It seems that despite the high profile campaign to make people aware of this serious problem that is not only rife in this area(North Yorkshire) but countrywide there are still people being caught out.
These thieves have no problem,no compassion,nor do they lose any sleep when targeting the elderly or any other vulnerable person in order to relieve them of thier money,
This message is being sent out to all police stations,neighbourhood watch teams and support teams in the area.
I am aware that despite many community messages, press releases etc, I am still seeing local residents becoming a victim of scams and frauds due to bogus telephone calls and emails. Please remember this:
The Police or your bank will NEVER
1. Ask you to withdraw money to hand over to them for safe keeping
2. Ask you to transfer money to a 'safe account' for fraud reasons or to aid an investigation, even if they say it is in your name
3. Ask you to lie to your bank about why you are withdrawing or transferring money
4. Send someone to your home to collect cash, PIN, cards or cheque books if you are a victim of fraud
5. Ask you to purchase goods using your card and then hand them over for safe keeping
6. Phone and ask you for your PIN or full banking password, even by tapping them into your phone keypad
This is a free online course on passwords from a company I have worked with. Takes about five minutes and I hope you find it informativehttps://theantisocialengineer.com//wp-content/uploads/articulate_uploads/Passwords-Module/story_html5.html