I’m here to tell you about a couple of exciting trials we will be running this month to hopefully help make our Share the love programme - our programme that rewards you and your friends when you introduce them to giffgaff – to be even better and make it even easier to bring new members aboard the good ship giffgaff.
We’re interested to see members’ preferences and how we can help improve the programme in future.
We’ll be randomly contacting a couple of groups of our existing members by email with an invite to take part. As always, if you’re not selected in the trial, please rest assured we’re doing the tests to inform decisions that would be to the benefit of everyone.
Both trials are applicable for any activation from your friends or family from today until 11.59PM on 31st August.
Our first group will be able to offer their friends and family £10 credit for joining giffgaff through them.
As set out in the invite email – whenever a member in this group has a friend activate one of their SIMs they will now get a total of £10 free credit rather than the standard £5 when they join giffgaff.
This £10 credit will be delivered to their friend as two £5 amounts. £5 within 24 hours of activating, as per usual. Another £5 within 5 days of activating.
Our second group will be invited to take their reward for each new friend they bring aboard as £5 pay as you go credit straight away in place of the standard 500 Payback points.
Please note - the £5 credit can take up to 5 days to be added to an account.
As set out in the invite email – whenever a member in this group has a friend activate one of their sims, the standard confirmation email we send through will give the option of how they would like to be rewarded.
In each email there will be a link to select the £5 credit option.
If no selection is made, then we’ll pay it as Payback points as per normal and will add it to account as part of the September points total (so we’ve got time to check through all the activations from August).
The choice is yours.
For both trials, you just share the love in the usual way. Order sims through https://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm or share your personal order page – or share any you may already have at home.
Happy sharing everyone!
The website and sim packs still say my friend will only get £5 free credit when they join, will they get £10?
- As this is a limited trial we have not updated the website or sim packs as it wouldn’t be the case for everyone. But rest assured, if you’ve been invited to the £10 credit trial, they’ll get the extra £5 credit.
- It can take up to 5 days for the second £5 to show – remember you can check your giffgaff credit balance at any time by dialing *100# from your giffgaff phone.
I chose to take my reward as £5 credit instead of Payback points, but now I’ve changed my mind.
- Unfortunately, once you’ve chosen we can’t reverse the decision for you.
- However, to avoid this scenario best we can, it is a two-step process to confirm you want to take it as credit. Plus, if you don’t do anything it is paid as Payback as default.
- You need to click the link in each share the love activation confirmation email and then confirm on the landing page that you wish to take the reward as credit.
Is this available to Super Recruiters?
- At this stage these two trials will only involve a small number of our existing members who are not Super Recruiters.
Are there any limits to the number of friends I can bring aboard?
- No, share away to one and all. However, if you become a Super Recruiter in the process (you recruit your 15th friend during the month) these offers will no longer be eligible for any activations after that point (e.g. your 16th friend).