Looking for something?
New Message

PAYBACK ON BIRTHDAY!

by dannykhann13 on ‎14-05-2015 20:33
Give us like 1500 points on our birthday :smileyhappy:

Contact agent - 'None of the Above' option

by cab on ‎01-05-2015 13:32

Its a good idea to give us a pre-selected group of options to contact an agent. But it does happen that you may need to get in touch with GiffGaff with a matter that is not covered in the menus - and its frustrating to have to quite literally invent nonsense to fill in the forms to then tell you something else in the comments part of the contact form!

Look, just give us a 'none of the above' option with a text submission box at the bottom of the 'contact agent' options drop box. Feel free to add some text to the page telling us that filling in the wrong agent contact may end up making the process take longer, but at least do us the courtesy of giving us the choice not to randomly bounce around an irrelevant set of options.

Cheers,

Cab.

giffgaff should offer a mobile phone insurance policy

by lpwilliams ‎14-05-2015 19:19 - edited ‎14-05-2015 19:20

giffgaff have been selling phones for some time now.

Success?  Yes.

giffgaff have joined forces with ratesetter to offer mobile phone loans.

Success?  I think it is, for those who want it

giffgaff have continued the link with ratesetter to offer loans for things other than mobile phones.

Success?  I think it could be, for those who want/need it

I propose giffgaff now consider offering mobile phone insurance policies for members to insure their phones - acting as a broker, as they are with ratesetter for loans.

This way, giffgaff generates more profit, which can be re-invested into the network, to enhance everybody's experience.  Members can take out insurance on their phones if they so wish.

Success?  What do you think?  Comments please?

While commenting on another idea about reverting the new design back to the old one due to poor performance, I had a look some the source code and data for the website. I noticed they are some simple ways that the performance could be improved quite simpally.

I ran the page through Page Speed Insights tool from Google which gave a dismal score of 38/100

(Link to results), higher being better. They are two simple modifications that would dramtically improve the performance of the page which I spotted just by looking at the page for a couple of minutes, these shouldn't be there on a website of a modern technology brand.

They both are relating to the full width picture at the top of the page. This causes a major delay when loading the page due to its large size (2.1MB), the next largest object for comparison around ~250KB. According to Page Speed tool from Google for website developers this image could be resized and compressed without lossing signicant visual quality by 78%, saving 1.4MB.

Secondly this image is set only to be cached for one and a half hours. Caching means it is stored on your computer so you don't have to load it from the web again. This means after one and a half hours you have to download the image again. I can't see why the image cannot be set to be cached for 1 month at least. This means every time you went to the giffgaff page in a month you wouldn't have to spend data and time downloading the the image.

giffgaff should spend some time working through the simple fixes to make the website faster for all of us. This would improve the brand as well as slow pages just put people off companies, espically technology companies.

I've seen a lot of errors on the giffgaff community where members try to add a gigabag onto their account when theyve run out of data in their current goodybag but they end up doing an early repurchase so their goodybag allowance is removed (they aren't so chuffed about that either).

My idea is to make gigabags supplementary to goodybags so that both bundles can be active at the same time. This will also enable high data users or those who want to tether to use this option as they find that they get blocked for tethering on unlimited data goodybags. Sounds like it needs quite a bit of work to put into action but considering the benefits it may have for members I think it's definitely one worth considering. 

All the best guys :smileyhappy:

Don't forget to Kudos this if you think it's a good idea

helpline

by staley1978 on ‎26-05-2015 01:38
Get someone that you can actually talk to on the phone who can help sort out any problems people have cos ive had serious hag trying to get help. I havent had a phone for 2 days because my top up failed and im wondering how long its gonna take using agents to sort this blunder out Cos they get 24hrs just to answer you and then give you an answer that isnt helpful at all so you have to ask again. Ive also had to get a new sim and top that up on a dif network which I shouldnt have to have done.

hi there,

I have been with GiffGaff sometime now and i especially love the forums !!  we all know that the majority of  help questions are about the NEW members having  NO INTERNET (sending a great first impression of the network to the new members)

New members don't realise that giffgaff do not send the configuration texts that the big networks do and that we as users have to manually enter them.

