Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message
richwes

payback

by richwes on ‎20-11-2014 02:50
User adustable payback options for monthly, 3 months, 6 months and yearly so users can use points when they want
arontaylor

4G and 3G confirmation box

by arontaylor ‎17-11-2014 18:59 - edited ‎17-11-2014 19:02

Hi

Just a quick idea..

It's come to my attention that many people are accidentally buying a 4G goodybag when wanting a normal 3G goodybag. Obviously this could be fixed if the people gave more attention as to what there doing and checking everything over before checking out but alot of people don't seem to be doing that.

I was thinking maybe giffgaff should have a confirmation popup box when people attempt to buy a 4G goodybag confirming its a 4G goodybag they want and not a 3G one.

Many people are mistakenly buying a 4G goodybag when wanting to buy a 3G goodybag and think a confirmation box would be handy with a WARNING message of some sort.

mike1ceman

images when contact an agent

by mike1ceman on ‎24-10-2014 12:21
So sometimes when you need to contact an agent it's difficult to explain exactly what's happening putting it into words etc. So I propose if we could attach a picture when contacting them this would make it easier for them to understand the problem a picture says a thousand words as they say
stephenmiller

User made giffgaff advert

by stephenmiller on ‎08-11-2014 21:01

There have been a couple of attempts at making giffgaf videos, all revolving around talking heads reading a script spliced together. I have a different concept.

One reccuring theme of giffgaff is that members come from all walks of life; places like the top of Scotland to the most densely populated cities. From industrial, scientific, artistic and all other sorts of backgrounds and I finally figured out a way to showcase that diversity in an appealing and interesting way, through user submitted time lapse videos.

For the uninitiated here is a time lapse.

A Love Letter to Moab - Timelapse from Ron Risman on Vimeo.

The concept goes like this. Over a period of time encourage members to shoot time lapse video of anything that they want. Could be their home life, a cityscape, scenic / sky.or crowds moving through a city centre. This will be the basis of showing the lives, locations and experiences of the diverse userbase. Each scene may be accompanied by a caption showing the user and event or location + any specific details.

Time lapse can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it and the staff should have a try beforehand and share best practices as well as make resources (like ways to get HD video to giffgaff) available as well as some tutorials and app suggestions. Mobile phone cameras make it easy to record any kind of media so that's a no-brainer.

The cost will be in time predominately as staff should ideally evaluate time lapse solutions and apps that deliver the best results. Getting video to giffgaff can be done in a number of ways, there's Dropbox and copy.com but just a postal address to send a DVD to can be a lot less hassle.

The benefit and end result will be a unique snapshot of both UK life and the diverse giffgaff userbase; utilising the crowd and the widespread availability of technology to share the workload and making an unpredictable and unexpected viewing experience. Or at least I think so :smileyhappy:

xavtia

4g coverage update thread

by xavtia on ‎04-11-2014 17:19

As there is little information available from giffgaff or 02 as to when4g can be expected in  towns,  we're just expected to keep checking the coverage checker to see if it has become available.

My idea is that a thread is set up that is updated as soon a town receives 4g to allow members to just read down a list of towns where 4g is available as this would be much easier than having to keep checking locations. Ideally this thread would be a sticky thread so that it is easily accessible for people looking for information on 4g coverage in their area.

littlemisszoe

Free MMS giffgaff to giffgaff

by littlemisszoe on ‎13-11-2014 10:09

Hi, 

I noticed the other day, while my dad( on giffgaff) is on holiday (in the UK) that I cannot send him MMS messages. I have an active goodybag but I am not prepared to top up an additional £10 airtime credit to send him 1 photo.

He does not have internet so cannot use Facebook or Whatsapp.

Therefore, I think it should be free to send MMS messages between other giffgaff members.  

tjonesii

Be able to make custon goodybags

by tjonesii on ‎26-10-2014 13:55

I think that it would be a good idea for people to be able to make their own, personalised, goodybags in order to reduce the number of left over minutes, data etc at the end of the month. This could work using a "drag and drop" method where each of the different components that you add to your goodybag, increase the price by a different amount.

To begin with you could just be able to chose between each of the sections of the current goodybags and so create a goodybag that looks like this by selecting different components from the £10 and £12:

• 200 UK minutes
  • Unlimited UK texts
  • 3 GB Internet
  • Free to giffgaff numbers

Im fed up of the price of unlimited web access increasing again. Dont get me wrong it is somewhat cheaper than the rest but now i will have to fork out more for this service.

I initially joined giff gaff due to unlimited web which was £10 a month, then it went to £12, now it is 3gig for £12 a month sweetened with 500 mins talk. I rarely used the talk time so this is pointless. i would love giff gaff to have a text and unlimited web goodybag. i may seek another provider now.

As can be seen on this analysis: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=giffgaff.com

Giffgaff has security, but it is not all that it should be. It could be as simple as changing a few settings and making a new certificate with current standards. I highly recommend this be done asap, especially with all the exploits and whatnot going around.

maggie333

Roll over of unused minutes and data

by maggie333 on ‎20-10-2014 16:12

I would like GiffGaff to consider any unused minutes and data to be carried onto the next month (obviously you would need to top up without a break to benefit from this). Last month I didn't use my data allowance, and this month I am almost through the 1GB.

BRING BACK THE 12 POUND GOODYBAG WITH UNLIMITED INTERNET. WELL AT LEAST FOR EXISTING USERS. THATS THE ONLY REASON I JOINED GIFFGAFFF COS IT WAS VALUE FOR MONEY AND ONLY REASON MY MATES JOINED.

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE GIVE ME KUDO'S. HOPEFULLY GIFFGAFF WILL LISTEN TO THERE CUSTOMERS
scott28280

live chat rooms

by scott28280 on ‎19-11-2014 22:02

Hi, i was thinking maybe a live chat room should be added to the website, i know the forums are great for community support but sometimes you just want a quick answer.

So, how about adding a live chat room, or live chat box, like a shout box/ticker for each category, that way users will be able to ask in a shout box and possibly get an answer immediately rather than having to wait, it would also allow user to converse and interact with each other in a mutual forum based shout session.

Scott.

jon_birkbeck

More community in-phone.

by jon_birkbeck on ‎22-11-2014 21:38

Just thinking of something new and not-done.

How about Giffgaff randomly chooses a member one night to think of a message to post to EVERY giffgaff member the next morning.

This message could be confidence building, a thought for the day, a prayer, a bit of wisdom, or something to think about. Might be nice to have something new every morning, and from all aspects of society together. 

People could opt out of the new "Giffgaff Goodmorning" or whatever it could be called, and the person who texts it can get kudos or something if it is good. Just something to bring us together more but through phone and not internet.

What do you think?

my idea is that goodybags should potentaily last forever for example if i get a £12 goodybag it should will only run out untill its been used up instead of having an expiry date at the end of the mouth.  but of cause the unlimilited stuff should be removed so like 3000 text but there should be no expiry date and will only run out untill theres 0 text left. if you buy a new one on top of that make the goodybags stackable like if you buy two goodybags you would have 6000 text.

Other words to change giffgaff into a proper PAY AS YOU GO  becasue currently its more like contract but for a mouth. 

1hale

giffgaff to sell dual sim phones

by 1hale on ‎04-11-2014 11:11
What with the surge in customer complaints about data speeds and the like why don't giffgaff import and sell dual we phones?

Not just for data problems but also for when going abroad frequently you can then keep your giffgaff sim for calls from UK and use slot two with a foreign sim for data and cheap calls.

Also if you do have a contract sim and a giffgaff sim bingo in same phone.

If you have a work phone and a personal phone bingo both in one phone.

If you frequently travel to parts of UK without giffgaff coverage have a second sim with coverage in same phone.

Well what you think?
methusan

Stop data usage automatically

by methusan on ‎24-10-2014 21:01

So giffaff should implement an opt in service that automatically blocks data usage once your limit is up. This stops people receiving unexpected reductions in credit and some other providers have implemented this idea already. 

International Roaming Goody Bags

by 0450 on ‎08-10-2014 13:34

At last twice a year I find myself in the United States. I've experimented with buying disposable SIMs and the like but realistically, if I'm making a call I'll use an OTT service through a WiFi connection. Outgoing calls on my mobile are minimal so really the service is needed for incoming calls.

With my last provider, typically my bill increased by £60 to £80 for months containing a visit to the US. These tend to be business trips and tend to last 5 to 6 days.

As things stand at the moment and given Giffgaff's international (non-EU) roaming rates, my Giffgaff SIM will be in a drawer somewhere for the duration of the trip.

That's reasonable income that Giffgaff is leaving on the table.

Giffgaff should offer international Goody Bags. These can be country specific. Also, they can have a shorter life than traditional Goody Bags.

While cost saving would be good, one of the principle aims here would be to "cap" spending while abroad -- so it'd be really neat if roaming was automatically disabled once the international Goody Bag had been consumed.

I'd happily buy a £50 US Goody Bag for my next trip in a couple of weeks time.

Just because I want to be in control of my spending on my mobile phone doesn't mean that I wont spend.

Giffgaff, broaden your offering.

Thanks for listening.

Simon

saarahibrahim

£5 goodybag

by saarahibrahim on ‎06-10-2014 21:28

Hey guys

I usually buy the £5 goodybag, but been having to buy the £7.50 goodybag because I've been using my phone a lot more and it's annoying because when I have the £5 goodybag, I really have to watch my mobile data. I think that for £5 20 MB is not sufficient and it should be slightly more, because think about it you get 250 MB for £7.50 AND unlimited texts AND 200 minutes, whereas with the £5 goodybag you get 60 minutes, 200 texts and 20MB, its not really balanced well is it? I think the £5 goodybag should offer somewhat 50-100 MB of data

What do you guys think?

I don't know if this has been already suggested - but i couldn't find any..

a lot of customers here on community forums are complaining about £10 or £15 top-ups not lasting even a day due to use of data..

Now i know; these people should know better but not everyone is up to date with tech..

How about giffgaff send text message to people who use say more than 50MB of data on credit at payg rates.. notifying them it just cost them £10 to use 50MB data however on goodybags this can be much cheaper..

of course giffgaff want to make more money off its customers..

however i think that looking after the best interests of its customers will give a good message about itself to customers.. makes giffgaff a very responsible brand.. one people want to associate themselves with and also like to spread good word around..

What do you fellow giffgaffers think??

I open the "my giffgaff" iOS app on my iPhone a few times a month and each time it requires me to log back into my giffgaff account, usually giving me a user-unfriendly error message and then displaying old information rather than presenting me with the login screen, but I digress...

Giffgaff should support users having strong unique passwords to secure their accounts. The safest way to manage these is with a password manager. iOS has a built-in password manager: the iCloud Keychain and now in iOS 8 this can be used to provide Touch ID login into third-party apps like the "my giffgaff" iOS app. However, support for this needs to be provided in the "my giffgaff" app (see https://developer.apple.com/ios8). I suggest this would be beneficial to giffgaff in encouraging their customers to use strong passwords, whilst also offering a very convenient way to log back into the "my giffgaff" app.

Furthermore, third-party password managers exist that also offer login support to third-party apps like "my giffgaff" by making use of iOS 8 extensions. In particular, 1Password have created an app extension with a brand-neutral URL scheme that can be used by any generic third-party password manager:

https://blog.agilebits.com/2014/08/04/filling-with-your-approval-on-1passwords-app-extension-and-ios...

Again, it would be convenient if the "my giffgaff" app could support third-party password manager app extensions for users to conveniently and securely log into their Giffgaff accounts on iOS. For more details, see this blog post: https://blog.agilebits.com/2014/09/03/1password-app-extension-developers

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count