Wondering what's using up your giffgaff internet data fast/missing data
This will also explain on how to save and not use so much data if needed
It could be many of things thats taken/used up your Data / Internet
Here's a few examples
● 4G Enabled/Using 4G Speeds
● Internet Sharing/Tethering your data via WiFI Hotspot / USB to another Handset/Device
● Dongles / MIFI
● Sharing Hotspot/Tethering to Playstation/Xbox
● Online Gaming via your APPS on your Phone
● Music/Podcast Streaming
● Facebook streaming
● You Tube streaming
● System Updates
● Game Updates
● Game Downloads
● Background Apps Gavering information
● Video Calling
● Messenger (calls/video)
● File Downloads
● Downloading From Torrent Sites
● Adding Widgets (this is ongoing straming/updating)
● Wi-Fi ASSIST
● 4K Streaming (uses loads of data and is one to stay well away from)
And the list goes on, a lot of the above would take data down very fast within minutes/hours with some of those listed
Also, If you have a 4G compatible handset / device and you use 4G then that will use a lot more data than using 3G data
"In The Future" , if you can get away with streaming or surfing the net ok using 3G then that will save you a lot of data and use that when you don't need to run and use many apps etc
You could always update/download things that are large on your phone by using a "Hot-Spot" / "WiFi Connection and turn your updates/downloads to Wifi only, just a thought.
Also, "Text PLAN" to 43430 for your Data/Internet Usage (Last 30 Days Use)
(How to turn off Wi-Fi Assist) iPhone
Tap Settings, Then Tap > Mobile Data, Next, > Scroll right to the bottom and check that Wi-Fi Assist is turned off (select till not green other words)
Androids: (Optional) Turn off Auto-Updates for using mobile network connection.
Open Google Play, once the page has opened, click on the 3 lines at the top left, a side window will/should open, once that has opened, scroll down to settings and select that, look for Auto-update apps, once found click that and select “Do not auto-update apps or you can select Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
Also, if you are using a iPhone or Android you can see whats also using your data and tells you how much each App etc is using or used,
Go in to your Settings, click > Mobile Data
Scroll down a little until you see > Mobile Data Usage or might just say Mobile Data, and there it will tell you what apps etc are using / used already.
On Android you can get to the menu by going to Settings, followed by Connections and then Data Usage. On the next menu select “Mobile Data Usage” to see a rundown of what apps you've used so far this month and how much data they use.
Best Ways to Reduce Data Usage on Androids
• Limit your data usage in Android Settings. ...
• Restrict App background data. ...
• Use data compression in Chrome. ...
• Update apps over Wi-Fi only. ...
• Limit your use of streaming services. ...
• Keep an eye on your apps. ...
• Cache Google Maps for offline use. ...
• Optimise Account Sync Settings.