Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
aks782

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

by aks782 ‎16-04-2010 20:35 - edited ‎21-04-2010 18:45

I think it would be nice if we could order a GoodyBag or apply credit via text

I'll explain scenario, today i wanted the £5/month GoodyBag but really did not want to log on to my laptop [cos its sooo slow], so could have just texted "£5 Goodybag" to a GG phone number, [if your credit card details are saved online] they then in a text back ask me to confirm what i am buying and then apply the respective goodybag/credit to my account. Then if i wanted credit i could have texted "£5 credit".

Just an idea, leave your comments or if you like it Kudos the idea

please note: i added the "apply credit" idea  from the response from 'geekonthepc'. So many thanks to him/her

This, as well as a few other interactions via text are on the radar of Member Experience for 2014. There needs to be a few more discussions and prioritisation sessions to figure out which projects make the top of the pile, but this Idea is a contender. We'll let you know if it makes the cut in its current form.
Comments
by seri on ‎12-10-2010 01:23

fab idea

by marpha on ‎18-10-2010 08:53

great idea!

by samlowe on ‎19-10-2010 16:40

Would be very good to be able to buy a Goodybag via text! :smileyvery-happy:

by milliejayne on ‎29-10-2010 08:59

sounds like a plan

by manil on ‎31-10-2010 11:48

Indeed it does sound like a pretty awesome idea (Y)

by autumn on ‎02-11-2010 16:10

I have two questions for you giff gaffers, firstly, sorry for sounding kinda lame but what is a kudos and how do I give one?

Secondly, how do I buy a goody bag?

Thank you for your help giff gaffers x

by kadhim on ‎07-11-2010 21:33

i approve this message..

by vincent on ‎09-11-2010 15:15
Status changed to: Not For Us
We've decided not to pursue this as an avenue to top up. Instead we will continue to focus on the web and on getting giffgaff.com fully functional on mobile devices as well as expanding the work we've done on our IVR system (IVR = press 1 for top up by card....).
by jabventure ‎13-11-2010 00:22 - edited ‎20-11-2010 16:24

I believe this decision prohibits giffgaffers from topping up in a number of scenarios.

The problems voiced by giffgaffers centre around the inconvenience impacted on them by the methods of payment, simply put;

Mobile + Credit Card + Computer + Internet Access

Mobile + Shop + Cash/Card + Journey

In these examples a number of conditions have to be true at one time to complete a payment. The uniting condition is that you have to be in a certain location, either at a shop or at the computer.

SMS payment simplifies the equation thusly;

Mobile + 1 SMS

(If using beem, they would have to set up an account)

Automatically, customers are no longer forced to travel to make payments - they can do it on the spot. The only time they need visit a shop or a computer is if they don't have enough credit to send 1 SMS.

Vincent - I suggest that giffgaff give this more thought!

Poll your users, see how many would use SMS payment.

by jabventure on ‎13-11-2010 00:27

IVR cannot service the need INSTEAD OF SMS payment because it will take a lot longer for customers to do. I imagine it will cost giffgaff more as well.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,320 members 1,731 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: