Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
tjommo

No giffgaff ads for giffgaff customers

by tjommo on ‎15-04-2012 12:56

I searched and found no duplicates

Hi giffgaffers,

Do you see loads of giffgaff ads hanging around when you're browsing the web? I see many giffgaff ads on pages giffgaff related (not refferal banners but ads!) Couldn't giffgaff save a lot of money by keeping the ads for people who are not on giffgaff? Ad spaces cost money - it is a waste of money to advertise to people who are already customers! I hope the marketing staff will save a bit of dosh by not showing ads to members - and hopefully with the money saved they can return it to their members!

Please kudo to support :smileyhappy:

Tom

Hi Tom :smileyhappy: Thanks for contributing to the Ideas Board, as Luke has said; "The adverts outside of the giffgaff website have nothing to do with giffgaff itself. Its the search engines. When you visit a website "example giffgaff" it places a cookie on your computer. When you then visit another website, that has adverts on them, the search engine reads your cookies, and will provide you with adverts that appear relevent to what you have browsed too previously." - We could never filter our adverts between giffgaff members and non giffgaff members. It would be technically impossible, but thanks again and I look forward to your future contributions!
Comments
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,051 members 2,310 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: