@figment_uk That message is wrong on so many levels. Do we know if it is an sms and/or email?
○ For a start it does not inform the member that when your goody bag expires you are subject to UK paygo rates (apart from International calls outside the EU & Selected
○ Here in the UK if we get accused of something we naively believe we should know what rules have been transgressed?
○ Taking money for a goodybag which can be used in the UK but not in the EU goes against the spirit of RLAH.
○ The message does not advise the member
of any right of appeal.
○ in the UK the sending of multiple sms leads
to suspension! Can we assume this
transgression related instead to calls as
data use in the EU has a seperate fair use
○ We know that the preferential rate for data
use in the EU was lowered from 0.78p MB
to 0.6p but do we know categorically that
the EU lowered breach of data fair use,
rates to 0.6p?