Ideas

Looking for something?
New Message

Data shortcode

by sholi on ‎11-03-2015 22:04
It would be great if there was also a shortcode for data balance.
If you agree please kudo the idea.
Thanks

P.S. i have checked the shortcode guide and i cant find one. Please correct me if i am wrong

Duobag

by tokyobuta on ‎18-03-2015 16:52

I’m sure that this must have been suggested before, but how about an option to run two parallel “bags” on one account – a Phonebag for voice and mails and a Databag for data. Giffgaff goodybags are great, but they are always something of a compromise – data and voice are really different things and we all use our mobiles in different ways, and maybe change the way that we use them from time to time. Giffgaff has always been innovative and flexible, and this would be a real innovation in the mobile voice and data market as well as ultimately flexible.

I’m suggesting that we could buy our voice/mail packages and data packages separately, and that they could run over different thirty day periods, with the option to renew either component early, without affecting the duration of the other. This would be a total “mix and match” package, so that we could buy what we need at the time.

I find that the 4G £18 1,000 minutes of voice and unlimited mails plus 5GB of tetherable data comes nearest to what I need, but there are often times when I need much more (and occasionally less) data or voice. I’d be happy to pay perhaps two to four pounds more for an equivalent total package in which the data and voice/mail components were bought and accounted separately.

Duobag anyone?

Data

by awais_khan12 ‎04-03-2015 20:29 - edited ‎20-03-2015 16:04
I think Giffgaff really gotta invest money in improving the 'data' speeds or really do something about this as they are ridiculous atm for some
Money should be invested in this area as I think this is where giffgaff currently lacks.
If this improves I believe it will stop many members leaving and may attract new members to also join along with the already awesome goodybag deals. Feel free to comment on what you think. If you agree show your support and giffgaff may implement this.

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Goodybags

by sadika22 on ‎03-03-2015 21:16
Does anyone else think giffgaff need to do something about the amount of minutes available on the goodybags? What I'm trying to say is that giffgaff offer 9 goodybag in total (3G & 4G) and 5 of them 9 goodybag all have 500 minutes call allowance. What the heck giffgaff? What about people who want more minutes and no data? Surely they shouldn't have to pay £18 when they don't need the data allowance. We need some new goodybags I tuink.

Five year bonus

by dangaff on ‎06-02-2015 16:22

So, when you've been with giffgaff for 5 years, mark this with a bonus as a special thank you. Airtime credit or free goodybag.  Reward customer loyalty, improve customer retention and satisfaction - it's good for business.

BACK UP EMAIL ADDRESSES

by lambson on ‎26-02-2015 09:18

Recently my wife had her email hacked and this led to countless problems. The one I'm interested in here is how difficult it was to get into her giffgaff account after it happened. She managed to forget all her passwords as she had a system that she thought saved them for her. Anyway, the real problem came when we wanted to contact an agent as nothing in the dropdown lists applied and our efforts were met with "ERRORS ON FORM" messages. We did eventually get to an agent and everything was sorted, (Thankyou community)  MY idea is for us all to have a back up email account on the system to alleviate this problem in the future.

Unlimited Goodybag, Tethering Option

by i_am_sy ‎10-01-2015 15:41 - edited ‎11-01-2015 19:00

Currently when someone trys the tether on a unlimited goodybag they are blocked for 30 minutes, this is the right thing to do as they could abuse the data, however it creates a issue, anyone who buys a unlimited goodybag thinking that they can tether is now stuck, we can only advise them to get a limited goodybag next month that alows tethering.

So anyway the member has been presented with a 30 minute block, this causes them to kick off on the help board as they have not seen that it says you can not tether.

My Idea:

Add a option to the goodybag, to go limited for the rest of the month and allow tethering.

The unlimited goodybag is going back up to its £20 price point soon so i think a fair amount of data would be 8GB, all the members usage up to this point would be deducted from that amount, so if they have used 4GB of there unlimited so far they would have 4GB left that they can then tether.

The option to go limited can be shown on there dashboard with a counter of how much data they would have left if they chose it, and can also be on the 30 minute block page, if seleted it would instanly unblock internet access.

Please vote for this idea by clicking Kudos.

Cheers

-Sy

price plan

by ashleybristoluk on ‎12-03-2015 14:37

three offer price plan 321 

3p mins

2p a text

1p data 

with 4g as well

Who agree with this giffgaff need offer this 

App for free

by j4mrk82 on ‎19-02-2015 12:47
I think giffgaff should allow its users to access the giffgaff app for free, eg if they have no data remaining they should be able to access it, as all we can do on it is top up check allowance etc

payg credit set to use 4g as standard?

by bmw4175 on ‎13-02-2015 20:40

currently if you are just a payg customer you only get 3g data as standard. 

The only way of getting 4g on payg is to buy a 4g bag and then afterwards if your using credit for data you continue to get 4g unless you buy a 3g bag then it reverts back to 3g by default. 

So my idea is simply make it that if the member has a 4g device that when they activate there new GG sim using credit for data gives them 4g by default. 

After all gg's data is very expensive to use on payg so it's only fair that members get there money's worth! 

Your comments and suggestions are welcome and don't forget to kudos the idea if you want to see it happen! 

Thanks for reading  :smileyhappy:

Summary single call, data texts cost

by traelkom on ‎06-03-2015 18:11

Hi there

Would be nice to have a summary of what the usage of a previous week/month was.

I would suggest to create a window on my giffgaff personal space.

For excample

call 074xxxxxxxx 2 min, cost £0,12

data usage last week 0.3 g

ecc

I think this is more transparent as too many users complained about credit gone and they do not know where..

Thank you everyone:smileyhappy:

Revise Gigabag pricing

by kath72 on ‎24-02-2015 14:59

I know the goddybags have all been revised in the (fairly) recent past But...

It is possible to buy a gigabag of 1GB for £7.50

However for £15 you can get 5gb of perfectly tetherable data with calls and texts as well

The gigabags don't look very attractive when that comparison is made

Personalised Goodbags

by elijoby12 on ‎03-01-2015 17:31

GiffaGaff For The People By The People. (I love this idea) 

So my idea goes like this- Instead of having set plans i.e £12 for so many minutes, texts, and data; you have the option to pick how many minutes, texts, and data you want. The cost is processed from the relavant ammounts you choice, and everyone is happy (hopefully).

I'm not sure if this makes much sense (the festive times have certainly catched up with my senses) so I've attached a picture I created on paint. You're welcome to even use my wonderful 'slider' idea and the catch phrase. 

Peas xGiff~Gaff Idea.png

I think that as you get a sim card with the phone unless you are an existing member then the affiliate payback scheme does NOT apply.

However why not ask people if they were referred to giffgaff and from whom and then order a sim card linked to that member with the phone so the customer can still benefit from the bonus £5 top up.

And us referrers can still earn our £5 payback.

So you currently order a phone from giffgaff as a new customer and receive a sim card that when activated provided NO bonus credit.

HOWEVER if my idea was implemented Joe Bloggs could go to order a phone and would be asked:

"Were you referred to this page by an existing member?"

He replies yes and then inputs 1hale.

Then giffgaff as usual supply the phone with the sim BUT this time the activation code would tell the system to award Joe Bloggs with £5 bonus credit AND award me 500 payback points.

What do you think???

International Roaming Charges

by andy_waters on ‎02-03-2015 20:46

I find prices outside the EU well a bit pricey... £1 a minute to recieve/make calls, 30p per text are rather steep and even though they don't seem huge i find when i'm abroad a simple conversation on text has soon cost me £3. The data charges are especially bad, £5 a MB?? Why?! It's extortionate. I think these international charges need to be revised. One idea i've seen implemented elsewhere is allowing a customer to pay £X per month to keep roaming charges the same as they are in the EU while further afield. 

Kudos appreciated if you agree!

1% back for your remaing minutes

by hiteshjani on ‎25-03-2015 01:56
Hello
Giffgaffers
My idea is 1% of minutes is to be extended or payback in to next month period.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
❓How about if you can get 1% back on your remaining minutes ( refund in minutes)
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
if you have 300 minutes left in your current goodybag then your 1% reward would for next minth will be" 3 MINUTES "
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
👍100 (left minutes ) =1minutes (next month reward)

Drop your own opinion and your ideas !
Feel free to kudos if this ides sounds good !

All the best
Cheers!

Where a GiffGaff banner ad appears on the internet, as well as price, etc. it should include something about also running on the O2 network.

People who don't know about GiffGaff probably think they will get a poor service compared to that provided by the big mobile players (people I've spoken to confirmed this). 

To encourage them to switch, it should be made clear on the banner ads that when you sign up you actually get the O2 network for less money.  At the moment, they don't find that out until they click through from the ad...

Top Up £5/£7.50 of credit

by cathalmc on ‎01-02-2015 15:13

Sometimes you just need a little bit of credit to get you to the end of the month.

You can buy goodybags for £5, or £7.50 so why can't these options be available for credit?

European Goodybag

by crypticmiss on ‎02-12-2014 16:18
As I travel a lot, sometimes for long periods in Europe, it is prohibitively expensive to even receive calls on Giffgaff let alone make them. Is it possible to have a goody bag for use in Europe. I currently put my Giffgaff on hold and buy a sim in the relevant country, but this means people in the UK cannot get hold of me on my different number. I think Giffgaff is great value and this would be a great help for anyone holidaying in Europe. Thanks. Please give kudos if you think this is a good idea.

Conference calling

by marcc19 on ‎05-03-2015 18:06
You need to enable it seems to only be an option on contract phones why can't we have it?
Announcements

Join us

Weekly Poll
If you had £1 billion, which luxury device would you get?
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors