Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
styly

Data Ban - Warning Page

by styly on ‎02-02-2012 09:17

giffgaff sometimes ban accounts without warning for 'excessive data usage'..

..this causes outrage as everyone expects the advertised 'unlimited data', quite right too..

but someone could be in the middle of multiple huge downloads, and the chance of them picking up a 'warning' email or text sent from giffgaff is quite slim, so i understand when instead giffgaff just cut it off, BEFORE it 'affects other users'..

so..

my idea is..

just like the Adult Content Lock page that pops up if you try to access over 18's sites, i think giffgaff should implement a 24HR or 12HR pop up page to the person who would normally get their internet cut off..

it could read something like:

WARNING:

we have noticed very high volumes of data being used with this account, as a result, we have suspended / slowed down your data use for 24 HOURS / 12 HOURS (whatever), during which we would appreciate if you could read through our Terms & Conditions regarding data use (insert link)

theat way giffgaff can be reasonably sure the user has received the 'warning'.

..and hopefully avoid having to put in place a Fair Use Policy for those of us that know how to use any amount of data in a way that doesnt affect other users

if after that time, the user continues..

..ban their arse!!

anyway, what dya think??

This is not technically possible. However we are looking at our data policy and have invited you to discuss this in the welcome thread, and will be improving communication.
Comments
by rochessel on ‎03-02-2012 01:59
Fab idea! Love it! Might be a worth while idea to stop stating its unlimited when it clearly isn't!
by jackiechanman on ‎04-02-2012 13:49

Kudo'd :smileyhappy: I like the idea, would it still work with browsers that encrypt their traffic?

by dansgiffgaff on ‎01-03-2012 21:48

Well We used o2 with there old (3 yrs ago) "unlimited data" and after 3G they send you a txt warning and throttle the data rate - if it's good enough for o2 what makes giffgaff difrerent?

Interesting though, because we have not upgraded our o2 contract or changed it in any way they still honour the old T&Cs that we signed up to (fup of 3GB in those days).

by mrxt on ‎06-03-2012 22:55

How is this not possible, three text message you to tell you when your internet add on is running low, you could do something along those lines to message a user when he uses too much in one day or over a period of time, i dont get why that is n0ot doable unless your over complicating the situation.

by supermuslim on ‎04-05-2012 04:05
Have GG made a decision on this yet?
by victor1990 on ‎18-09-2012 15:59

Shame this isn't techinically possible as I think it would make a big difference. Giffgaff should keep this on review for the future rather than binning it completely.

by styly on ‎04-07-2013 13:21

haha this was deemed Not For Us..

and now should be changed to Implemented?

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,054 members 688 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: