Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message
janetihill

block data use on airtime credit

by janetihill on ‎05-08-2014 22:25
Many users don't want to accidently use up credit when going over gbag allowances.Settings to allow to block data use outside of goodyags should be avialable
yalam96

Implement SSL on community.giffgaff.com and force SSL across the entire site

by yalam96 ‎10-08-2014 12:47 - edited ‎10-08-2014 12:50

Last thread I saw about this was in 2012. It's 2014 and we still have a site that sends session cookies in plain-text. Giffgaff needs to take user's privacy and security seriously and SSL/TLS is an easy way to do that. It will cost gg nothing and therefore there is no reason not to.

big_josh

Giffgaff Runs on EVERY Network

by big_josh on ‎23-08-2014 19:31
Couldn't find this idea in the forum, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been suggested before...<br>Is there any possibility of giffgaff running on more than just the O2 network? I appreciate the probability of such an idea carrying cost implications, but didn't '3' operate a multi-network service? What about a special 'all network' tariff?<br>The reason I ask, is because recently I've been on holiday to two different places, and while I've had no signal, my friends (on EE) have both had a 3G or 'edge' signal. Surely multi network support would provide a very appealing coverage...?
basketboy193

Cancel a Sim Order

by basketboy193 on ‎25-08-2014 23:01

I've accidentially ordered a sim but turns out there is no way to cancel it. If the sim hasn't left the warehouse then their should be an option to cancel it!!!!!

There has been a rise in parents paying for their childrens giff gaff. Or maybe in an emergency situation someone may need top up and being able to transfer airtime credit would be a great idea. It will allow users to send airtime credit at anytime to another giff gaff user. I have seen that alot if people would really appreciate this service because they control the acciubts of children or other family members. it would also allow individuals with extra airtime credit to transfer it to soneone who may need it. Recently I had a lot of airtime credit whilst a fsmily member had run out and I would've really appreciated it if I was able to transfer it to the individual.
scrappydez

Let's keep the £15 unlimited/limited goodybag for everyone

by scrappydez ‎23-08-2014 07:16 - edited ‎23-08-2014 17:40

I've just read the latest T's&C's but can't find what I'm looking for.

It's always been said in the forums that this company is a true PAYG company with no commitment what so ever.

It has always been my choice to buy a goodybag/gigabag or top up.

I've always had the option not to buy a goodybag/gigabag or top up.

And my sim will remain active as long as I meet certain criteria.

As an existing member I want to get the an unlimited data package but my understanding of the Upcoming goodybag changes thread means that my choices have been reduced and giffgaff will be requiring me to make a purchase every 30(1) days to keep the option open for a £15 unlimited goodybag.

For example, lets say my circumstances change and I go onto the £18 goodybag from the £15 unlimited goodybag for 2 months after the November deadline.

Then my circumstances change again and I want to drop down to the £15 unlimited goodybag.

As I have not bought it once within 30(1) days I would now only be able to get the limited £15 goodybag. Although I once previously qualified for the unlimited goodybag.

This really is not an acceptable scheme.

Would it not make more sense to have the £15 unlimited goodybag available for any existing member before the 21st of August 2014 running side by side with the limited £15 goodybag? A true choice.

Much the same way that the 500 minutes on the £10 goodybag was available to everyone before a certain time.

tstarfall

Time voice-mail was recorded

by tstarfall on ‎27-07-2014 07:39

Hi,

My phone only tells me when a voicemail alert came into my phone - not when the message was actually recorded by the caller.  This information appears to be missing when in voicemail iteslef too.  If there s a delay in getting the alert from the network (out of network range, phone off, network down etc.), there is no way of telling what time the caller actually called me.

Can this information be implemented either in the alert message (ideally), or atleast as part of the imformation you are told when you call the voicemail number.

Cheers!

figment_uk

Change the wording of recruit messages

by figment_uk on ‎02-08-2014 11:38

Simple idea to avoid some of the confusion around the reward for recruiting new members.

References to "£5 Payback" should be changed to "500 payback points" or "500 Payback points (£5 value)" in all on-screen messages and emails sent out during the recruiting process.

Examples (changes highlighted in red)

Your giffgaff SIM order confirmation

"Thanks for helping spread the word about giffgaff. Just wanted to confirm an order is on its way to your friend. Once they activate their SIM, they'll receive £5 credit and you'll see £5 Payback 500 Payback points (£5 value) in your next Points Statement"

[Recruitname] has been giffgaffed

"Thanks for helping to grow giffgaff. You've earned yourself £5 Payback 500 Payback points (£5 value) for your trouble, these will appear in your Payback tally when they're updated next month on/ around the 5th.

