1. of, pertaining to, or capable of walking: an ambulatory exploration of the countryside.
2. adapted for walking, as the limbs of many animals.
3. moving about or from place to place; not stationary: an ambulatory tribe.
4. Also, ambulant. Medical
(a) not confined to bed; able or strong enough to walk: an ambulatory patient.
(b) serving patients who are able to walk: an ambulatory care center.
5. Law. not fixed; alterable or revocable: ambulatory will.
6. Also called deambulatory. Architecture
(a) an aisle surrounding the end of the choir or chancel of a church.
(b) the covered walk of a cloister.