I think that when a sim and attached sleeve are sent out or when a member cuts it out to spread the giffgaff love :heart: ,  the sleeve that's is attached to the sim should have a few essential 'need to knows' on it for new members to read.

For example

a simple activation guide, with web address link showing where more detail can be found, 

a link to explain the goodybag and airtime difference

but most importantly I feel are the apn settings, they should be printed out on there fully, and a link to where they are on the site.

WHY would you want to do that they can be found online i hear you say

THAT'S ONE OF MY MAJOR SUPPORTING POINTS (aside from the first impression of giffgaff)

I just feel that newbies need to be aware of these settings as some rely on mobile data only and if they cant get access to the net as they need the mobile data and then they suffer as they cant see the settings or enter them until they get online somehow.

I really feel putting  the apn settings on the sleeves that surround the sims would be such an advantage to newbies and therefore giffgaff is starting on the right foot as they do say that first impressions stick! 

In turn the forum posts about newbies data problems will be reduced and you will have more new customers having a better first experience with giffgaff

I think this would be a great idea to implement as I am always on the forums and its the number one problem I see time and time again

Michelle

keep gg money+mobile separate!

by bmw4175 on ‎19-04-2015 19:56

This one is simple and straight to the point! 

When any of us members signed up to giffgaff we never imagined we'd at some point become part of a loan company and with the ideas of payback being awarded for getting loan customers and for giving advice looking like becoming a reality myself personally I don't want to be involved in something like this and I'm sure plenty of other members feel this way too? 

I suggest you totally rethink your loan idea been associated with the giffgaff name and especially stop members giving any advice! 

I could state a billion reasons for this but will stick to the obvious. 

Your a phone company and that's what we joined. Please keep it that way. 

New idea !!

by georgew666 on ‎20-05-2015 22:13
Hey guys here's a new idea for you . ROLLOVER .
No not the lotto, but your unused minutes and texts. Dead handy for those that can't top up every month. I've always got loads left so why not allow members to roll them over to the next month. Not necessarily all of them but maybe a percentage of them or fixed amount. It all helps.
So what do you think??

Data rollover

by tomhaigh93 on ‎10-05-2015 11:49
If you have unused data from one month, it rolls
Over to the next month and adds to your new data for that month. After that month it expires and the excess data from that month rolls over.

Cap posting of new ideas to one per week per member maximum!

by prawlin ‎03-04-2015 13:13 - edited ‎03-04-2015 18:36
Self explanatory title.

Methinks this idea requires very urgent rapid implementation. It would stop any unfair repetitive spamming of the ideas board that sometimes occurs.

When a person issues multiple rapid fire ideas (most of which are hastily drafted, poorly written and not researched or considered), it very unfairly pushes other members ideas further down and off the front page prematurely. This prevents the other members ideas from getting a fair exposure time for garnering their needed support kudos.

This ideas board should not be used like some casual chat room affair, sending in every other thought that comes to mind. It is a place to publish carefully considered and developed ideas/suggestions. The true Eureka thoughts. They should have been written carefully, and researched adequately. Truly great ideas don't spring to mind everyday. So one a week limit would be just fine for everyone who comes up with realistic and original proposals IMO.

Please kudos the Orange arrow upper left if you agree

Thanks
Occasionally I will use the report function and ask to remove a best answer awarded to me, either because the person hasn't had their problem solved , or there's a better answer posted
My idea is to have a "remove best answer" against your post, you can then use the report function button to alert an educator what you've done and suggest a post you think should be seated the best answer.

This is a bit of a radical proposal seeing as best answers are a main factor in payback,
So although you don't get a best answer added to your total, an educator ( who you alert)
will still log the removed best answer to you and be included in payback calculations

Change Your Username!

by dannykhann13 ‎04-05-2015 13:44 - edited ‎08-05-2015 21:05
Giffgaff should offer members that have been active participants of the giffgaff community for 6-12+ months the option to request a username change.

This is because some members may not be happy with their current ones so it would be nice if you could offer the option for people to request a one off username change if they are not happy as when they join it may be random and they may later not like it. :smileyhappy:

KUDOS IF U AGREE

As the heading suggests.

It would be good if giffgaff members profiles could include a section which gave the IMEI number of the phone being used on giffgaff, along with the SIM number of the sim inserted in the phone and a PUK for that sim/phone combination.

This is something that O2 have on their systems and would make life much easier for people if they lose their phones - rather than jumping through all the hoops they currently need to do at present in order to report a lost phone to the police/insurance.

Hopefully, many of use would never need this service (as would not like to lose phone) - but would be useful to have just in case.

I logged into giffgaff this morning (6th May 2015) to find the house style of the website had changed almost beyond recognition. The fonts are ghastly and angular, while pictures and banners have been piled on top of each other, rendering it:

• very difficult on the eye (too many bright colours);
  • difficult to find objects that are under other objects, especially hyperlinks in the dashboard, which appears to have been almost entirely obscured by new banners;
  • incredibly time-consuming to load each page, even on a home broadband connection (I dread to imagine how bad it must be for public wifi/mobile connections), because the pictures are so large — this got so frustrating that I used the Firefox add-on AdBlockPlus to block most .jpg and .png images from loading.

I, therefore, petition giffgaff to restore the house style that was in effect prior to 6th May, since it is much more user-friendly, easier to navigate, easier to read, and less bandwidth-guzzling.

home phone and broadband

by davieclarke on ‎12-05-2015 00:09

would be good if giffgaff could start home phone and broadband and do a deal with existing customers to combine mobiles and home phone

BRING BACK THE OLD THEME!

by awais_khan12 ‎06-05-2015 21:31 - edited ‎07-05-2015 18:20
Simple request - Give us an option to get the old theme please. Like in our preferences let us choose this theme or the old one!

I and several others do not like this new one very much and were not well informed of this!
And apparently we are the MOBILE NETWORK RUN BY YOU!?

I see a lot of people are having to resort to contacting agents and with the fact that agents can take upto 24 hours to reply with some members creating topics regarding the system in a negative way.

I believe it's for the best of the community and the company if giffgaff employed more agents.

Post your comments below and show your support by giving it a kudos.

Update the top 10 'ignored by gg' ideas

by cim on ‎09-04-2015 17:19

A simple idea:

gg should attend to "The top 10 ideas most supported but ignored by giffgaff " ie those which have yet to receive any status update whatsoever from gg.

Asking for ideas and then ignoring them completely often for many months is not showing sufficient respect to the community's efforts in my 'umble opinion.

With an average of around 200 kudos per ignored idea they all deserve to be acknowledged and have status updated with a well-considered comment.

I believe this is the current top 10 top ideas at time of writing which gg have never seen fit to comment on :

1. Unlimited-Time-to-go-capped
  2. Regular-Network-Performance-Reports-from-giffgaff
  3. European-Goodybag
  4. EU-Roaming-Goodybag
  5. Phone-Number-Pricing-Tool
  6. No-expiry-date-on-gigabags
  7. A-new-and-different-pricing-strategy-to-consider
  8. Personalised-Goodbags
  9. New-user-registration-page-username-ambiguity
  10. Unlimited-Goodybag-Tethering-Option

More choice of phones

by stacey_law1 on ‎22-05-2015 14:37
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I just thought if giffgaff can give us a more bigger selection of phones nice easy idea and it gives us more of a choice in which handset u want I don't think giffgaff have a wide range of phones available at the moment sorry if this has already been mentioned thanx
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count