Wondering what's using up your giffgaff internet data fast/missing data
This will also explain on how to save and not use so much data if needed
It could be many of things thats taken/used up your Data / Internet
Here's a few examples
● 4G Enabled/Using 4G Speeds
● Internet Sharing/Tethering your data via WiFI Hotspot / USB to another Handset/Device
● Dongles / MIFI
● Sharing Hotspot/Tethering to Playstation/Xbox
● Online Gaming via your APPS on your Phone
● Music/Podcast Streaming
● Facebook streaming
● You Tube streaming
● System Updates
● Game Updates
● Game Downloads
● Background Apps Gavering information
● Video Calling
● Messenger (calls/video)
● File Downloads
● Downloading From Torrent Sites
● Adding Widgets (this is ongoing straming/updating)
● Wi-Fi ASSIST
● 4K Streaming (uses loads of data and is one to stay well away from)
And the list goes on, a lot of the above would take data down very fast within minutes/hours with some of those listed
Also, If you have a 4G compatible handset / device and you use 4G then that will use a lot more data than using 3G data
"In The Future" , if you can get away with streaming or surfing the net ok using 3G then that will save you a lot of data and use that when you don't need to run and use many apps etc
You could always update/download things that are large on your phone by using a "Hot-Spot" / "WiFi Connection and turn your updates/downloads to Wifi only, just a thought.
Also, "Text PLAN" to 43430 for your Data/Internet Usage (Last 30 Days Use)
(How to turn off Wi-Fi Assist) iPhone
Tap Settings, Then Tap > Mobile Data, Next, > Scroll right to the bottom and check that Wi-Fi Assist is turned off (select till not green other words)
Androids: (Optional) Turn off Auto-Updates for using mobile network connection.
Open Google Play, once the page has opened, click on the 3 lines at the top left, a side window will/should open, once that has opened, scroll down to settings and select that, look for Auto-update apps, once found click that and select “Do not auto-update apps or you can select Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
Best Ways to Reduce Data Usage on Androids
• Limit your data usage in Android Settings. ...
• Restrict App background data. ...
• Use data compression in Chrome. ...
• Update apps over Wi-Fi only. ...
• Limit your use of streaming services. ...
• Keep an eye on your apps. ...
• Cache Google Maps for offline use. ...
• Optimise Account Sync Settings.