Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
jamesd2010

The giffgaff SIM Checker.

by jamesd2010 on ‎31-07-2011 17:45

The SIM check.PNG

Ok so what’s this all about?

When you receive a SIM, you have no identification if it’s yours or in fact a family members SIM, the only giveaway is the label on the package, which would then be thrown away. You could get a little bit muddled up with SIMs, and then what do you do?

Or perhaps, you’re a Micro SIM distributor, and would like to check that SIM out to see if it’s one of yours?  Or maybe a new member, that would like to check if that SIM you’ve got will grab you £5 free credit?

The list goes on, and I’ve included some ideas below:

Why would this be useful?

• You have more than one family member, and you want to be sure this SIM is yours to grab your 500 points
  • You’re a Micro SIM distributor, and you’re concerned about the recent scam.
  • You’re a new user, you want to be sure the SIM you’ve got will grab you £5 credit.
  • You like to re-assure yourself the SIM is tied to your account.

The proposal:

My proposal is to have a facility linked to the SIM database which allows users to search for their SIMs by simply typing in the activation code, and then with this simple activation code, allows them to check if the SIM is associated with the user, or if it is in fact associated with someone else.

The system would only have to query a yes or no, and wouldn’t need to provide the member name (protection of other users), and then if it is linked, would display the example above. If it it wasn’t then it would say something like “Bad news” and then say “this SIM isn’t linked to your account, so you wouldn’t get 500 points, better luck next time!”

As you can see from the picture I’ve brewed up, it would be a good feature to have, and I hope you agree, if you do, a kudos would show your support.

Thanks for reading, if you’d like my idea explained more, just let me know.

Comments
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,330 members 1,773 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: