is it uk card?
try new browser
try clearing cache on browser
check expiry date is greater than oct 2016
Credit/Debit card Issues
Debit/Credit card payment problems can be caused by the following issues.
- Common errors-Typos in your information - card number(omit spaces), card expiry date, incorrect card type selected, title of person not entered with name.
- Incorrect address under card details, as registeredwith your bank. (omit any punctuation).
- Insufficient funds in the account.
- Punctuation characters used in the verification password (solution change the password to just contain letters and numbers only).
- Card being used from abroad(some foreign IP address are rejected, though using the giffgaff site https://giffgaff.com/mobile/buy directly from the phone should work if you have some credit for web access). Alternatively buy some O2 vouchers on the internet: Ebay, https://topups2go.com/ or http://www.topupsdirect.co.uk/buy-top-ups.html for example and top up by dialing 43430 (free from abroad). You can also get a friend to top you up using this link https://giffgaff.com/topup/altruistic (they would need to set up a giffgaff account if they aren't on giffgaff but don't need an active SIM to send you the top up (just a credit/debit card)).
- Non UK registered bank card used.
- The paying bank rejecting due to their own security checks. Please check with the bank first if you can see no other reasons for the payment to be declined on this list.
- Attempting multiple topups in a short period on one account (do check that the payment hasn't already gone through if you had problems by checking your payments history here).
- Card used on multiple mobile accounts (this can include 02 contracts/PAYG or Tesco mobile)
Still no luck then If you have previously stored your card details (https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details) then delete, reinput and try again as this has been known to cure some problems (especially with the 3 digit security code/CVV). You can also do this by clicking 'use a different card' and re-entering the card details (even if you want to pay with the same card) during the check out process.
Error "We haven't been able to process your payment due to an issue with your giffgaff account. Please contact a giffgaff agent." then try this:
- Delete your card if you have already set it within herehttps://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details.
- Within herehttps://giffgaff.com/profile/details Click change address,input your postcode in and click find address.
- Choose your address in the drop down list and click save address.
- Go back to save your card again and hopefully it will now save successfully. (Thanks to sloz for finding this).
If still unsuccessful or you have multiple accounts then raise a case with the agents https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/cant_topup_airtime giving the following information so the team can look into your case as quickly as possible.
--> The last 4 digits of the card you are trying to use.
--> A description of what you have been trying to do or have experienced, along with any error messaging.
--> If multiple accounts are being used, the usernames, numbers of the giffgaff accounts you are trying to top up using this card. If you have other 02 or Tesco mobile accounts include this information.
--> The postcode that the card you are trying to use is registered to.
Meanwhile you can top up your account by buying a voucher (giffgaff http://bit.ly/giffgaffvoucher or O2 will also work) and redeeming it (https://giffgaff.com/buy/redeem). You can then buy a goodybag/gigabag if required from the redeemed credit Buying goodybag/gigabag from credit