cricpk

Good advice 🙂

ross_sutherland

Have followed bertiebat's helpful guide. First couple of times it didn't work and left me a little baffled as I was doing exactly as he said.

Then I tried just putting in the letters in my driving license number in lowercase, rather than exactly as it was on my license which uses uppercase. It immediately lifted the ban and now I don't have to worry about whether I can access a site or not.

I had a problem while on Three with the same thing. I'd go to an ordinary site, eg. not x-rated and it wouldn't allow me if it was categorised as an adult site because it had alcohol or the like on it. Difference is, they wanted me to use a credit card to make a paymeny which they would then credit to my account, but I refused to give them that information as I always topped up with a voucher. Giffgaff's way is much better

kchildheart

O.o I assume your screwed if you're over 30 and still have neither of these >_>;

ross_sutherland

That's true. I don't have a passport now and wouldn't be paying out around £100 to get one just to remove the Adult Content restriction.

Guess the best way if you don't have either, as has been said elsewhere, is to contact an Agent (Is it just me or does saying that sound like something from the Matrix?)

duckehhh

It always links me to the gremlins error page. so I had to contact a agent. Hasnt been lifted yet according to my account settings. but tried some 'adult' sites earlier and they seemed to work.

khairul

@bertiebat

Kudos for the tips.

It would be good to mention that you can also removing the block by:
- asking an agent. This will take a week.
- going to https://ageverification.o2.co.uk if you have a credit card

bertiebat

@bertiebat

Kudos for the tips.

It would be good to mention that you can also removing the block by:

- asking an agent. This will take a week.

- going to https://ageverification.o2.co.uk if you have a credit card

Thanks khairul  🙂

I have mentioned that an agent can remove this (though a time period is worth mentioning).

Can you confirm that giffgaff customers can remove the bar on the site you have mentioned (don't want to spend £1 to check if it works).

khairul

I have advised people to use it for their giffgaff SIMs and they have told me it works.

bertiebat

@khairul wrote:

I have advised people to use it for their giffgaff SIMs and they have told me it works.

Thanks khairul that is very useful advice and I will add it to the guide.  🙂

leeze

The info on the o2 website using a credit card will no longer work as o2 no longer hold Giffgaff account data. Please take note