Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
aks782

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

by aks782 ‎16-04-2010 20:35 - edited ‎21-04-2010 18:45

I think it would be nice if we could order a GoodyBag or apply credit via text

I'll explain scenario, today i wanted the £5/month GoodyBag but really did not want to log on to my laptop [cos its sooo slow], so could have just texted "£5 Goodybag" to a GG phone number, [if your credit card details are saved online] they then in a text back ask me to confirm what i am buying and then apply the respective goodybag/credit to my account. Then if i wanted credit i could have texted "£5 credit".

Just an idea, leave your comments or if you like it Kudos the idea

please note: i added the "apply credit" idea  from the response from 'geekonthepc'. So many thanks to him/her

This, as well as a few other interactions via text are on the radar of Member Experience for 2014. There needs to be a few more discussions and prioritisation sessions to figure out which projects make the top of the pile, but this Idea is a contender. We'll let you know if it makes the cut in its current form.
Comments
by lovepandas on ‎22-09-2013 05:27

I think this is a good idea, being able top-up by texts or having goody bag options on the top-up line.

Simply because some people are not always online and to convert their airtime credit into a goody bag. So, having other options is a good idea. 

by deffers90 on ‎21-10-2013 09:51

Hi

I know giffgaff is an online based network which is great.  But sometimes there are issues when topping up online when you're not in the UK.  What I'd like to propose is that there is a faceility to be able to top up by text, other networks such as Virign Mobile offer this service.  It requires that you have a credit or debit card registered to your account.

At Virigin you you have to enter the amount you want to top up by, the last 4 digits of your card number and the last 3 digitis of the CVV number.

The reason I'm suggesting this as I have read that some people have been prevented from topping up online when they're abroad so I thought this would make it easier for those who like to take their phone with them when they travel.

Thank you

by jfurniss on ‎21-10-2013 10:06

I think this is a good idea, especially if you don't have access to the internet at home or your access is intermittent.

by bettylalik on ‎30-10-2013 16:12

At the moment, after topping up (which can be done using a voucher over the phone, by calling 43430) in order to covert the newly acquired credit into a goodybag, one needs to go online. Assuming that right after topping up there is no goodybag active, the cost of going online will be taken from the credit (which for some very unlucky basterds may mean that there is no enough left to activate the desired goodybag...).

It would be very convenient if the goodybag could be chosen by calling, possibly as an option during the voucher activation.

by nate37 on ‎30-10-2013 16:32

Didn't you read the post by endorphin on your thread in contribute that said this idea was a duplicate!

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/Choosing-Your-Goodybag-Over-The-Pho...

by mattsmith100 on ‎30-10-2013 17:45

It's free to go on giffgaff.com/topup, so it uses no data, so problem resolved! :smileyhappy:

by bettylalik on ‎21-11-2013 18:58

That's actually quite good to know that going online to giffgaff.com is free 

by immyz_bargins on ‎02-12-2013 01:39
Hi guys i only just got use working giffgaff website on my ipad lol im getting to old!!<br>Right my idea was when you top up you have activate or purchase your goodyback via the websiteb only so i dont know or think there is anyway of doing this besides going on the website stop me if im wrong<br>So my idea was can we not get somthing together where we top up on our mobile phone and at the same time we can purchase/choose our goodback.????<br>The reason i ask this because some people cant use pc/ ipads/laptop or some people have not got a laptop or pc to activate goodback or some people are really old like me and cant use anything<br>Anyways giffgaff thort id put an idea up<br>Hope you guys can doing somthing<br>Cheers<br>
by cps15966 on ‎02-12-2013 02:02
it would make life a bit easier on some occasions so not a bad idea, will probably turn out to be some bizarre reason why.it can't be done though
by amandakeech on ‎05-12-2013 02:25
It would be soo much easier than having to go online somewhere to pick ya goodybag. Just a though...
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,704 members 1,562 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: