Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message
eldee

Goody/Gigabags for another account

by eldee on ‎20-10-2014 18:11

We can already buy airtime credit for a GG number other than our own using a credit/debit card. How would it be if we could buy a Goodybag or Gigabag for another number using our airtime credit.

I'm not sure if this would present too great a technical challenge or whether there are sound business reasons against it. What do you think?

4ndygr4yuk

Change couurier from UKMail

by 4ndygr4yuk on ‎03-10-2014 10:22

I believe that giffgaff should put its contract for courier services (currently being poorly delivered by UKMail) out to pitch.

my research it would appear that a significant proportion of our community have experienced considerable inconvenience resulting from giffgaff's use of UKMail as a courier - myself included. Their service is very poor. My own experience of having a driver not attempt delivery, a parcel 'going missing', spending hours on the phone on hold to the UKMail office who promise to call you back but never do... sadly does not seem uncommon.

Quite simply, there are a wealth of other couriers in a very competitive market for delivery services. Giffgaff should take advantage of this and invite pitches from other suppliers.

Enough is enough

ian011

Actively offer replacement product for withdrawn £12.50 gigabag

by ian011 ‎24-09-2014 14:19 - edited ‎25-09-2014 22:30

giffgaff recently amended the various goodybag, goodybag with BIS and gigabag product offerings.

The £12.50 (3GB) gigabag has been withdrawn.

Upon arriving at the gigabags page with the intention of buying the old £12.50 gigabag again and seeing only the £7.50 (500MB) and £10.00 (1GB) options listed, my first thought would be to leave giffgaff and swap to another network.

In order to retain customers, this page should have a short piece of text explaining the £12.50 (3GB) gigabag has been withdrawn and direct members to look at the £12 goodybag product. This has the same amount of data for 50p per month less cost.

This is basic marketing practice. It's easier to retain existing customers than to find new ones.

Edit: As suggested below, it could also mention the 5GB for £15 goodybag there as well.

Idea Issue Tracker

jaives

Searching

by jaives on ‎07-10-2014 08:58
Love the giffgaff community but find it really hard to search for knowledge. Pretty new on here and know how we try not to duplicate things on the site but it seems to happen a lot. Wouldn't it be a idea to update or revamp the search engine to be faster and more accurate instead of quessing what you are trying to search for. I have just realised it is easier for google to point me in the direction of my giffgaff search. I know its probably down to tech n expense but the search engine is really a big part of the community Thanks for reading :-)
russchallis1

Mobile Data Text Alerts

by russchallis1 on ‎05-10-2014 20:38

I'm always going over the 20mb data limit by mistake. Would it be an idea if giffgaff could send a text message when we get to something like 18mb just so that we know how much data we are using?

How about matching 3 mobile PAGY prices 3p calls, 2p SMS, 1p MB on Hokey Cokey goodybag after allowance has been used. Great way for Giffgaff to get back into the competitive price market :smileyhappy:

It would be great if the unlimited data goodybags could have a limited tethering allowance so that we can have some tethering ability.  This should be set at a usable amount like the 4gb offered by Three for their unlimited data tarrifs or higher.  That way if you need to dial in using the laptop or tablet for work or watching a film with friends a few times a month, it's still possible without opening up tethering to the abuse that unlimited tethering invites.

jesi23

Economy-7 goody bag

by jesi23 on ‎11-10-2014 14:24
I have been reading a lot of posts since I registered nearly two weeks ago, and there seems to be a lot of people upset about the changes in pricing to the bundles.

The £12.50 gigabag has gone, and although the ostensible replacement is the £12 goodybag (now limited to the 3GB it used to have) a lot of people are uncomfortable, including those of us with iPad who have no use for minutes & texts.

My thought was, if the idea is to reduce peak demand, and speed up traffic, why not have an "Economy-7" goodybag, perhaps costing £7 (how original!) which would give minutes, texts and data overnight - maybe from 11pm to 6am or from midnight to 7am.

This would meet the needs of night workers (who tend to sleep all day) and those of us who only access WiFi when they are out and about, but haven't got it at home, and sometimes want to do things like shop or sort out online banking in the middle of the night.

It would have limited data - between 1 - 2 GB - and a text and call allowance which could ONLY be used at night, and the out-of-bundle costs would apply during daytime, so they would need to have airtime credit as well.

I think this might be a popular option, just like many people use Economy-7 for their electricity to save energy and reduce Peak-time usage.

Jes
aronrose

top up

by aronrose on ‎29-09-2014 20:33

I think giffgaff should make it that you  can buy a goodybag with your airtime credit

on the same number that you top up with a voucher.   ( like other networks do )

The reasons are: 1. its easier than logging on

2. some people dont have internet phones so its a massive pain to log on

especially when you are on the go.

It should be something like:    press 1 for £5 goody bag  press 2 for £10 goodybag e.t.c.

so if you want giffgaff to do this please KUDOS this post

Thanks.

OK, using giffgaff is actually a bit of a pain if you are travelling abroad for any length of time (particularly outside of Europe).

The issue is that, even if you have a current goody bag, the call costs come from the top up 'fund' on your account. Overseas charges are high (especially outside of Europe) so if you use your phone even moderately you may need to make multiple top ups.

This is where the problem kicks in.

1. The first few top ups seem to work

2. After that, giffgaff apply a restriction to your account as a 'fraud prevention' measure

3. Further top ups are unsuccesful with a "bank declined" message being shown

4. The message also suggests you try alternative cards to pay for the top up but, because it is a giffgaff block on your account, all alternative cards are rejected with the same "bank declined" message.

5. This is very unhelpful as it may cause you to contact your bank (as I did) and ask them why they are declining the transactions only to find that no transactions are being passed on to the bank!

6. The restiriction seems impossible to lift; if you contact the agents (as I did) you are told to "get a friend to buy a voucher and send you the code", which is a laughably inadequate response.

7. The restiriction may continue after you return to the UK, which means that you cannot text back to people overseas for several days until giffgaff get around to resetting your account.

All in all, this is pretty unsatisfactory.

A simple solution would be to copy the sort of approach taken by many companies when in similar positions; merely ping an email to the email address linked to the account asking the user to log in and confirm the tranactions are legit. Or even modify the message to tell the user to contact giffgaff and confirm the top up attempts are bona fide transactions.

That way the restriction could be lifted and the user could happily make calls / send texts while abroad.

Addressing this will greatly improve the experience of giffgaff users when abroad as it will let them do things such as check calls / messages on their usual number and avoid them having to purchase a local PAYG SIM in the country they are visiting.

commotion

Minimum £5 top up

by commotion on ‎21-09-2014 11:04
I think a £5 minimum top up would be perfect for those who need a small airtime credit top up.<br><br>Those on recurring goodybags don't usually need large airtime credits sitting on their account balance.<br><br>Also members only need a small top up to purchase a new goodybag, I think a ten pounds minimum top up is too high.<br><br>I don't think it would be expensive to implement or administer.<br><br>It would also encourage more small top ups. It would also appeal to many users.
hurst3456

goodybag purchase options

by hurst3456 on ‎12-10-2014 11:58
It would be helpful if I was able to purchase a goodybag on the top up phone option instead of just online as when a goodybag runs out I cant access my giffgaff due to no data allowance left
mike1ceman

More member created games

by mike1ceman ‎15-10-2014 16:23 - edited ‎15-10-2014 16:35

So I'm still new to GG and really enjoying the community and decided I wanted to play an active part and I came up with an idea for a game. I searched the threads and saw nothing similar was already being done so decided to go about making it happen. Almost immediately after creating the post I received a private message from an agent telling me my post had been removed as even though it was a "great idea" only three games are allowed to be active at anyone time to prevent alot of similar threads. So my proposal is simple three active games a time seems a very small number when one takes into account the number of members and so I for one would like to see the "three active games" rule revised to make it less limiting since the current active games could potentially run indefinitely meaning no room for anyone else's ideas.

When applying to become a giffgaffer it needs to be made obvious when trying to reward the person who introduced you.
jakesanderson22

blocking numbers

by jakesanderson22 on ‎29-09-2014 16:39

giffgaff should put a thing on the webpage that people can use to block number in there account so the number cant contact them back again 

1hale

Purchase bags (goody/giga) and credit via 43430

by 1hale ‎27-09-2014 18:27 - edited ‎27-09-2014 18:58

I know this idea been posted before HOWEVER this idea spelled out how to make it work.

You dial 43430

You press:

1 - For credit
2 - For goodybag
3 - For gigabag

Then you press:

1 - To pay by airtime credit (or redeem a voucher if just buying credit)

2 - To pay by a credit/debit card (only if you previously purchased the bag online)

Then you get asked to press:

1 - For "Yes I have a Blackberry"
2 - For "No I do not have a blackberry"

Then you press (option depends on which bag you are buying²):

1 - For "£5 Hokey Cokey"/"£5 gigabag"
2 - For "£7.50 goodybag"/"£7.50 gigabag"
3 - For "£10 goodybag"
4 - For "£12 goodybag"
5 - For "£15 goodybag"
6 - For "£18 goodybag"

Then if you are paying by card you are then asked to enter the 3 digit security code of the stored credit/debit card.

Bingo you then receive a text message confirming purchase of said bag.

² = If answered yes to owning a Blackberry then bags would be correct price for goodybag + BB add on.

As we can all see, a lot of people are unhappy about the current situation with data on goodybags being reduced, in particular the £12 goodybag losing unlimited data, and in all liklihood, feel that 3GB is not good enough.

I'm sure that the most unhappy people are similar to myself, people who prioritise data over minutes and texts.

For this reason, I suggest an alternative £12 goodybag, with reduced minutes from "Option 1" (which increased minutes to 500)

I propose a £12 goodybag option where:

Data&colon; Unlimited Data remains (At the very least gives a 5GB allowance)

Texts: Unlimited

Minutes: 200/300

giffgaff needs to realise that not all customers require excessive minutes and as this referendum is showing, prefer data instead.

Please Kudos this idea if you prioritise data over minutes :smileyhappy:

ripbox

edit via mobile site/app

by ripbox on ‎15-10-2014 11:27
Firt off apologies if this idea has been put forward before now.
So the idea is simple and may e many are not so fussed, however as many member here who use the mobile app /mobile site will know the only way to edit a post mistake is to scroll to the bottom of the thread and hit full the use the drop down to edit the post 📪
This isnt a terrably difficult tast however a lot of effort to correct or change something.
Therefore i propose the idea of an edit button for fast editing via the moble/app site.
This not only help us look less stupid but allows member to give the best, fasted and correct replies to questions and queries, making the forums more efficient.
methusan

Missed call message

by methusan on ‎09-09-2014 23:54

If a person calls your phone while it is turned off, then you will not get a notification on your phone when you turn it on telling you that someone has called. Giffgaff should create a system where if a caller reaches your voicemail (but doesn't leave a voice message) , then Giffgaff will send a message notifying you that the person had called. Companies such as o2 have already implemented the idea and i feel as if its useful!

samuelsparrow

GIFT BAG

by samuelsparrow on ‎05-09-2014 16:51
It would be great to 'Gift' a goodybag to friends and family.

We could call it a 'GIFT BAG'

What do you think?
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count