I bought an iphone 6s brand new from Giffgaff on 2nd July, I've had it since the 3rd, was all good and had no problems up until yesterday, it takes ages to find any wifi connections, the existing connections flash up on the screen with less of a signal than they have and then disappear, the top of the phone at the back overheats whenever I try to connect to the wifi. It constantly tells me the wifi password is incorrect and won't connect.
So far I've tried:
- restarting the phone 2 or 3 different ways
- resetting network connections
- selecting 'forget this connection' then redoing it
- turning the wifi off and on, leaving varying time until retrying
- typing the password really slowly
- turning off wifi under location settings
- resetting the router
- checking to see if the device is blacklisted by the router
Any more suggestions?
I should add that there's been no accidental damage and it's only been charged with the wire etc it was supplied with (official apple products).
There's no wifi issues on any other devices, and I spoke to apple support who suggested it may need repairing or exchanging, but it was working perfectly fine up until yesterday, surely there's gotta be a fix? Especially since it's a brand new device!