katinafoot2

Anything but a *proper* official unlock, is a fool's folly. Do it right, and it persists over updates etc. Jailbreak is a fail, I repeat.

I don't understand people who won't pay a mere £19 - this is my interpretation:

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/apps

silverfox55

@katinafoot2 wrote:

Anything but a *proper* official unlock, is a fool's folly. Do it right, and it persists over updates etc. Jailbreak is a fail, I repeat.

I have been jailbreaking iPhones since the beginning and have never had any issues with performance or un loocking. People need to read what can and can't be done before barging headlong into it but they probably never will

katinafoot2

Okay.

skivey

Thanks for your help guys, ill put asside some sarcastic comments and others that know what there talking about but try and make u feel or look stupid.

This is the first time ive come to this forum asking for help, and I must say itll probably be the last time.

I dont know this stuff thats why I asked. Thanks for your time the people who did reply, to those with downgrading and sarcastic comments... there must have bin a time once when you didnt know what you were doing, or maybe not cos your all obviously perfect in every way!

Hows about a little respect? Yes im the dumb member who doesent know what hes doing, thats why I asked for help, not to be derogatised.

Cheers

Matt

silverfox55

@skivey wrote:

Thanks for your help guys, ill put asside some sarcastic comments and others that know what there talking about but try and make u feel or look stupid.

This is the first time ive come to this forum asking for help, and I must say itll probably be the last time.

I dont know this stuff thats why I asked. Thanks for your time the people who did reply, to those with downgrading and sarcastic comments... there must have bin a time once when you didnt know what you were doing, or maybe not cos your all obviously perfect in every way!

Hows about a little respect? Yes im the dumb member who doesent know what hes doing, thats why I asked for help, not to be derogatised.

Cheers

Matt

With respect this is a forum related to giffgaff and it's usage, not a jailbreaking and unlock forum.

People have taken time and effort to explain as best they can how to resolve your issue but cannot give you every in and out about the intricacies of jailbreaking and unlocking an iPhone. There are many, many sites that can help you with that.

With anything of a technical nature it is advisable to do your own research before attempting to actually do anything on the phone as to what can and cannot be acheived.

As I said before, good luck with whatever you decide to do with your phone

dubdriver

As already stated by as7861, get Vodafone to unlock it for you. Your friend should organise that as he is the one who has the contract. If they suspect the request is from someone else then they may ask of further proof of purchase/contract which you do not have!