Who can believe we are already into February? and we’re very excited about what 2016 has in store and wanted to share some very exciting news with you.
Back in December 2014 we implemented a new idea suggested from pbaumann which was selling ‘refurbished phones’ (typically these are phones which have been returned through our 14 day change of mind policy or phones which have had their physical appearance improved to give them an almost perfect look and feel), you can check out the original post here.
Your feedback on this trial was amazing and after the trial in December 2014 you told us the parts of the offer that could be improved. We listened and we made the changes you asked for including extensions to the warranty period and the inclusion of a power cable in the box.
We now have an opportunity to trial another development to this original idea.
Have you ever tried buying and selling a phone on Ebay? It’s not always the most pleasant experience is it? Dealing with people/companies you don't know or trust, no quality control, a challenging process when you have a complaint or problem. We’d like to trial selling pre-owned phones on our website. But we’re going to do it a bit differently to everyone else and add a bit of the old giffgaff magic to the process.
- We’re going to sell phones which have been recycled. (Recycled phones differ from refurbished phones. The main difference is that that the physical condition of the phone will not have been enhanced through a refurbishment process.)
- All recycled phones will be sold unlocked
- All recycled phones will be forensically data cleansed (all previous owners media and other data removed) and security checked for theft
- Recycled Phones will be available in a variety of physical conditions and will be categorised and priced accordingly
- All recycled Phones will come with a 6 month warranty
- All recycled Phones will come with a data/charging cable and sim key if relevant
- All Phones will come with a giffgaff sim card
- Phones available will be across all major brands
- These phones will be on a separate webpage from new phones
- The member experience of buying a recycled phone for the purchase and post purchase will be identical to that of a new phone.
We want you to get involved and help us shape the future of how we sell pre owned phones. There will be lots of ways you can get involved from quick polls to web chats. So keep your eyes peeled on this thread.
Bye for now.