Ideas

Looking for something?

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

by aks782 ‎16-04-2010 20:35 - edited ‎21-04-2010 18:45

I think it would be nice if we could order a GoodyBag or apply credit via text

I'll explain scenario, today i wanted the £5/month GoodyBag but really did not want to log on to my laptop [cos its sooo slow], so could have just texted "£5 Goodybag" to a GG phone number, [if your credit card details are saved online] they then in a text back ask me to confirm what i am buying and then apply the respective goodybag/credit to my account. Then if i wanted credit i could have texted "£5 credit".

Just an idea, leave your comments or if you like it Kudos the idea

please note: i added the "apply credit" idea  from the response from 'geekonthepc'. So many thanks to him/her

This, as well as a few other interactions via text are on the radar of Member Experience for 2014. There needs to be a few more discussions and prioritisation sessions to figure out which projects make the top of the pile, but this Idea is a contender. We'll let you know if it makes the cut in its current form.
Comments
by stespeed on ‎17-02-2014 15:18

:smileyhappy:I agree, with your idea, This would be cheaper, To Print Goodie Bag Text code's on your top up voucher than, Making Plastic swipe Cards,(My Idea), Less Cost for Giffgaff. To think about ?? ,as I am after an easer life, Thanks..

by buntercrow on ‎06-03-2014 12:48
Caw hi . . .just a thought :smileyhappy:

Top up via a free text would be useful.
No need to use data and convenient if people are waiting for a phone call.

by computekbrain on ‎06-03-2014 13:14

Topping up through the website doesn't use any of your data allowance, so I'm not too sure how much of a difference it would make, and how much it would take to implement the system. Nice idea though, I'll support it as I want to see what the giffstaffers have to say on the matter :smileyhappy: The more ways to top up, the better! (Then again, the more they have to maintain)

by janetihill on ‎06-03-2014 17:07

How can you top up a balance from your balance?

by buntercrow on ‎06-03-2014 19:18
Caw using a voucher to top up with. That's what I'm talking about. Not all out giffgaffers use their phones to access the internet. . .So a free text would be ideal. :smileyhappy:
by birdgirl666 on ‎06-03-2014 19:47
That's true I know some old people who only use gg for calls n texts. They dont use data , actually don't need or want to
by crinkes on ‎27-03-2014 22:23
it seen this before but not sure that giffgaff are going to do it
by jeffreyg on ‎27-03-2014 22:25
How can you be so sure? I think it's a good idea
by davejybandit on ‎27-03-2014 22:29
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
If you had £1 billion, which luxury device would you get?
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:4,740 members 1,417 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: