goodybagable statistics with Non-Goodybagable statistics does not allow us to make a very informed decision as to what Goodybag to use at all!

Perhaps this is another good reason to support getting Call and Text History available to logged in giffgaffers, or perhaps showing total "normal" Mins and Text and then the total non-goodybagable Calls and Texts separately within the Usage Summary would be a good in-between step.

Either which way this needs to be changed if we are to be able to use the Usage Summary as intended.

Kudos please if you agree :smileyhappy:

Love to hear your comments! ^^

Credit for the images goes to @trevor476 .

shellydradio

Choosing our own worthy causes.

by shellydradio on ‎05-09-2014 07:55

I would like to suggest that we can choose our own worthy causes to support with the Payback scheme.

This can include Charities and Non-Profit CICs.

I am trying to raise money for Chelmsford Community Radio. I would really like my payback to go to them. 

I'm sure there are members of the Giff Gaff family who would like to be able to support their own worthy causes rather than have to choose from a shortlist.

It should work a bit like Easy Fundraising. The worthy causes can register and then members can choose them from a drop down list. 

There are so many local groups and causes that could benefit from Giff Gaff. Why must we stick with national ones.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Weekly Poll
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count