Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
aks782

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

by aks782 ‎16-04-2010 20:35 - edited ‎21-04-2010 18:45

I think it would be nice if we could order a GoodyBag or apply credit via text

I'll explain scenario, today i wanted the £5/month GoodyBag but really did not want to log on to my laptop [cos its sooo slow], so could have just texted "£5 Goodybag" to a GG phone number, [if your credit card details are saved online] they then in a text back ask me to confirm what i am buying and then apply the respective goodybag/credit to my account. Then if i wanted credit i could have texted "£5 credit".

Just an idea, leave your comments or if you like it Kudos the idea

please note: i added the "apply credit" idea  from the response from 'geekonthepc'. So many thanks to him/her

This, as well as a few other interactions via text are on the radar of Member Experience for 2014. There needs to be a few more discussions and prioritisation sessions to figure out which projects make the top of the pile, but this Idea is a contender. We'll let you know if it makes the cut in its current form.
Comments
by robbie28 on ‎20-11-2010 16:04

@jabventure I removed the link to your video demonstration as it was full of swearing - and this is a family toned community.

by jabventure on ‎20-11-2010 16:12

OK - I have reciprocated that in my signature. 

by khairul on ‎21-11-2010 13:26

Vincent, you have ruled out topping up via SMS.

But is buying a goodybag via 43430 still on the cards?

by freddiekay on ‎21-12-2010 17:31

I switched my family over onto giffgaff because i like the savings. The problem I have is that they do not have internet or credit cards. Although they can buy a voucher they can't buy a goodybag without access to the net which leaves me having to log on and do it for them every month which is a pain. Buying a goodybag without internet connection is a must surely?

Buying a goodybag, even if it's from airtime credit, via text or IVR would solve a lot of my problems!

by sloz plugged in on ‎21-12-2010 18:12
Freddie you dont need a pc to buy a goodybag this link explaings how to buy with your mobile browser http://j.mp/ggmobile
by turbocarlos1 on ‎27-12-2010 20:20

What giffgaff runs on is the community based help that is provided, and surely cutting down the reasons to go online would just decrease the quality and quantity of help given in these forums.

by eldini on ‎27-12-2010 23:25

I really hope this is implemented, it's really inconvenient to top up and buy goody bags at present.

If i run out of credit whilst i'm miles from civilisation then i have no way to replenish my credit (i'm uncomfortable with using auto top-ups)

It's one of the main reasons i havent recommended giff gaff to more people.

Please reconsider this? I believe most other network providers offer this service, and surely it wouldn't take up as much capacity as IVR? Plus IVR can be pretty irritating sometimes...

by jaygb1982 on ‎10-01-2011 06:13

Although this idea has been outlined as a no-goer. I feel that the giffgaff community as a whole would benefit from an alternate method of purchase of a goodybag without having to directly log-on to the giffgaff.com domain, have I missed something? There's no other way to purchase a giffgaff goodybag except online /website.

After the trouble prior to xmas where a lot of people had difficulty logging in, concequently activating and or buying goodybag's I'd be certainly interested in alternate methods for purchasing goodbags in case the database locks us out again

by navi51 on ‎15-03-2011 20:49

Thats one advantage of a smart phone at least you can top up by voucher from it,

never tried credit / debit

by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎05-04-2011 13:21

I'm bumping this idea as we are now likely to see members topping up, but inadvertently losing credit due to background data transactions before they get a chance to convert it to a goodybag.

This has already been seen to happen with iPhones and Facetime, and now with data charging gone live, almost any background task that is live could eat into a fresh £10/£15/£20 etc top-up leaving someone short by pennies.

A process needs to be in place to perform both the topup and convert to goodybag in one motion to minimise the chance of credit being lost, member frustration rising, and agents having to perform 1p/2p refunds to resolve the issue.

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,282 members 4,800 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: