Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
bertiebat

SIM account - SIM bar status information

by bertiebat ‎07-07-2011 22:24 - edited ‎08-07-2011 01:03

A simple idea really, but can we access the SIM bar statuses.

This could either be displayed online within the account details or by dialling a short code and getting a response as to which bars are set (either on or off).  Both would be good. :smileyhappy:

The bars I'm referring to are:

Over 18,

Data,

Roaming,

Data roaming (when it comes in that is :smileywink:)

Think that's it really :smileyvery-happy: 

Edit: changed title slightly to be clearer.

Hey Folks, so we have decided not to go with this Idea. The Under 18 bar is always on, with every new sim - and to anyone who receives a data bar, we'd rather focus our efforts on improving the member experience for others rather than those who have broken our T&Cs, hope this helps!
Comments
by trudiw on ‎07-07-2011 22:26
I'm sure it would be useful if it's possible for giffgaff to do this :smileyhappy:
by aandms on ‎07-07-2011 22:28
the roaming bar will only be on if you have requested it to be, this could be made clearer to newbies
by bertiebat ‎07-07-2011 22:31 - edited ‎07-07-2011 22:35

@aandms, yes it was actually a post asking about the roaming bar that prompted this idea.  

The boards quite often have posts and we just have to guess that a particular bar might be in place.  This would be very helpful in advising whether they REALLY need to contact an agent to get a possible bar removed or whether it might be another issue entirely.  

by marta77 on ‎07-07-2011 22:33

also the 18+ bar will only get removed if you show them your over 18 so doubt you will have that option, also this is a duplicate has been suggested before

by 1992chris on ‎07-07-2011 22:33

really like this! i think there should be a mini-tab (or whatever you call them) in my giffgaff called like Sim bars or something really like though !

by bertiebat on ‎07-07-2011 22:40

@marta77, I was not suggesting being able to remove the bar, just for it to be displayed.  It is not a duplicate (and nobody has suggested that as far as I know?).  The other idea I included into the idea, I simply referenced to make it clear it was not the same and therefore not a duplicate.  I might even removed it if it's confusing people.

by ed33 on ‎07-07-2011 22:49

I haven't seen anything like this so far. Good idea!

by rong42 on ‎08-07-2011 11:58

i completely agree with the idea, and it stirred a vague memory in me. im not suggesting this is a duplicate idea, but I seem to remember reading something similar before, I think in the gg FAQs.or perhaps reading that gg originally intended to do this, but have never got around to it?

i had a quick search of the FAQs and found the following:

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/111

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/116

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77

i could be getting confused here, but these seem to say that you should be able to do what you suggest already? i know the FAQs are not entirely reliable, but i would have thought someone must have approved the information to be up there in the first place

by reecehaigh on ‎08-07-2011 13:11

I remember reading on another post about changing the main dashboard to hide the tabs and things so maybe if this ever happens then this may be a new box on the dash which you can open or minimize. 

by wcssj on ‎08-07-2011 13:47

It's worth pointing out that this would save the giffgaff agents some work too, as there is a steady stream of problems posted where one of these bars is a suspect but the agents then have to be asked (and waited upon) before the problem can be solved.

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
Are you aware of the #alltheboss campaign?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:1,555 members 4,124 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: