ratesetter never say why they refuse credit
have a look at this though
There are a number of reasons why your loan application may be rejected. Most of the time it will be based on the result of the credit check, but it can also be caused by issues with the information provided.
Make sure to always provide giffgaff with true and accurate information so we can process your request in the best possible way.
In particular, please make sure that you are providing us with:
• Your full legal name (shortened or usage names will be rejected)
• Your own bank details. No loan application will be accepted if you are giving us someone else's bank details (even if they are living at the same address)
• Your address. This must be where you live and where your card and bank account are registered. This is also the address which shows on the electoral roll. No applications will be accepted for business addresses.
• Your correct date of birth. You must be at least 18 years old. Make sure that your date of birth did not change when you scrolled down to the next field.
• it says 18 but you need 3 years credit history
Please also make sure that you have enough funds available on your card to cover the initial payment. Selecting a greater initial payment will reduce the amount you ask to borrow.
If you wish to have more information about your credit score, other companies can provide you with a credit report to help you understand your situation better and improve your credit score.
Please note that if you are already a RateSetter user your loan application may be rejected because you are using the same email address as for your existing RateSetter account. In this case, you can use a different email on giffgaff to complete your loan application and your phone purchase.