Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, cats and dogs.
On 12th May we announced ChariTEE: reactivation 2014. The premise was simple; we asked you to design a T-shirt that you'd be happy to wear. What for? To get it printed out, sell it and donate the profit to charity. Two weeks, 170 posts and 90 amazing designs later I am proud to present the 5 finalists of this year's ChariTEE.
The choice was far from easy and our panel of judges had a difficult time selecting the designs that would take part in the final community voting. Many a great artwork unfortunately couldn't make it to the next round, but we would like to thank everyone for their amazing effort; it couldn't have and can't happen without your engagement. Now it's all up to you to decide which T-shirt we'll be selling.
Whether you submitted an entry, just observed, or were one of the judges, whether your artwork is listed below or not, now it's time for you to vote
. Simply give Kudos to the ONE
T-shirt design that you would wear from the ones presented below.
: only ONE Kudos vote per member is allowed. Multiple votes will be disregarded.
While making your choice, bear in mind that the T-shirt will be sold online, so think of a design that could appeal to a wider audience. And, most importantly, would you buy it? After all, the more people that like it, the more that will decide to purchase it and the more money we'll raise for charity.
Let the fun begin. Get those fingers ready to give Kudos.
Voting ends on 11th June 2014 at 8.00 pm BST.
Update: based on the results of your votes here, the profit from ChariTEE will go to SHELTER.
PS. The T-shirt designs below are posted in the order they were submitted on the original thread
PPS. We have decided not to announce the member names of the finalists until after the vote, as we want you to make the choice based on the t-shirt design only. The original thread with all the entries will remain hidden until after the end of the voting. All Kudos received on the original post will be restored on 11th June.
Please read through the T&C in the spoiler below:
1. By submitting your entry, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. Third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents are off limits. We (giffgaff) reserve the right to check all entrants are actually eligible, and we reserve the right to require such information as we consider reasonably necessary in order to do that. If we’re not satisfied, you might not get your prize.
3. You can vote by giving Kudos for one design only. If your artwork is one of the finalists below, you are allowed to award it Kudos.
4. We can and will reject any entry, and/or disqualify any winner or entrant, if we think that the entry is defamatory, indecent or violates or infringes any third partys' rights.
5. We own the copyright on all entries submitted, and by entering into the competition you agree that we can use, display, publish, transmit, copy and change your submissions for any purposes we feel appropriate. We also reserve the right to modify the design so that it is in accordance with our brand guidelines.
6. A winner will be selected by community vote starting the 28th May 2014.
7. Voting ends at 8.00 pm on 11th June 2014.
8. We’ll let you all know the winner on the community and privately contact them individually.
9. We’re not responsible for any entries that go astray. Ditto for acceptances or other documents or communications related to the prize, or indeed the prize itself.
10. We’ll put the winners on the community, and they may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition. If you enter, you agree to your name being made publicly available if you win.
11. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, we reserve the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate the Prize by conducting a simple draw from all entrants
12. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
13. giffgaff staff cannot be finalists of the competition but are allowed to vote for their favourite design.
14. We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
15. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The promoter of this Competition is giffgaff (that’s us), Hertz House, 11 Vine Street, Uxbridge, UB81QE
17. If you know who's the author behind any of the designs, you are not allowed to disclose this information to the public. If you do so, your posts will be removed. This is to keep the contest as genuine as possible
18. Please do not campaign or promote any particular design(s). We want the vote to be each member's personal choice not influenced by external factors. Any posts breaching this will be removed and authors may be penalised.
For any more information about us, visit our website: http://giffgaff.com/