Welcome to giffgaff - thanks for popping by the community! A few tips to get you started:
1) How to get help: The quickest to get help is via 'Knowledge Base' and 'Help & Support'.
- Knowledge Base: Start here - there is a search box where you can enter your question and it will search all the giffgaff answers (FAQs) and bring back any community posts as well - it's likely your question has already been asked and answered before, so you'll get an instant answer back - saving you time.
Also handy guides like the Getting started guide.
- Help & Support: If your quick search first doesn't bring back the answer you want pop your question in Help & Support you'll get a quick response back from one of our members (most questions answered within 5 minutes, 95% within an hour).
Once your question has been answered, please remember to mark the most helpful answer as 'Best Asnwer', this lets everyone know you're sorted and gives extra points to the member who helped you the most.
- Ask an agent: For private and personal questions only. Obviously you don't want to publish your private account information on the public internet - so when you have a question where you need to supply private account details (ie your billing address, phone number, credit card details, top-up voucher number etc) you can ask one of our giffgaff member agents here. You'll received a response typically within 24 hours - any messages from an agent can be found under your Private Messages.
Please note: They're a small team and can only answer private/ personal questions, if you ask a question that isn't of a private nature - you'll be re-directed to ask your question within the community. You'll receive
For more info, head to the 'How to get help' post for a quick overview.
2) Helping out / earning payback: Help us out and we'll reward you for your effort. Help giffgaff grow by introducing friends to giffgaff or by helping other stuck members within the community. For more info about payback head to the 'Guide to payback points' post.
3) The Community: Take a look around the community, you'll notice questions needing immediate help are posted in 'Help & Support', there are other sections where members are getting tips and info, discussing new ideas and submitting ideas for review. A little note on the ranking names, if you're new, you'll have a 'Newbie giffgaffer' rank name and giffgaff staff are identified by a little 'gg' next to their member name.
4) FAQ's: a couple of questions that get asked a lot:
- Activating your SIM: Activating your SIM is pretty straight forward. Enter the 6 digit code here.
- Activation time: Once you go through the activation process, it typically takes 5-30 minutes for giffgaff to process things our end and get your new number on the network. If you're activating your phone after 10pm it'll activate the next morning.
- Settings: The settings are typically sent to your phone automatically, if they haven't text 'settings' to 2020. Some phones (like the iPhone, blackberry etc) need a little more help, head to 'Knowledge Base' for individual setting information (enter your phone model name in the search box).
- Your new giffgaff number: Once you've activated, you can find your new mobile number and other account details under My Giffgaff
- Keeping your old number: head to giffgaff answers 'Keep your number'
- Topping up: for info about how to top-up and making topping easier with auto top-up, check this giffgaff answer 'How to top-Up'
- goodybags: you can get a variety of different deals with our giffgaff goodybags, check here for more info, also see if you could be better off on a goodybag check your usage here
- checking your balance: super easy dial *100# for airtime credit balance and *100*7# for goodybag balance, more details here on the 'how do I check my balance' FAQ
Righto - that'll do for now - hope to see you round here more often!