Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
aks782

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

by aks782 ‎16-04-2010 20:35 - edited ‎21-04-2010 18:45

I think it would be nice if we could order a GoodyBag or apply credit via text

I'll explain scenario, today i wanted the £5/month GoodyBag but really did not want to log on to my laptop [cos its sooo slow], so could have just texted "£5 Goodybag" to a GG phone number, [if your credit card details are saved online] they then in a text back ask me to confirm what i am buying and then apply the respective goodybag/credit to my account. Then if i wanted credit i could have texted "£5 credit".

Just an idea, leave your comments or if you like it Kudos the idea

please note: i added the "apply credit" idea  from the response from 'geekonthepc'. So many thanks to him/her

This, as well as a few other interactions via text are on the radar of Member Experience for 2014. There needs to be a few more discussions and prioritisation sessions to figure out which projects make the top of the pile, but this Idea is a contender. We'll let you know if it makes the cut in its current form.
Comments
by michael607 on ‎13-07-2012 06:31

06/05/2012 - this idea is still Not Suitable facing review and our position is still that we don't want to pursue this as an avenue to top up. Instead we will continue to focus on the web and on getting giffgaff.com fully functional on mobile devices. (95)

I have to credit this idea, i agree that it may not have been suitable as giffgaff wanted to create their brand through the web, but i do feel that giffgaff would see an increase in numbers if this were ever introduced.

the thing which seems to put off a good number of folk is the web access thing. there is a large proportion of people who are quite happy living without a computer, and perhaps see no value in having one.

the only potential flaw i see with this idea at present, is in order to buy goodybags and have credit added, you need an account, which currently can only be done via the web.

it seems to me that this issue would need addressing, then follow on with this idea.

hmmm, thinks..
by rlproper on ‎15-07-2012 18:30
I've just been referred back here from a new (duplicate) post - but I kudosed this months ago. I want to add my support again (shame I can only kudos once) and state that 105 kudos are currently being ignored. Giffgaff, please listen to us!
by as7861 on ‎15-07-2012 18:56

@rlproper

Hey, 

This idea needs 40 more kudos/votes to be re-considered :smileyhappy: 

Thanks

by rlproper on ‎15-07-2012 20:03
I don't think it will be reconsidered. They have made up their mind!
by djgiffgaff on ‎01-08-2012 12:28

would be sooooo much easier to buy by text or via the phone service when putting the top up in

by zaheed_123 on ‎10-08-2012 01:04
Great idea
by jaygb1982 on ‎30-08-2012 19:40

Ideas like this SHOULD be reconsidered... 

by greenfrogman ‎07-11-2012 05:21 - edited ‎07-11-2012 05:21

seems bad that they are rejecting this Considering how easy it is to implement

the Topup Number should Allow the Buying of goodybags and gigabags (as long as they have enough Air time credit)

the Use of an debit Card use on the topup number i not care to much if that was supported or not as that is more compicated to do

make sure you vote this one up as well http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Order-a-GoodyBag-and-apply-credit-via-t...

by giffgaff Educator on ‎13-03-2013 09:30
Status changed to: Under Consideration
It is felt that this is a highly complex Idea to implement, from both a technology viewpoint and also getting the experience right for members. For example, would we allow management of queueing and recurring goodybags via this method, and how would it work if we did? While we're not opposed to the Idea, we're hesitant to begin work on it without first fully understanding the reasons the community wants it and the full extent of the technological implementation (including how it will mesh with existing systems). This will allow us to confirm whether the benefits of developing this Idea will outweigh the costs and time involved with getting it right. We would therefore like to start a discussion on this idea in the Contribute in the near future and get as much community feedback and discussion on the idea as we can.
by azeemkhan on ‎06-08-2013 22:32
Supported.
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,512 members 2,402 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: