Here's our first list of feedback items, features, and more that we have on our to-do list. This is not even close to a final list yet - we're still going through existing feedback, and receiving new feedback, which we'll add to the list periodically. We're also still identifying additional items ourselves. We'll update this thread and list periodically, to both add new items and move items as we prioritise. We'll also mark off as we complete each item, and at some point I'll try to make it a bit prettier.
Thanks to everyone who has provided constructive feedback and ideas so far. You've helped us massively with getting a good picture of what needs to be worked on urgently and what can afford to wait a little longer.
Any questions on any of the below, feel free to ask.
Key to icons used below:
🔼 = Updated, 🆕 = added since last update, ▶️ =in progress, ✅ = done, ⏸️ = on hold, 🧪 = on Preview
Currently working on
- ▶️Implementing "Elastic Search"
- ⏸️Preparing to return some custom giffgaff extensions back to open source
- Additional tools for the Educators (Phase 1 of 4+)
- ⏸️Fixing some analytics issues
- ⏸️Allow members to save posts as Draft: we have an initial implementation being used by Eds on a trial basis, allowing drafts for new discussions only.
- ▶️Allow members to choose whether the All Discussions or Tags page is their personal default home page
- ▶️🔼Trigger an email to remind discussion authors (for Help and support only) to set a Best Answer
Future plans (roughly prioritised)
The below lists are roughly prioritised, however the exact order may still change. Also, the Member and Technical lists will be worked on side-by-side.
- Mobile UX improvements
- 🆕Hamburger menu on all mobile pages
- 🆕Remove / replace nested menus with alternative options
- 🆕Improve discoverability of alternative navigation options
- Search location on mobile
- 🆕Improvements to Private Discussions (Phase 2)
- Making PDs more visible/accessible. We're looking at a couple of options here.
- Sort options for private discussions in profile.
- Soft delete behaviour when deleting the OP
- Notifications cosmetics glitch: sometimes the number on the notifications icon shows a negative (wrong) value
- 🔼Removing a BA (I believe this is already resolved, but I need to double check we finished everything)
- Tidy up the new member experience
- Some threads with rich content missing content after migration - we have a record of all content, so we can look at what has been lost and restore it after investigation. We'll work on these on an ad hoc basis as we receive reports of content that needs repairing.
- Automation of process for extracting data to be used in Payback calculations
- Prevent the emoji menu wandering off screen when inserting an emoji in a long post
- Payback data extraction tool - moving towards full automation
- Search Engine Optimisation tidy up
- Auto generate the sitemap
- Automated GDPR RTBF request processing (building on the manual extension we are currently tidying up)
- Infrastructure refinement
- Integration in the new App
- Code block is not displaying leading spaces. (It actually does if you use the correct formatting: the button in the toolbar is for an
inline code insertion. In the markdown, this is generated using a single ` either side of the text to be formatted. You can, however, create a full code block using ``` backticks around the code, as below. We need to make this more obvious.)
this is a code block
with a three space indent
Future plans (not yet prioritised)
A few things that we've already picked up and are investigating currently. The below list are items that we will work on as soon as we can, however we have not yet determined where they fit in our prioritised lists above.
- Inconsistent behaviour when revisiting a thread (jumping to the first unread post)
- Emoticon popup menu disappears off screen when used in long posts
- Prevent members from being able to interact with the Reactions menu multiple times in a short space of time to prevent odd display issues.
- Quote on mobile button goes off screen depending on where you end the quote
- No preview when starting a thread/Drafts
- Seeing who reacted to a post
- Spacing between threads previewed (we need to discuss with the Brand team)
- Staff tags need to be more visible
- Remembering preference for sorting on a per-tag basis
- 'Remember me' on log in
- Indication that you have already replied to a thread
- Swipe on a mobile - missing text
- Uploading a screen recording
- Top Nav - integrate main giffgaff navigation
- Some discussions can appear twice in the index lists after clicking the "Load more" button. We believe we know why this is happening, and it's purely a visual issue, but we'd like to tidy this up at some point.
- Prevent spoilers from appearing to duplicate when editing a post with a spoiler
- Improve the discussion quick-scroll "scrubber"
- Add extra highlighting to Sticky discussions
- Ensure behaviour of the "<" button (top left of screen) is consistent across all areas of the site, as well as consistent between mobile and desktop.
- Fix the problem with sometimes only being able to view the 10 most recent notifications on desktop.
Larger features that may take some time
- Full statistics page for members
- Signatures and setting to hide
- Displaying thumbnails of photos posted in Photography
- Helpers toolbox
- Migrate + rebuild Labs
- Studio giffgaff image builder rebuild and integration
- Picture gallery extension
- Friends feature
Probably doesn't need explaining; this is the list of things we've completed since this thread was created.
- ✅Adding more automated tests in our deployment process
- ✅Minor security fixes
- ✅Streamlining manual GDPR Right to be Forgotten requests processing (extension)
- ✅Changed the "Now" link on the discussion scroller to say "Latest post" (thanks @endorphin)
- ✅Some minor visual bug fixes.
- ✅Streamlining manual process for extracting data to be used in Payback calculations
- ✅Static page for when the community is unavailable
- ✅Tag view as default view
- ✅Reporting your own post
- ✅Adding supporting text to more report/flag categories (this is likely to be very low on our list)
- ✅Showing the author of a thread more obviously in the tag indexes
- ✅🔼Private Discussions Improvements Phase 1
- ✅🔼Trigger a notification if your post is selected as a Best Answer