You can select how you'd like your £5 Payback Payback points paid back at the end of ......"

bmw4175

A small change to status page

by bmw4175 on ‎23-08-2014 11:28

Right this is only a simple one but I think it's needed. 

Currently the kudos part looks like this :

My Kudoed Posts

Subject Kudos Posted

Re: Upcoming goodybag changes

Contribute

10 ‎21-08-2014 14:42

the new unlimited £15 goodybag

12 ‎21-08-2014 14:55

travelodge vending machines-giffgaff sims

29 ‎18-08-2014 18:21

Re: Let's keep the £15 unlimited/limited goodybag ...  

3 ‎23-08-2014 08:23

3 ‎23-08-2014 08:23

Posts I Kudoed

Subject Kudos Author Latest Post

Re: the new unlimited £15 goodybag

endorphin

‎23-08-2014 10:35

by endorphin

RECURRING GOODYBAG OPTION NEED TO BE DISPLAYED BET...

hazard29

‎23-08-2014 10:04

by laurence22

anth006

‎23-08-2014 08:36

by anth006

The need for a mid priced goodybag with more minu...  

sloz  

‎23-08-2014 09:34

by matthewhill1996

Re: what 3g speeds do you get-has it got worse lat...

Contribute

harrymcspider

‎22-08-2014 16:42

by harrymcspider

Ok for some reason it's not come out as I copy+pasted but my point is on the post that we give kudos to it gives us the name of the last person to post in the thread but on the part where we receive kudos it doesn't. 

So my proposal is simply can we get this added as one it's helpful and two it just makes things look tidier.

It's something that's not gonna cost a fortune and can easily be implemented and I can't understand why it's not the same already. 

Thanks for reading my idea and feel free to comment if you have something to add and don't forget to click the orange kudos button to show your support. 

Bmw4175 :smileyhappy:

roshpl

New goodybag with allowed tethering

by roshpl on ‎02-06-2014 10:37

Maybe it is good time to introduce new goodybag with allowed tethering?

I think in 4g era it will be good to follow market and introduce more goodybags with 2gb and 3gb data and tethering.

In my opinion it supposed to be:

£12,50 500min unlimited text and 2gb data (allowed tethering)

£14 500 min unlimited text and 4gb data (allowed tethering)

What is your opinion GG and others?

I live in an area with no 3G and practically no phone signal.  This is the same for all networks, not just Giffgaff.  Some of my neighbours are using boostboxes where they log in via a wifi signal which then boosts the 3g signal, making the phone signal much better and much more usable. O2 offer this, and I have an O2 boostbox which I bought mistakenly thinking it would boost my Giffgaff signal.

Please offer this to Giffgaff customers - it would make our lives easier and is good business sense.

mujahid22

Mobile Data on £7.50 goodybag

by mujahid22 on ‎23-08-2014 22:12
I was thinking recently if it would be better if the £7.50 goodybag had maybe 150 minutes and 500 mb of Internet. I don't know if I'm alone with this idea but I feel that this kind of goodybag would be more convenient for myself. I tend to only use about 100-120 minutes but find myself running out of Internet 10 days before the end of my goodybag. I don't know of if it is a good idea or whether it is better as it is.
callumh003

Become a NUS extra partner

by callumh003 ‎18-08-2014 08:47 - edited ‎18-08-2014 18:06

http://www.nus.org.uk/en/commercial-services/nus-extra-partnerships/

After finding out in the marketing update that 25% of people in the UK live with their parents I thought it safe to assume that most of that is students? I myself am a student and (wait for it...) I know at least 4 or 5 (there it is! :smileyvery-happy: ) other students who are also on giffgaff. I've also got my parents on giffgaff too and thought this is incredibly useful for those 'you will ring me every week' calls since free giffgaff to giffgaff minutes etc.

Virgin Media are already partners and offering 15% student discount.

Here is the list of 'benefits' from the link above:

What do brand partners get from NUS extra?

• Association with the National Union of Students UK
  • 652K+ active NUS extra cardholders
  • of which, 16.8K+ are active NUS Apprentice extra cardholders
  • Association with NUS extra, a not-for-profit with net promoter score of 54
  • Access to 7million students and apprentices via NUS UK touch-points
  • Exposure across 600 students' unions throughout the country
  • Opportunities to feature in e-correspondence
  • Opportunities to run flash-sales or competitions to student market
  • Data capture opportunities
  • Discounted paid-for marketing via NUS Media
  • Discounted paid-for market research via NUS Market Research
  • Access to the latest, market leading, student market research
  • Exposure across social channels reaching inexcess of 165K students
  • Exposure across NUS.org.uk with 6million+ unique visits in 2013

I know SIMs are free anyway but now that giffgaff has phones etc maybe discounts can be offered on those? Perhaps a free £10 goodybag for subscribers through the NUS?

I think there's a lot of scope for giffgaff to use this.

cps15966

Promoting the HELP section & self help

by cps15966 on ‎21-08-2014 08:53

Good morning gaffers,

I had a thought this morning, most of the answers to people's questions about setting, problems, faults etc are readily available through the help section and other posts from times gone by via the 'help' section. The problem is that people don't use this as much as they could/should and their first instinct is to raise a new post asking for help when the answers are already there available for them.

I think that highlighting the help section in different areas will help promote the use of what is a valuable database of information. If you click on the 'community' drop down, it's there at the bottom of the page, however I think a lot of people don't use that to get onto the post pages and use the 'join the community' button on the dashboard page.

So the idea.... simple really, one of the following.....

1. have an extra button under the 'join the community' button to take you straight to the help section

2.jpg

OR

2. when you click on the 'join the community' button, it firstly takes you to the 'Help' section but with a larger button option on there saying something like 'Continue to the community pages', but in doing this, it would possibly make people think to use the help section first and then post their questions on the community pages if they cannot find the answer.

4.jpg

Also there are a lot of other things that would benefit the people that help and are ideas that have been suggested before but never got anywhere, i.e. on the posting form, being forced to put your phone make and model etc.

Anyway, that's the idea, maybe it's a bit basic but i just think the highlghting of the tools available to people (especially newcomers who don't know the site) can only benefit gg, the people that help members and better the user experience. It will reduce those posts where people are obviously frustrated to the point of distraction

theste123

New £5 Goodybag

by theste123 on ‎27-08-2014 23:40

Hi,

It would be great if the data was just a little bit higher on the £5 goodybag. The 20MB that is offer on the goodybag is very low and even for every light users of mobile data, you can very easy burn right through that. I think the texts and minutes are just find, but I think the data needs to be 50mb or 100mb for this day and age.

What do you guy/gals think ??

xollobru

Replace Kudos To Support Ideas

by xollobru on ‎12-08-2014 21:46

As many members will have noticed the Ideas board is a complete and utter mess with the few original ideas drowning in the deluge of unoriginal ideas.

All existing systems to encourage searching do not work and now the merging of ideas has been stopped making it even worse.

It has become apparent that one cause of these duplicate ideas being posted by members is their addiction to kudos, possibly because they believe that they affect payback, this was illustrated by a member whinging that the kudos for their duplicate idea were transferred to the original idea when they were merged! 

In order to combat this gaming of the system I propose that a new voting system is introduced where members simply tick a box to support the idea!

Now in an ironic twist please kudos this idea to show your support!  

Could Giffgaff add a data-less goodybag for low budget handsets along with pre-paid SIMs for sub-£20 phones.
ian011

Clarify premium rate call pricing

by ian011 ‎20-08-2014 11:30 - edited ‎22-08-2014 22:49

At present the UK call price list contains the following entry for premium rate call prices.

Premium calls (charged per call or per minute)50p to £2.50 per minute

However, the Special Charges Code of Practice page is a lot more helpful.

It states the number ranges this applies to and better clarifies the pricing.

Making calls to premium rate numbers starting 090, 091, 09850p to 80p per call, or
80p to £2.50 per minute

Crucially, there's also a link to a PDF file with detailed call pricing for all of the individual prefixes within those ranges.

Please update the price list page with the details from the latter entry and add a link to the detailed call price PDF file.

Calls to premium rate numbers starting 090, 091, 098
For detailed listing click here

50p to 80p per call, or
80p to £2.50 per minute

Idea Issue Tracker

george5356

Top-up Goodies

by george5356 on ‎14-08-2014 19:39

I find it incredibly frustrating when one element of a goodybag, for example my texts run out, yet I still have much left inside of my goodybag. 

Then, I have to buy another goodybag to continue using all features of my phone to their full potential, thus rendering the rest of the bag useless!

I propose a type of bolt-on 'goodies' (to go in the bag) with small or medium sized top ups to data, minutes and texts, so you can continue using the rest of your goodybag for the alloted month.

Please give this idea Kudos if you hate wasted data, minutes and texts and would like low price top ups to your goody bags!

annisa195

Introduction of new goodybag?

by annisa195 on ‎27-08-2014 18:39

I know that a lot of people within my age group tend to text (whether it be via SMS or apps such as whatsapp) a lot more than they call. I think it would be a good idea to introduce another £7.50 goodybag consisting of 120 mins, free giffgaff to giffgaff calls, unlimited texts and 1GB of mobile data since everything requires internet connectivity these days!

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count