- My wife and I both have iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.4 on GG
- I have been on GG for several months though only realised yesterday that my Mobile Data and MMS network settings had reset, probably when I upgraded to iOS 7 around Christmas time.
- My wife's phone is new (to her) and came fully online on GG yesterday with number transfer from an old Nokia on O2.
Texts to my wife appear green, meaning they are being treated as SMS texts and not iMessages.
Texts she sends to me are mostly (not all) indicated by my phone as iMessages
Messages I send to a 3rd iPhone (not on GG) go as blue iMessages
Messages sent by that 3rd iPhone to my wife go as blue iMessages.
So the issue appears to be specific to messages I send to my wife.(= Oh dear!!!)
This is not a big deal for texting given unlimited texts in my GoodyBag however it is important for sending pictures etc. (I appreciate there are workarounds with other apps but since my wife is a new and apprehensive user I want to keep it very simple at this early stage)
Is this a set up issue specific to the network and phone or an Apple iMessage oddity? I'm happy to take the problem elsewhere if its nothing to do with set up on GG.
What I have done so far but not necessarily in this order:
- Facetime works fine between phones
- Tried both phones on WiFi and 3G
- Configured Mobile Data network settings (Settings>Mobile>Mobile Data Network) on both phones to giifgaff.com in line with iPhone article in Knowledge Base on GG.
- Restarted both phones (Hold power and swipe red prompt)
- Switched off and back on iMessage in Settings>Messages in my phone
- Turned on & off "Send as SMS" in Settings>Messages in my phone. (Set OFF in wife's phone)
Any pointers towards a solution would be great.