Update: 16/01/2014 17:40
Just wanted to announce that @cuffy25 was our lucky winner. cuffy25 had a friend order a SIM and both cuffy25 and their friend will both get to choose a phone each from our offering (giffgaff.com/phones).
Congratulations cuffy25 and friend. Keep an eye on your inboxes as I will be in touch with you regarding your prize.
Be sure to keep an eye on the community for more competitions and other general fun and games.
We always like to give back a little something to our members and this definitely seems like the right time of year to do it.
When you share your personalised order link on Facebook or Twitter and a friend orders a SIM from it before midnight on Wednesday 1st January 2014, we will enter both of you into a prize draw to win a phone each from our range.
Get sharing for more chances to win. Every order from your personalised order link will give you one entry into the win a phone competition. And your friend who orders from your link will also be entered to win a phone for themselves too. Note, only one order per household will be counted (no point sending lots of giffgaff SIMs to the same address, that’s a waste of paper).
Good luck everyone!
FAQs: When will winners be announced?
The prize winners will be announced on Friday 17th January 2014. If I order a SIM to myself will it count?
Yes, it’s a little sneaky entering yourself, but we’ll count it just the once. If my friend orders a SIM for them and their sister will it count as two entries?
If they live at the same house, as we’re only counting one order per household it will count only as one entry.
I really want to win, is there a limit on the number of total orders? No, so long as you’ve shared the email via Facebook and Twitter.
I don’t have a Facebook/Twitter account, what are my options? Sorry, we want to help spread giffgaff via these social channels. We will have future competitions that I’m sure you’ll be able to enter.
What happens if my Tweet is Retweeted? In addition to sharing the giffgaff love further, if your Tweet is spread out further, you will have more chances of winning. As the order button in the email is linked to your giffgaff membername, any orders generated from a Retweet of your original Tweet will still be linked to you.
T's and C's - the legal bits: (put in a spoiler to save this post looking like war and peace)
Ts & Cs – Share to win a phone
1. By submitting your entry, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. You can enter if you’re 18 or over and a UK resident (but not if you’re a giffgaff employee, one of their family, or connected in any other way with this Competition). Obviously, third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents are off limits. We (giffgaff) reserve the right to check all entrants are actually eligible, and we reserve the right to require such information as we consider reasonably necessary in order to do that. If we’re not satisfied, you might not get your prize.
3. We can and will reject any entry, and/or disqualify any winner or entrant, if we think that the entry is defamatory, indecent or violates or infringes any third party’s rights.
4. To enter the competition, share your personalised order link – via Facebook or Twitter, once this has been shared, each SIM order placed via your personalised order link will be counted as one entry into the competition.
5. Only the first order per household will be counted.
6. The competition is not over until midnight Wednesday 1st January 2014. And please don’t leave it until the last minute, in case technology lets you down.
7. A winner will be selected randomly from the qualifying order entries on the 17th of January. The member associated with that order and the person who placed that order will receive a handset of their choice from our range, or reimbursed for a phone already purchased from our range, as per the winners’ preference. The prize is not transferable.
8. The promoter reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value should the need arise.
9. The prize will only be delivered to addresses within the UK. The promoter is not responsible for any inaccurate prize details supplied by any person connected with this competition.
10. We’ll contact the winning member directly via their giffgaff number or via e-mail, and we’ll then contact the person who placed the winning order. But we won’t let the prize sit around unclaimed, so if the winner is unable to be contacted and cannot claim the prize by 23rd January, we’ll choose another lucky winner.
11. We’re not responsible if you can’t take up the prize.
12. We’re not responsible for any entries that go astray, are corrupted, incomplete or for any failure to capture entry information Ditto for acceptances or other documents or communications related to the Prize, or indeed the prize itself.
13. We’ll announce the winner’s membername on our community, and they may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition. If you enter, you agree to your name being made publicly available if you win.
14. It is the responsibility of entrants to notify the promoter of any change of contact details. Proof of identity may be required.
15. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, we reserve the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate the Prize by conducting a simple draw from all entrants
16. The promoter shall not be responsible for damages, losses or liabilities of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages arising out of or in relation to the prize draw
17. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
18. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
20. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. The promoter of this Competition is giffgaff (that’s us), Hertz House, Uxbridge, London Borough of Hillingdon